PDA

View Full Version : WNY crew &Frank-We need a plan

slasky
06-09-2008, 03:25 PM
what time are we leaving next Friday?who is going? who is staying in the wny hotel room? Who needs a ride? Why is Frank a gazer?
so far I know:
Bucar is riding out with me
sean is driving
we are driving around the great land of Labbatts blue
Frank loves men

That is all.

88_pacifica
06-09-2008, 03:30 PM
Why is Frank a gazer?
so far I know:

Frank loves men

That is all.

how did you come to this conclusion?? :lol:

Turbodave
06-09-2008, 03:36 PM

I assume through a scientific method involving lots of A-B-A testing.

88_pacifica
06-09-2008, 03:40 PM
I assume through a scientific method involving lots of A-B-A testing.

My thoughts precisely

slasky
06-09-2008, 04:36 PM

i heard it from bucar. who has first hand experience.

Frank
06-09-2008, 05:14 PM
You are the meat gazers... not me!

I will be there sometime Friday afternoon/night. I am staying thru Wednesday morning. After the Viper tour, Brian and myself are heading to Chicago to see a concert.

When are you all leaving to head back? Thursday morning?

Frank

bradp
06-09-2008, 05:37 PM
Slasky just riding high since his car was in hemmings Muscle Machines.

slasky
06-09-2008, 05:59 PM
I will be there sometime Friday afternoon/night. I am staying thru Wednesday morning. After the Viper tour, Brian and myself are heading to Chicago to see a concert.

Frank

I think sean and I are leaving on Wednesday. Are you staying in the room with us?

Frank
06-09-2008, 06:19 PM
Yeppers...

slasky
06-09-2008, 07:32 PM
Ok so it is Frank, Bucar, sean and myself for the room so far. Does anyone know if mike, Gangle or anyone else is planning on coming??

BadAssPerformance
06-09-2008, 07:36 PM

Frank

You gazers caravaning back with us then?

Frank
06-09-2008, 07:46 PM
You gazers caravaning back with us then?

We might. We have a show at Park West there in Chicago. Doors open at 6:30, so we need to be in the city by 5pm at the latest. There will be a line for the general admission.

Are there public transportation options that we might want to consider? Never been in Chicago before.

slasky
06-09-2008, 08:24 PM
Are there public transportation options that we might want to consider? Never been in Chicago before.
If you want an exciting experience take a cab. They are crazy in Chicago.

88_pacifica
06-09-2008, 09:30 PM
If you want an exciting experience take a cab. They are crazy in Chicago.

Yeah, and the Achmed's in NYC are SO calm...:confused: :rolleyes:

iangoround
06-09-2008, 10:02 PM
Ok so it is Frank, Bucar, sean and myself for the room so far. Does anyone know if mike, Gangle or anyone else is planning on coming??

Not to thread hijack, but have any of you guys heard from Mike recently? I called him a while ago and left a message, he never got back to me. I've had his engine hoist sitting in my parents shed for about a month now.

Pat
06-09-2008, 10:09 PM

Frank

You driving up in the CSX?

cordes
06-09-2008, 11:13 PM
After the Viper tour, Brian and myself are heading to Chicago to see a concert.

Frank

I was wondering if you guys were going to hit up the New Kids on the Block concert or not. I knew you guys were big fans. ;)

BadAssPerformance
06-10-2008, 12:03 AM
We might. We have a show at Park West there in Chicago. Doors open at 6:30, so we need to be in the city by 5pm at the latest. There will be a line for the general admission.

6:30pm Wednesday? From the plant it will take you ~ 4 hours flat if you run 80mph in the 70mph in MI, 70-75 in the 65 of IN, 65 in thr 55 of IN a and 70 in the 55 of IL and if you arrive ~3pm. (traffic sucks from about 3:30pm-7pm) so you'd probably be ok if you are on the road at 1pm EST cuz you pick up an hour going to CST.

Where are you stayng? There are few places in the city I would park any of my '87 CSX's. Many public transportation options, cabs, the El, etc, but it really depends on where you're staying.

