PDA

View Full Version : 16v Hybrid cam gears

Directconnection
03-08-2006, 08:07 PM
Here's a pic of the last set of 16v Hybrid cam gears I made a couple months ago (Ranger Dale). As of now, I won't be able to make any more... but hopefully just for the time being.:)

turbovanmanČ
03-08-2006, 09:36 PM
Very nice Steve, very nice, :thumb:

ranger1225
03-08-2006, 09:53 PM
I am sorry I have not posted pics Steve, fellas if you want to do this converions buy Steve's gears. This brotha has gotz mad skillz. I showed some guys around where I live that do this type of thing for a living and they could not belive his work, it is amazing :thumb: By the sounds of it I got the last set :D . No I will not sell them :ballchain: Thanks Steve for your hard work!!

shelbyplaya
03-08-2006, 10:25 PM
how much if you make more sets?

Garret
03-09-2006, 01:36 AM
Don't you make the FWDP Gears? or at least the original design?

Directconnection
03-09-2006, 11:10 AM
Don't you make the FWDP Gears? or at least the original design?

I made the original design and wouldn't calssify it as "at least" ;) I did have valuable input from Brian Slowe and Cliff Ramsdell along with my so called engineering. :eyebrows:

Directconnection
03-09-2006, 11:13 AM
how much if you make more sets?

As of right now.. it won't be possible as my new place of employment doesn't have a cnc mill or rotary table to do the radial slots. But... I may look into having them made to my specs in the coming months.

Directconnection
03-09-2006, 01:32 PM
Here's a thread (and pic) to some very special T-III units I just finished making last week:
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?p=25670#post25670

dodge80_89
03-09-2006, 03:37 PM
If you were to make them again, what is the price range on them?? They look real nice.

Directconnection
03-09-2006, 03:45 PM
If I make a run of these again, they'd be in the ballpark of $99 to $115 each.

WickedShelby88
03-19-2006, 11:24 AM
Thats a good price. Are you using roung tooth gears and maching them to fit the new center section or is it all fresh billet. Im just asking because if so I would think you would need cores right?

Directconnection
03-23-2006, 08:03 PM
Thats a good price. Are you using roung tooth gears and maching them to fit the new center section or is it all fresh billet. Im just asking because if so I would think you would need cores right?

Hi. I was using the stock gear for the outer...yes. I also bore the ID and face the ID so they run perfectly concentric(meaning... true) to the gear profile (the OD). As produced from the factory, the ID and face are not concentric and square. If I make them in the future, I would not need cores as I have a friend with a salvage yard that I molest the cars for their cam gears. Was looking into complete billet outer gear as well in the future.

TurboGLH
03-29-2006, 11:43 PM
Hi. I was using the stock gear for the outer...yes. I also bore the ID and face the ID so they run perfectly concentric(meaning... true) to the gear profile (the OD). As produced from the factory, the ID and face are not concentric and square. If I make them in the future, I would not need cores as I have a friend with a salvage yard that I molest the cars for their cam gears. Was looking into complete billet outer gear as well in the future.

If you ever start making gears with billet outers, would you consider making sets for the 2.0/2.4 crowd?

I'm looking for a set of good adjustable gears right now and they run $300+, unless you buy from fidanza and their gears seem to have issues with stripping out the threads for the adjusting screws.

I'd rather give the money to a TD guy then some other company and you would probably make a killing with a reliable, well built set of gears at the $200 price range. People are falling over themselves to pay $150 for a USED set of three bolt AEM 2.0 gears and then buy $60 spacers to use them on a 2.4 because they're reliable.

Just something to chew on.