PDA

View Full Version : G-Head Valve Question

1quik4
12-22-2005, 08:01 PM
Why do the exhaust valves have to be changed on a G-Head???? Do they melt under pressure. Will the stock NA valves work under lower boost. Thanks.

bobr19
12-22-2005, 08:13 PM
Combustion temps are much higher in a turbo--will melt:mad: or crack std. valves--I wouldn't use them in any turbo application--some people say they have for short periods--usually ends in burnt :yuck: valves and maybe ruint head or pistons bobr19

89acclaim
12-26-2005, 04:17 PM
There are turbo G-heads, a word of warning the valves between the swirl and g-head don't mix. The g-head valves are shorter.

Daniel Merrill

GLHSKEN
12-26-2005, 04:36 PM
Turbo head "G" valves are fine and do not have to be changed.

87 charger
12-28-2005, 09:03 AM
There are turbo G-heads, a word of warning the valves between the swirl and g-head don't mix. The g-head valves are shorter.

Daniel Merrill

How do you ID a G head ?
And what years were they made ?
I want one real bad and I might scrap the dohc neon head that I got.

BadAssPerformance
12-28-2005, 10:51 AM
Well even a badass ported G-head wont outflow the stock 16V head... but I dig the 8 valvers.

The easiest way to ID a G-head is by looking at the combustion chambers which are an oval 'bathtub' shape as opposed to the hearts shaped cc on a swirl head.

Also, for all practical purposes, unless you are trying to get as much flow as possible, the swirl heads can be ported almost as much as a G-head.