If undecided on where you are staying, since you'venever been here, I would probably find a hotel near The Park West that has a secure parking garage and get theer ahead of time, check in, pre party, then cab it to the show, or even walk if you find a place close enough. After the show, plent of places to party in Lincoln Park and then can it to the hotel.

If adventurous, you could stay near O'Hare and take the El in... would go in on the Blue Line then transfer to the Red Line somehow...

DC Turismo
06-10-2008, 12:18 AM
I wonder how many times 'GAZERS' is going to be applied to the front of your hotel door with masking tape???? :lol:

Turbodave
06-10-2008, 12:41 AM
I wonder how many times 'GAZERS' is going to be applied to the front of your hotel door with masking tape???? :lol:

Note to self...Pack the green masking tape...:evil:

DC Turismo
06-10-2008, 12:59 AM
Note to self...Pack the green masking tape...:evil:

:lol: Oh geez.

Frank
06-10-2008, 04:55 AM
You driving up in the CSX?

Yep! :thumb:

I was wondering if you guys were going to hit up the New Kids on the Block concert or not. I knew you guys were big fans. ;)

Nope! Your the gazer, not me! Off to see Liquid Tension Experiment... 10 year anniversary tour.

6:30pm Wednesday? From the plant it will take you ~ 4 hours flat if you run 80mph in the 70mph in MI, 70-75 in the 65 of IN, 65 in thr 55 of IN a and 70 in the 55 of IL and if you arrive ~3pm. (traffic sucks from about 3:30pm-7pm) so you'd probably be ok if you are on the road at 1pm EST cuz you pick up an hour going to CST.

Where are you stayng? There are few places in the city I would park any of my '87 CSX's. Many public transportation options, cabs, the El, etc, but it really depends on where you're staying.

If undecided on where you are staying, since you'venever been here, I would probably find a hotel near The Park West that has a secure parking garage and get theer ahead of time, check in, pre party, then cab it to the show, or even walk if you find a place close enough. After the show, plent of places to party in Lincoln Park and then can it to the hotel.

If adventurous, you could stay near O'Hare and take the El in... would go in on the Blue Line then transfer to the Red Line somehow...

Awesome.

slasky
06-10-2008, 06:00 AM
Yeah, and the Achmed's in NYC are SO calm...:confused: :rolleyes:
I have been in both and NYC cabs are nothing compared to Chicago.

Pat
06-10-2008, 11:30 AM
Yep! :thumb:

Nope! Your the gazer, not me! Off to see Liquid Tension Experiment... 10 year anniversary tour.

Awesome.

Sweet! It will great to see that car do burnouts again! Uh, I mean to see it do burnouts, uh...not like I ever did burnouts in that car or anything like that.;) Just kidding!

I loved that car...maybe you can take me for a ride in it to see what it's like with the changes you've made.

Frank
06-10-2008, 12:46 PM
Sweet! It will great to see that car do burnouts again! Uh, I mean to see it do burnouts, uh...not like I ever did burnouts in that car or anything like that.;) Just kidding!

I loved that car...maybe you can take me for a ride in it to see what it's like with the changes you've made.

I will indeed! I haven't made much changes. I do need to get the think painted badly. All of the spray paint is flacking off.

She got on the hotside today near the end of my commute. I had the a/c cranked and it didn't do crap and I saw the temp gauge pushing 3/4. I gotta get that sorted out. This heat wave has got to end!

Frank

1FastCSX289
06-10-2008, 12:59 PM
Back to the questions at hand.......I say we leave as early as we can on Friday. Im gonna shoot to be out of work here at 12 or 1PM. Can we be on the road by 1 or 2 at the latest......that would put us there at 10PM......which is already wayyyy past my bedtime.

slasky
06-10-2008, 02:25 PM
Back to the questions at hand.......I say we leave as early as we can on Friday. Im gonna shoot to be out of work here at 12 or 1PM. Can we be on the road by 1 or 2 at the latest......that would put us there at 10PM......which is already wayyyy past my bedtime.

I had an exam to proctor in the afternoon but I had it switched to the morning. 1 may be doable. I am not sure when brian can get here or if Mike is going with us.

