PDA

View Full Version : CEL not working

cordes
06-08-2008, 02:40 PM
My CEL won't function and I have traced the problem back to the LM. The car seems to run like it should, but the CEL which should be pin 4 on the red connector doesn't put out any voltage.

Any thoughts?

cordes
06-08-2008, 02:59 PM
I just tried a different (and much better looking) LM, but with the same results. I had noticed a couple week ago that upon putting a certain version of the TLM code into my car the CEL was working properly. Could this be a cal related issue?

cordes
06-11-2008, 05:07 PM
Any ideas on this guys? I would really like to have the CEL on knock feature working.

MopàrBCN
06-11-2008, 06:47 PM
Hi,
the way I understood you is that your car starts and all of this, correct?
So, if your LM would be bad not triggering the CEL your car won't start in my opinion (and experience).
This leads me to a maybe stupid question, but could it be that the light it self is gone?

cordes
06-11-2008, 08:44 PM
Hi,
the way I understood you is that your car starts and all of this, correct?
So, if your LM would be bad not triggering the CEL your car won't start in my opinion (and experience).
This leads me to a maybe stupid question, but could it be that the light it self is gone?

You are correct that the car starts and runs as it should.

I don't get voltage at the LM, or the connector to the instrument cluster. When I actually get power to the cluster it lights up.

JDAWG
06-11-2008, 10:38 PM
mine doesnt work either

Clay
06-11-2008, 10:45 PM
does the CEL light up when you first start the car? what about when you check codes? or is the only thing not working the flash for knock?

cordes
06-11-2008, 11:05 PM
does the CEL light up when you first start the car? what about when you check codes? or is the only thing not working the flash for knock?

Negatory on the first two. I don't think I should be getting any knock because I haven't really had the boost much into the positive these days, and I think that will be my last way to verify if it is working.