PDA

View Full Version : 91 lebaron convertale with daytona nose?

MasterJacko96
06-08-2008, 01:58 AM
i might pick up a 91 lebaron convertable cheap and i always wanted to make a one look like a daytona. i want to put a 89+ ES or shelby nose on it, i have a 89 es hood already, then make the ground effects fit even if i gotta extend them with fiberglass or whatever. then use the rear ground effect off a es daytona and mold it to the lebaron bumper and try and make some daytona tailights fit otherwise niteshaded the entire lebaron tailight in the back :eyebrows: how hard would the front end portion be to do?

Tony Hanna
06-08-2008, 02:21 AM
I'm guessing it would be a pretty big project. I saw one on ebay a few year back with a Daytona nose on it and it looked sharp though.

Captain Chaos
06-08-2008, 09:51 AM
Theres a couple civic hatchbacks in town with integra noses on them. I guess anythings possible with enough time and will.

JDAWG
06-08-2008, 10:28 AM
Theres a couple civic hatchbacks in town with integra noses on them. I guess anythings possible with enough time and will.

that swap is bolt on for them. If it was something tha required skills do you think they would do it?

I say give it a whirl.

Reaper1
06-08-2008, 11:02 AM
The hood from an '89 will not directly bolt on and work with a '91 car. The hood latches are in different places. As a matter of fact '89,90,91 are all unique with that little thing.

The body lines are pretty close on the fenders, so you can probably make that work, but a Daytona dives under the car on the lower third. So either reshaping the fender, or doing some sheetmetal grafting will be needed. The nose itself *should* bolt on IIRC.

As far as the taillights...I've only ever seen it done once. The guy also have made the Daytona wrap-around wing work too. I never did get a definate answer on how he did it, just a lot of time and work. It did look nice when it was done though!