88_pacifica
06-10-2008, 03:47 PM
I had an exam to proctor in the afternoon but I had it switched to the morning. 1 may be doable. I am not sure when brian can get here or if Mike is going with us.

proctor= proctologist? I assume so since I see the words exam, switched, you are doable, locating Brian and Mike... :confused: :confused2: :yuck:

Scary stuff boys and girls...:lol: ;) :D

Pat
06-10-2008, 10:15 PM
I will indeed! I haven't made much changes. I do need to get the think painted badly. All of the spray paint is flacking off.

She got on the hotside today near the end of my commute. I had the a/c cranked and it didn't do crap and I saw the temp gauge pushing 3/4. I gotta get that sorted out. This heat wave has got to end!

Frank

Just spray it again!

I think you were just seeing the by product of 100 degree temps and unbelievable humidity. I replaced the HG, water pump, thermostat, coolant, etc. Other than the radiator, which I recall looked pretty good, the cooling system is all new. How many miles does she have now?

See you in Detroit!

Frank
06-10-2008, 10:43 PM
Just spray it again!

I think you were just seeing the by product of 100 degree temps and unbelievable humidity. I replaced the HG, water pump, thermostat, coolant, etc. Other than the radiator, which I recall looked pretty good, the cooling system is all new. How many miles does she have now?

See you in Detroit!

I plead the 5th on mileage... been using as a daily driver the past while... cost of gas... :( I have saved myself $2500 in gas already because of some trips I took with the car.

I found the problem. Sticky fan relay. New one will be in tomorrow. It wasn't kicking on everytime and sometimes would stay on after I shut off the ignition today. So the coolant and the a/c is actually good.

1FastCSX289
06-11-2008, 10:24 AM
Anyone want to pool some money together to buy hamburgs, dogs, etc? Or do we want to get some stuff when we get there? Or do we just want to bring our own food? I can bring a grill, but im not buying food .....especially for the giants that are staying in my room. Or we could eat out, but that might get a bit pricey for every meal.

Frank
06-11-2008, 10:42 AM
i say we just all bring what camping equipment we have like stoves and such. if we decide to cook, we just go to the store that day and buy with what we have pooled together. aka, play it by ear.

frank

1FastCSX289
06-11-2008, 10:47 AM
i say we just all bring what camping equipment we have like stoves and such. if we decide to cook, we just go to the store that day and buy with what we have pooled together. aka, play it by ear.

frank

Werd. Who needs planning right? We just do whatever the heck we want.

slasky
06-11-2008, 12:18 PM
get it when we are in Detroit.

Frank
06-18-2008, 08:16 AM
I don't have room for an ice chest this time around. I am bringing a coleman propane bottle and my coleman grill/stove thingie.

Brian,
Bring your scanner.

slasky
06-18-2008, 08:50 AM
I put in for a fridge in our room so sean can keep his fuzzy navels, tom collins, and other girl drinks cold.

cordes
06-18-2008, 09:18 AM
I put in for a fridge in our room so sean can keep his fuzzy navels, tom collins, and other girl drinks cold.

:lol:

contraption22
06-18-2008, 10:31 AM
I don't have room for an ice chest this time around. I am bringing a coleman propane bottle and my coleman grill/stove thingie.

Brian,
Bring your scanner.

You can get these really nifty colapsable coolers at Walmart and Target. I got a 50-can capacity unit with wheels for $19.95. and it folds up nearly flat to save space.

"Here's to you, Mr. Giant-Cooler-Cooler-Roller!"

1FastCSX289
06-18-2008, 05:45 PM
Im gonna bring a decent size cooler. I will probably have a couple bottles of Malibu Rum, a couple 2 liters of Coke Zero and a gallon of milk in there......whatever open space there is, youre welcome to it.

Ill probably transfer some of it over to the fridge if we get one.

Slasky......dont forget the air mattress or you'll be cuddling with Bucar!

cordes
06-18-2008, 10:43 PM
Slasky......dont forget the air mattress or you'll be cuddling with Bucar!

Don't tempt him.

slasky
06-18-2008, 10:48 PM
Don't tempt him.
Frank already called dibs on sleeping with Bucar. Besides I get the other bed to myself since sean is getting the air mattress.

For the record, Frank and Brian are the only gazers in our room. It is not up to us to judge their lifestyle.