PDA

View Full Version : SDAC-18 Caravan - Chicago and anybody West?

BadAssPerformance
06-10-2008, 01:28 PM
SDAC-Chicago is planning to roll out Saturday 6/21 morning (Time TBD) Anyone coming to SDAC-18 from the west (or N or S) of us is welcome to join our caravan. Details to come, post up if you want to try to meet up :thumb:

2.216VTurbo
06-10-2008, 01:31 PM
I'll be flying like last year but just to clarify JT, can strait members join your little Pride Parade too:p?

Turbodave
06-10-2008, 01:40 PM
I'm in, not sure where we want to meet up at, but all the expressways by me are a mess. Maybe meet at the Plaza on 294? Where we met up with the Wisconsin guys last year?

BadAssPerformance
06-10-2008, 01:47 PM
I'll be flying like last year but just to clarify JT, can strait members join your little Pride Parade too:p?

LOL, only straight guys... no parade here. All girls welcome tho, straight, bi, etc :D

OnLooker
06-10-2008, 02:21 PM
I'll join ya, wagon is runing really well. Just need to get an I-pass so I can keep up with you guys.

Turbodave
06-10-2008, 02:34 PM
I'll join ya, wagon is runing really well. Just need to get an I-pass so I can keep up with you guys.

I-pass does save time, plus the tolls are only 1/2 of the cash price that way. Either way we'll wait for ya ;).

Also, we always run CB's for the trip, it's the easiest way to communicate with multiple vehicles, so if you've got access to one it's handy to have along.

dodgeman87
06-10-2008, 09:28 PM
Yeah,
Let's meet up at the Hinsdale Oasis again!
Same place every year for the caravan

Jim

bfarroo
06-10-2008, 09:43 PM
I'll probably be heading down to at least Milwaukee again on Friday this year so where ever we decide I'll be there.

OnLooker
06-10-2008, 10:18 PM
I have some walkie talkies but no cb.

glht_omni
06-16-2008, 03:38 PM
hey if any of you guys are stopping or passing by jacksons place, would you want to grab a hood and grille from jackson for me to give to turbodave? i would throw you some gas money or by a lunch as a thank you.

dave has offered to transport it to sdac but jackson has been really busy and it would be a 4 hour round trip for him just to drop it off.

Turbodave
06-16-2008, 04:00 PM
Jackson is out west of Beloit, don't think too many people will be coming by there. I'd go get the parts from him, but I need every minute I can get this week to put the Shadow together.

glht_omni
06-16-2008, 07:01 PM
i appreciate everything you have offered already dave, i wouldnt want anybody to go out of there way for it, worse case scenario is i go to sdac with a white hood and chrome grille and meet up with jackson at carslisle.

definetly get the shadow done dave, when i seen it 2 years ago it was in very nice original condition, i cant wait to see it now with your time and care into it, along with the glht!

BadAssPerformance
06-16-2008, 07:04 PM
White hood? They make satin black for those :D

http://www.badassperformance.com/mrides/dakota/dakota-rt2.jpg

glht_omni
06-16-2008, 07:24 PM
i am really hoping for the hood for the sdac car show, my car is rust free and shines with the original paint, so i may be able to place pretty good in the spirit r/t class. i may either paint it flat black, red or grey metallic like my VC's or just going without the hood at all.
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d10/jkp9900/finishedrt006.jpg
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d10/jkp9900/finishedrt005.jpg

Turbodave
06-16-2008, 10:44 PM
i appreciate everything you have offered already dave, i wouldnt want anybody to go out of there way for it, worse case scenario is i go to sdac with a white hood and chrome grille and meet up with jackson at carslisle.

definetly get the shadow done dave, when i seen it 2 years ago it was in very nice original condition, i cant wait to see it now with your time and care into it, along with the glht!

Josh, I'm gonna give Jackson a call and see if we can figure something out for you, I may have a plan that will work out for everyone;)

Also, anyone else in the Caravan from Chicago, I've got an extra handheld CB that I fixed tonight so I can let someone borrow that for the trip.

fleckster
06-16-2008, 11:21 PM
When do you guys think you will be passing by I-69 on I-94? Depending on when we leave we could run into you guys and join the caravan heading east.

BadAssPerformance
06-17-2008, 01:56 AM
Also, anyone else in the Caravan from Chicago, I've got an extra handheld CB that I fixed tonight so I can let someone borrow that for the trip.

Jim was asking about CB's at the meeting...

BadAssPerformance
06-17-2008, 01:58 AM
When do you guys think you will be passing by I-69 on I-94? Depending on when we leave we could run into you guys and join the caravan heading east.

Plan is to meet/leave the Hindsdale oasis at 9am... lose an hour crossing into MI plus ~3.5 to get to that interchange, maybe 1:30ish? I can call you from the road when we know better?

fleckster
06-17-2008, 04:24 AM
That's probably our best bet. I still got your number in my phone so I can call you too when we get close.

Turbodave
06-17-2008, 06:31 PM
That's probably our best bet. I still got your number in my phone so I can call you too when we get close.

And I still have your number so I will call you and make your call waiting beep while your talking to JT :thumb:

OnLooker
06-18-2008, 11:40 AM
Anyone have an address for the hinsdale oasis? I need to figure out how long it will take to get there from the beloit area. I tryed mapquest but it wouldn't find it with the address they had on there.

Turbodave
06-18-2008, 11:52 AM
Anyone have an address for the hinsdale oasis? I need to figure out how long it will take to get there from the beloit area. I tryed mapquest but it wouldn't find it with the address they had on there.

Couldn't find an address, but here are the directions from Google: http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=hinsdale%20oasis%2C%20il%20&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

If that link doesn't work, try searching google maps for hinsdale oasis, IL. It will give you directions to the service road, but the mileages and times should be pretty close, just ignore the last steps of the instructions where it tells you to get off the highway.