PDA

View Full Version : Quick SLH3 question

quantum
06-10-2008, 10:53 AM
I found the Edelmann fittings for the D150 upgrade, but I don't know how many of each I need (yes I know noob question). Anyone know off the top of their head?

cordes
06-10-2008, 12:46 PM
Why not just use a MC out of an 89' caravan? It has the same bore dia. as the D150 cyl. if I am not mistaken. Regardless, it is the same size as the MC that came on the R/Ts which had the 11" brakes all the way around.

I have minivan brakes on the front, and R/T brakes on the rear of my omni and I use a minivan MC which doesn't require the use of different fittings.

quantum
06-10-2008, 01:10 PM
Why not just use a MC out of an 89' caravan? It has the same bore dia. as the D150 cyl. if I am not mistaken. Regardless, it is the same size as the MC that came on the R/Ts which had the 11" brakes all the way around.

I have minivan brakes on the front, and R/T brakes on the rear of my omni and I use a minivan MC which doesn't require the use of different fittings.

I was just going by what Dempsey's site said. The Caravan one is 24mm and the D150 is ~28. The car currently has the 24 on it and doesn't feel that hard when it brakes. The pedal feels solid and it stops, but not any faster than my wifes stratus.

quantum
06-10-2008, 02:09 PM
Considering the car does currently have a 24mm on it (minivan fronts, daytona vented rears), can anyone think of a reason why they just don't grab that hard? The car pulls ~18 inches vac, and the pedal doesn't feel soft. It just feels like they don't grab hard. I'll look around for a vac leak maybe, hopefully I don't need a new booster, that looks like a pain to get to.

gvare001
06-10-2008, 03:13 PM
Maybe they need to be bled, I should have done it, I was just to busy with other aspects of the car. You can start with the bleed and see how it feels, then go to the larger MC if it's still not like it should.

inmyshadow
06-10-2008, 03:53 PM
For starters, why do you have bigger rotors in the rear compared to the front.

The car's braking balance might feel off because of that.

Considering the car does currently have a 24mm on it (minivan fronts, daytona vented rears), can anyone think of a reason why they just don't grab that hard? The car pulls ~18 inches vac, and the pedal doesn't feel soft. It just feels like they don't grab hard. I'll look around for a vac leak maybe, hopefully I don't need a new booster, that looks like a pain to get to.

cordes
06-10-2008, 04:56 PM
+1 for the rebleed. I have plenty of grip with the caravan MC. Going larger will make the pedal feel harder, but I can't see wanting to stop faster than I currently can.

quantum
06-10-2008, 06:02 PM
+1 for the rebleed. I have plenty of grip with the caravan MC. Going larger will make the pedal feel harder, but I can't see wanting to stop faster than I currently can.

Hmmm...I'll try a rebleed then before I do anything else. Maybe there is just enough to not bite hard yet not feel mushy. I'll post back when I've had the chance to do that and test.