PDA

View Full Version : wb02 install quick question

1966 dart wagon
05-31-2008, 08:41 PM
My zeitronix zt2 wideband arrived last night woohoo, while at work today i got an o2 bung for 3 bucks :clap: now to install it, i have 18in's of exhaust after the turbo to an open dp that was cut and is connected with a but-but band clamp now i might have it open at sometime so id like to have it tuned for that open dp but the zeitronix directions read to have it 16ins from the turbo. isnt this to close to the end of the dp and wont the regular air throw it off. now if i was to tune it with the exhaust all stock wouldn't i throw the tune way off once i 'uncap' the exhaust and make it open dp. Thoughts? I told myself i was going to start putting money into the cuda, well i guess i have body work to do on that. but i was thinking of picking up a 3in kit no cat and some muffler still looking for one.

what do you guys think should i just wait get a 3in exhaust and tune it then. cause id like to finally get my injectors in and everything, but if it will be more work then its worth i guess i'll wait :(

GLHS592
05-31-2008, 09:25 PM
With exhaust coming out of the pipe, I don't think any outside air will get into the pipe.

1966 dart wagon
05-31-2008, 09:53 PM
alright cause i was going to up it at 16 inches away from the sv, i wont have it permanently in there more then likely since i wont be driving around with a laptop all the time so im not too worry about getting it too close and overheating it and making it fail prematurely