PDA

View Full Version : T-Top windsheild and Solid top windsheild the same?

shelbyplaya
06-07-2008, 09:46 PM
The front windsheild in my 87 daytona shelby z (with t-tops) has a cuple cracks in it. I cant find a new t-top windsheild anywhere! I have conflictiong reports about the 2 windsheilds being differnt or not.

Anyone have any insight in this?

Anonymous_User
06-07-2008, 09:50 PM
I've never looked real close, but I can't imagine any reason to change the windshield when the t-top conversion was done.

iangoround
06-08-2008, 12:34 AM
They're the same thing, fo' sho'.

If you're taking it to a shop to have the glass replaced, I suggest you spend some time before hand getting all the trim around the windshield off yourself very gently. Its all riveted on and most glass shops will just break it off and tell you to go find replacements.

shelbyplaya
06-08-2008, 09:23 PM
I've been told that the t-top windsheild's are a bit smaller then the standard windsheilds.

iangoround
06-08-2008, 10:35 PM
I've been told that the t-top windsheild's are a bit smaller then the standard windsheilds.

All T Top cars started life as solid roof cars and were later modified by Cars and Concepts. They cut holes in the roof, cut off the doors level with the window scraper (essentially) and welding the cut off pieces to the car. Shucks, on my old 88 Shelby Z, they even kept the weatherstripping between the hacked off door frame and the door jam, and just added more weatherstripping on the outside to seal the glass against!

They did not, however, change the shape of the A pillars or the size of the windshield.

Most glass shops I've talked to have Daytona glass in stock. I got a quote not too long ago to do my Laser at about $200 installed. Ran Sands glass Rochester, for those who are wondering.

spoolinhard
06-17-2008, 02:04 PM
unfortunately you will also need new seals, they were glued in place in mine. The only way to get them off was to destroy them. and yes, I put in a windshield from a non t top car into my t top car.

j4278h
06-17-2008, 03:06 PM
And make sure you take all the trim off before a shop tries to put the windshield in otherwise they will destroy your trim and make you bend over and take it.