PDA

View Full Version : Dist. block off

WickedShelby88
06-10-2008, 10:45 AM
Okay so I know I'm going to want to run a dizzy adapter on my future hybrid engine but what are you guys using for a dist. block off. Does the shaft move up and down enough to where you couldn't just machine a piece and cap it off or do you need to modify a dist. base to sit as flush as possible as not to interfere with other things like a intake thats kinda close to the block? Just curious as I've not really messed with that on the TD's a whole lot, but I know on the GM V6's they use something similar to the shaft but I believe thats because the oil pumps on those are cam driven versus the 2.2/2.5 running off the intermediate shaft.

rbryant
06-10-2008, 12:53 PM
I can probably have a 3/8" aluminum blockoff plate cut to go with the distributor adapter if you are interested.

It could either use a simple home made gasket or have an oring groove cut in it. The stock distributor clamp bolt hole should hold it and seal it I would think.

-Rich

turbovanmanČ
06-10-2008, 01:07 PM
Just use a frost plug, ;) or do as someone else did, remove the shaft out of the dizzy and use it for a breather. I personally will be keeping mine so the factory tach and other stuff still works, :thumb:

WickedShelby88
06-10-2008, 02:24 PM
I was thinking I would just modify the wiring accordingly right at the dizzy type think, but if a block off will do I can manage something on the manual lathe at work I think.