PDA

View Full Version : Its poll time, who want's a USER CP button in the top bar?

turbovanmanČ
03-08-2006, 02:06 PM
I am tired of double clicking to get to my posts. My request falls on deaf ears so maybe if enough people vote yes, we can have one. :amen:

GLHSKEN
03-08-2006, 02:17 PM
Bottom line, you will STILL have 2 clicks. Profile does not automatically give you your posts.

quick links has 2 options for viewing your posts.

It's that simple

turbovanmanČ
03-08-2006, 02:54 PM
Bottom line, you will STILL have 2 clicks. Profile does not automatically give you your posts.

quick links has 2 options for viewing your posts.

It's that simple

I am on 5 other forums, all have the user cp button in the nav bar, its one click. Here its click on Quick links then click on user cp, or PM's then user cp, a royal PITA, :(

GLHSKEN
03-08-2006, 03:10 PM
You said you wanted to view YOUR posts. You do NOT need to go to the User CP for that.... It is under quick links.

Clay
03-08-2006, 03:48 PM
just wont let it die will ya? ;)

Frank
03-08-2006, 04:48 PM
He likes the UserCP link because subscribed threads and subscribed forums don't show unless you are in the CP...

Frank

cordes
03-08-2006, 06:52 PM
It would be a little more convenient.

BadAssPerformance
03-09-2006, 02:36 PM
I never use User CP

Lugert
03-10-2006, 01:41 AM
Most all other forums online have the UserCP on the main line.

The only people to say NO are the staff.

I say give the people what they want. Isn't that what it is all about?

oldgregg
03-10-2006, 01:47 AM
I'd like to see the New Posts button up there myself.

Like everyone who is running a VB board has it up there but, well, you know.

BIG PSI
03-10-2006, 08:35 AM
Me TOOOOOOOOOOOOO.....

Chuck

Frank
03-10-2006, 08:44 AM
Most all other forums online have the UserCP on the main line.

The only people to say NO are the staff.

We arent other forums...

I say give the people what they want. Isn't that what it is all about?

Who says we arent going to give them what we want. We designed this forum, so we do know what it is all about. More to follow....

Frank
03-10-2006, 08:52 AM
Here are the new options.... please see attached. The reason why we do not add UserCP and New Posts is because we have some new features coming that will take their place on the Menu Bar which would rightfully kick those two items off the menu. So we do not add these because they can be access easily enough. In addition since people form habits easily enough, I planned for the future. Not to mention the fact that it is two clicks!

However not any more. It is a great compremise as was the new posts Please see attached. :thumb: We are not other boards. We are better... of course that is a matter of opinion. :D

Frank

Frank
03-10-2006, 09:39 AM
You may need to switch to another style and back again to force the browser to recache. Or try Cntl-F5

Frank

Lugert
03-10-2006, 10:18 AM
The ability of clicking on the "Welcome User" is a great addition.
Good job!

GLHS592
03-10-2006, 10:55 AM
I think the bar at the top and its drop down menus are better than any forum I visit.

oldgregg
03-11-2006, 12:12 AM
Here are the new options.... please see attached. The reason why we do not add UserCP and New Posts is because we have some new features coming that will take their place on the Menu Bar which would rightfully kick those two items off the menu. So we do not add these because they can be access easily enough. In addition since people form habits easily enough, I planned for the future. Not to mention the fact that it is two clicks!

However not any more. It is a great compremise as was the new posts Please see attached. :thumb: We are not other boards. We are better... of course that is a matter of opinion. :D

FrankHiding them in plain sight eh! :p

TopDollar69
03-12-2006, 05:38 PM
Since the first thing I check is my user CP when I come to the site, I just made my quick link in internet explorer take take me right to it. I find its alot easier for me, but everyone is different.

turbovanmanČ
03-12-2006, 08:26 PM
Awesome job Frank, It wasn't so much the name of User Cp, just the fact that one click to get to my posts. That works just right, :amen:

Once again, another kudo's to TM.