PDA

View Full Version : ground hog day

shellboy
05-31-2008, 08:24 PM
i just ordered a set of black grounding wires from cindy. wheres the best places to attach them on my spirit r/t ??

Captain Chaos
05-31-2008, 08:35 PM
My set came with specific directions. I followed them and all of my electric gremlins vanished!

BadAssPerformance
05-31-2008, 10:55 PM
I thought that was in February? ;) Did they see her shadow? It would suck to have 6 more weeks of winter now!

I've never seen the kit before, but I would guess it would replace the stock grounding wires in the stock locations?

iTurbo
06-02-2008, 02:15 PM
The ground wire kit adds grounds while retaining the stock grounds. I haven't got one for my R/T (yet), but I do have that kit on my SL. Starting at the negative battery post, there is one from the battery post to the inner fender behind the battery, then another from the inner fender to the cylinder head, then cylinder head to alternator case, then from the fuel rail mounting bolt to the firewall.

shellboy
06-02-2008, 05:45 PM
sounds good to me. thanks for the info! will i have to get extra bolts or nuts to attach them?

iTurbo
06-02-2008, 06:54 PM
Shouldn't need any additional fasteners. The lugs on the ground kit just slip under the existing ground points for the most part. The ground connection on the alternator connects to an unused ground stud which you might need to a nut for.

shellboy
06-04-2008, 02:11 PM
nice!