PDA

View Full Version : Power window help

SoCalCSX
06-03-2008, 10:12 AM
OK....

Car-85 Lebaron GTS w/ power everything

Driver's side front-seems to be the only one that works right

Passenger's side front-regulator seems ok but the window is completely off the track and the plastic "guide" in the b-pillar side is broken off so I have to force the window into place when rollibng it up. Because the guide is broken there is a gap on the top corner where the plastic is to wide to fit back in the window slot. Looks like I might be able to get a new window and make it work....

Rear windows-both rolled down fine initially but won't roll back up. When I try to roll them up they move about a half inch and I can't even help them up by pushing on them. Dead regulators maybe?

Let me know what you guys thing would be the best way to fix these. I haven't taken the door panels off yet to check things out but from looking at other H bodies in the junkyard it looks like the regulators are riveted in so if I could get away with not having to change those that would be awesome.

All I want is for my windows to roll up lol:amen::banghead:

martin kolner
06-03-2008, 01:51 PM
Check to see if the motors run. If they are OK then you need to see if the plastic toothed flex track on the regulator is broken. They can be bought from Chrysler or aftermarket sources and cut to fit. If you live in a dry,hot climate replace them all as they WILL break due to age. They are the weak link in the system as the motors last much longer than the flex track. Make sure all the moving parts are lubed with WHITE lithium grease. Dried out regulators and related parts may cause the motor to pull too hard stripping gears,etc.

SoCalCSX
06-03-2008, 02:08 PM
I'll be sure to check that this weekend. I don't think it's the regulators in the back now that I think about it because when I'm pushing the button I can hear it trying to work so your explanation of the gears stripping makes sense to me. Thanks for the advice:thumb:

overlordsshadow
06-03-2008, 02:12 PM
I've got front power windows parts from 87 Baron if you end up needing.

SoCalCSX
06-03-2008, 02:20 PM
I think on the front one that's messed up I might be able to get away with getting a new plastic guide thing that holds the window in the b pillar side of the door and setting it back on the track. I think that might be why it comes off the track because there is nothing telling the window where to go when the reg. starts pushing up on it. Thanks for the offer though, I'll keep it in mind should I end up needing parts.