PDA

View Full Version : got the motor in now...

Moparbishi
03-08-2006, 03:04 AM
wel after rebuilding the lower end i dropped the motor back in. i put on a gerret t2 and ss lines and stuff. On the way to break it in the turbo let it self go and oil and smoke filled everywhere. i get it to my freinds house and i have code 13 for the map sensor and code 43 for ignition driver.

today we took the gerrett off and put back on the mitsu with out pulling the head . car boosts now but ruuns like ----. idles good but under acceleration it bucks real bad. code 43 and 13 are still there and when i give it gas it feels like it is misfireing real bad. the air fuel says lean. any sugeestions on where to go.

oh also i changed the map sensor, and i tried bypassing the baremetric selinoid and it made it run better. but still bad.

5sp. mini
03-08-2006, 10:33 PM
timing recheck also check for dist. drive gears ask frank he now. AL

Dave
03-09-2006, 08:47 AM
1st off, how'd you change turbos with the head on? I gotta know how! lol

Moving on, change your TPS. I had the same problem! The TPS and MAP sensor both give readings off each other, throttle position and air pressure both give an equation to the formula for the compute to relay the information.

PUNKSLIP
03-12-2006, 03:17 AM
Is it possible that all this meyhem took out your O2?

John

Moparbishi
03-12-2006, 04:42 AM
i changed the turbo by removing the pass side mount and throttle body, then lines and turbo. ot to hard realy.
to make the car work i replaced the map sensor like 2 times and all the vaccumm lines several o2 sensors and it still ran bad. what fixed it all was changing the cloogged oi filled cone filter. boosts great now.

Wink
03-12-2006, 08:07 AM
now that's an odd one!!!

GLHNSLHT2
03-12-2006, 05:56 PM
still have the codes??

Moparbishi
03-16-2006, 02:07 AM
nope just the normal codes i always have. car is running better then ever now and i am going to the track on friday. hope to have the gerrett rebuilt soon so i can trow it on. the power steering line blew up though so i am driving with out it :(