PDA

View Full Version : Issue w/Oil Pressure

DC Turismo
03-08-2006, 01:43 AM
Hey everyone!

Well, my Daytona is now running pretty good since we've changed the underhood computer and installed a new 02 sensor; however, one problem continues to hinder this thing running superbly. For the longest time, whenever I come to a stop, or even begin to, the oil pressure gauge drops dramatically, and the 'Check Gauges' light comes on (not flashing, but steadily stays lit). Since changing the 02 sensor today, there are no codes other than a Code 12 (recently disconnected battery, which for some reason is ALWAYS there).

Now, we did change the headgasket back in December after it blew, but this problem existed even before that, and has persisted ever since as well. This is just a comfort issue, and hopefully some of you may have had this identical thing happen to you and can address it for me. :thumb: :nod:

Thanks ahead of time!

Force Fed Mopar
03-08-2006, 01:52 AM
Could be a bad sending unit. Or you might need rod bearings, they could be worn out even if it's not knocking.

I believe it take 25 or 50 starts for the Code 12 to disappear. Either that or your computer is losing all power every time you turn the key off.

turbovanmanČ
03-08-2006, 01:48 PM
Before you do anything to your car, go buy a REAL guage and hook it up, temporarily is fine. Tape it to your windshield and go for a drive. If it still shows low pressure, IE 4 psi or less, your oil pump, rod or main bearings are bad. If it shows more, then change your factory sending unit.