PDA

View Full Version : SDAC-18 Need Cars for Next Book

seanjnl1
06-11-2008, 07:33 PM
Hey all, I am currently in the process of writing my 2nd book, this time about the other FWD performance cars of the eighties. To get photographs of various cars for the book, I will be at the SDAC-18 car show on Sunday with camera in hand (along with my 87 Daytona). I am hoping you all can help me out. I will probably be photographing everything with a steering wheel there, but there are a few models in particular that I am especially hoping will be at the car show on Sunday:

1984 & 1986 Shelby Charger
1984 Omni GLH
1988 & 1989 Lancer Shelby
1989 LeBaron GTS sedan

If you happen to own one of these cars, and are on the fence about whether to bring it to the show, I am hoping that the chance to have it appear in a published book may help swing your opinion over to my side. All I ask is that the car be presentable (i.e. rust issues) and be as stock looking as possible: factory wheels, seats, hood, radios, etc. You know what I mean.

Even if your car is not on the above list that does not mean that I do not want to photograph it. So polish your ride up, and bring it on down. It may just get photographed for posterity.

Thanks a bunch
Greg McCausey

BadAssPerformance
06-11-2008, 07:48 PM
Sounds awesoem Greg!

One of our SDAC-Chicago members, Jim Rieser (87dodgeman) is planning to have his sweet ~45k mile '89 Lebaron GTS there :thumb:

http://www.sdac-chicago.org/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=14383&g2_serialNumber=2

seanjnl1
06-11-2008, 09:58 PM
Sounds awesome Greg!

One of our SDAC-Chicago members, Jim Rieser (87dodgeman) is planning to have his sweet ~45k mile '89 Lebaron GTS there :thumb:

Music to my ears! That is a tough model to find.

Directconnection
06-11-2008, 10:13 PM
JT... I don't think that is an '89. The '89 GTC is a T-II car... very rare... and has the 16" lace wheels. The "TURBO" badge on the fender is similar to the '87 and under T-I draw through inductions.

cordes
06-11-2008, 11:26 PM
The 84' GLH will be a tall order, but I would love to see one. :thumb:

DC Turismo
06-11-2008, 11:35 PM
My good friend Gary Lavengood is contemplating bringing out his Survivor 86 Silver w/blue stripe Shelby Charger (of which they only made 37x of that year!) so I will tell him he must bring it out now!

Turbodave
06-11-2008, 11:50 PM
JT... I don't think that is an '89. The '89 GTC is a T-II car... very rare... and has the 16" lace wheels. The "TURBO" badge on the fender is similar to the '87 and under T-I draw through inductions.

89 Was a goofy year for the Lebarons. The old 4dr K-car sedan was gone so the "GTS" name was dropped on the Lancer twin. That was expect for an 89 only optional GTS package that added 15" lace wheels, monochrome paint job and a standard TII/555 drivetrain, or if you wanted to opt for an automatic it came as a 2.5 TI/Auto. I don't know the production data, but those models are very rare.

The car JT posted is an 89 and it is simply an 89 Lebaron Sedan with the turbo package. It's a very nice example of the breed either way.

People often get confused because 85-88 H Body Lebarons were all considered GTS's regardless of trim level.

BadAssPerformance
06-12-2008, 01:05 AM
People often get confused because 85-88 H Body Lebarons were all considered GTS's regardless of trim level.

Doh! I knew it was an '89... and a 5-door...

briceturbosports
06-12-2008, 08:32 AM
also the 89 did not have the hood grill

ATaylorRacing
06-12-2008, 09:37 AM
Hey all, I am currently ....... I am hoping you all can help me out. I will probably be photographing everything with a steering wheel there, but there are a few models in particular that I am especially hoping will be at the car show on Sunday:

1984 Omni GLH

If you happen to own one of these cars, and are on the fence about whether to bring it to the show, I am hoping that the chance to have it appear in a published book may help swing your opinion over to my side. All I ask is that the car be presentable (i.e. rust issues) and be as stock looking as possible: factory wheels, seats, hood, radios, etc. You know what I mean.

Even if your car is not on the above list that does not mean that I do not want to photograph it. So polish your ride up, and bring it on down. It may just get photographed for posterity.

Thanks a bunch
Greg McCausey

I will be drag racing at Indy on Sunday, but will be at SDAC Monday afternoon and Tuesday for the drags.....My car is definately NOT stock looking by far....but very rare. It is a 1 of 84 Plymouth Horzon that was ordered from the factory with the GLH drive train. It was plain jane silver with no black out trim, no special interior, no spoilers, and itty bitty 13" rims. It ran 16.2s bone stock and then with a exhaut dump it went down into the 15.7 range. Now it is gutted and repainted and has a lowly stock 2.5 and automatic tranny. This car was also ordered from the factory with NO RADIO and A/C delete, I was told this might have been the only Horizon built with those 3 oddities. This car also has won most of my 34 NHRA and IHRA championships. It ain't fast, ain't a show car, ain't comfortable, and ain't economic fuel wise. Just look for Matchbox!:eyebrows:

85shelbycharger
06-12-2008, 11:31 AM
Dang...my Charger isn't going to be done (at this rate..) until the end of July or August :mad: She's going to be a beaut though :eyebrows:

R/T
06-15-2008, 11:55 PM
Here ya go, my black 89 GTS TII/555 car from SDAC 14, One of 286 I think it is....

Also has the power sunroof, grey leather.

My daily driver, it has well over 200,000K on it, gets 29 MPG.

http://www.sdac.org/sdac_photo_pages/car_show_14/images/DSC01675b.jpg

Gaboon
06-17-2008, 05:51 PM
I'll have my 87 Shelby charger there. It's in show condtion.

BadAssPerformance
06-17-2008, 06:11 PM
I'll have my 87 Shelby charger there. It's in show condtion.

Nicer than the factory made it even :thumb:

Turbodave
06-17-2008, 06:20 PM
I will have my 1 of 300 89 Competition Package Shadow there as well, fresh red paint and a restored exterior. Some subtle modifications but still mostly stock appearing.