PDA

View Full Version : Koni information needed

87glhs
06-06-2008, 01:34 AM
I need clarification on this--the Koni shocks/struts on the 87 GLHS Chargers from Whittier supposedly came with a "lifetime" warranty for the original owner of the vehicle.

Can anyone confirm this as true, and does anyone have this in writing in the form of a brochure or warranty booklet?

Folks at Koni claim there was never any warranty on the product--

Anonymous_User
06-06-2008, 01:37 AM
Good information in this thread:

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9491&highlight=koni+warranty

Basically, good luck. :(

87glhs
06-06-2008, 08:22 AM
I checked out the thread (above)--thanks.

Yeah, they're giving us the same run around--my wife, original owner, swears there was something in one of the brochures that came with hers about the lifetime warranty--we'll keep looking.

cordes
06-06-2008, 09:41 AM
Your wife is the original owner? You are a lucky man. :thumb:

Clay
06-06-2008, 10:09 AM
I know Ive seen a Koni warrenty book that came with some of the GLHS cars. In fact the GLHS I parted out at the junk yard a few weeks ago still had the Koni warrenty gook with it. Problem is it sat in the car unprotected from the elements and was basically just a pile of goo once you actually touched it.

87glhs
06-08-2008, 01:05 PM
I believe we have that one, but it's just an instruction booklet on how to adjust the ride.

Jim Falco
06-19-2008, 08:17 PM
I need clarification on this--the Koni shocks/struts on the 87 GLHS Chargers from Whittier supposedly came with a "lifetime" warranty for the original owner of the vehicle.

Can anyone confirm this as true, and does anyone have this in writing in the form of a brochure or warranty booklet?

Folks at Koni claim there was never any warranty on the product--

What happened with the Koni OEM equipped GLHS is that the warranty was provided by Shelby Automobiles and that was 2 years.

Koni's lifetime warranty is for shocks/struts purchased through authorized Koni re-sellers.