PDA

View Full Version : Chances of Carroll Shelby ever attending one of our events?

DC Turismo
06-04-2008, 01:20 PM
Any chance that Carroll Shelby will ever make it out to one of our national conventions, especially after the formation of Team Shelby? I'm just curious as I'd love to meet him in person and watch him look over our types of cars once again, maybe even speak to us for an hour about some history about the creation of them and such.

cordes
06-04-2008, 01:22 PM
I am sure that you would be much better off to try and see him, but it would be nice if he were ever to attend an SDAC again.

bradp
06-04-2008, 01:22 PM
He was at the last SDAC I went to in Detroit..Barry has all the info why he showed up & in a Mercedes to boot. I highly doubt he'll stoop to our level again, there's no money in it for him...

BadAssPerformance
06-04-2008, 01:25 PM
Not just about 'money' his health isn't the greatest for travel. Seeing him at his 85th b-day showed that.

sdac guy
06-04-2008, 02:15 PM
Any chance that Carroll Shelby will ever make it out to one of our national conventions, especially after the formation of Team Shelby? I'm just curious as I'd love to meet him in person and watch him look over our types of cars once again, maybe even speak to us for an hour about some history about the creation of them and such.Robert & Sharon who run Team Shelby are local to us, and they will be there, not sure which days. Amy Boylan, President of Shelby Automobiles, has said she plans to attend.

It was a complete surprise to all of us that Carroll came to SDAC-7 nobody had any advance notice he was coming. It would be a nice surprise if he were to show again. :D

Barry

contraption22
06-04-2008, 02:33 PM
Who's Carroll Shelby?

slasky
06-04-2008, 02:36 PM
Who's Carroll Shelby?
He is the guy that makes the chili mix.

cordes
06-04-2008, 03:12 PM
He is the guy that makes the chili mix.

I was This close <--> to spitting water all over my monitor when I read that. :thumb:

Russ Jerome
06-04-2008, 05:53 PM
July 2008 (on stands now) Road and track interveiw with Carroll:

"You remember that Shelby GLH we did at Chrysler?"
I still have one in my garage and it puts out tons of power.
I love to take it out every now and again and embarrass
high HP boys.

Interveiw was done recently, his words above in the
text, he certainly has not forgot about his Iacocca yrs.

BadAssPerformance
06-04-2008, 07:04 PM
Sweeeeet :thumb:

ATaylorRacing
06-04-2008, 09:43 PM
He was at the last SDAC I went to in Detroit..Barry has all the info why he showed up & in a Mercedes to boot. I highly doubt he'll stoop to our level again, there's no money in it for him...

That was great....at SDAC 7 I had him autograph the dash of my Plymouth Duster.....I asked him how many Dusters he had autographed and he said that mine was the first ever! Sold that 3.0 V6 to my wifes uncle.....gutted out, signature still in place, and still running 15.0s (14.9s with my much lighter son in it). Loved that car, but $$$ talks.:hail: Hail to the all mighty $.