PDA

View Full Version : 1 Afpr + 2 Piece Intake =

Captain Chaos
03-08-2006, 12:01 AM
Fuel everywhere. The seat where the afpr goes into the rail is blowing fuel out. I tried shimming the reg out a little but to no avail. What if anything has anyone else had to do to get the afpr to work on their 2 piece intake?

cordes
03-08-2006, 12:09 AM
I take it you are using the acufab AFPR? The shims should be all you need. You do have the O-ring on there right?

Captain Chaos
03-08-2006, 12:14 AM
Yes the oring is there. The Accufab had 900 miles on it while on my 1 piece intake. Then I swapped to a 2 piece intake while doing some upgrades and now it leaks. I'm still getting contact between the afpr and the rail, because you can see where the 6 point area is pushing on the rail, but its approx. 1/8th shimmed up.

cordes
03-08-2006, 12:23 AM
The contact between the AFPR and the rail is most likly the culprit.

GLHSKEN
03-08-2006, 07:49 AM
It sliced the o-ring, You will need to polish the area and use a new o ring.

altered7151
03-08-2006, 11:40 AM
Okay, I'm about to install an accufab afpr on my 2 piece rail, what are these shims you guys are talking about. I hope they're just some sort of washer I can get anywhere since I bought mine used from a member and it came with no shims. Any details on this so I dont suffer the same fate as ACR?

GLHSKEN
03-08-2006, 11:45 AM
JUST PUT AN 1/8" OF WASHERS BETWEEN THE reg mounting surface and the rail. If you do not, the hex nut on the reg will score the rail boss and can lead to thin slices in the "O" ring if removed and re-installed.

If this happens, you can try to fix it by polishing the rail boss with a fine grit paper.

actually I believe 1/16" will work as the 2 washers supplied by TU are quite thin.

johnl
03-08-2006, 12:41 PM
Okay, I'm about to install an accufab afpr on my 2 piece rail, what are these shims you guys are talking about. I hope they're just some sort of washer I can get anywhere since I bought mine used from a member and it came with no shims. Any details on this so I dont suffer the same fate as ACR?

The hex nut should not touch the cup. The cup is a receiver sealed by the O-ring. If you tighten the regulator down to the point that the hex nut touches the cup, then it will cut into the cup and distort/scratch/ruin the sealing surface on the ID of the cup. So, be sure to shim the regulator up and away from the cup enough to prevent damage to the cup by the hex nut.

Captain Chaos
03-08-2006, 10:30 PM
Looks like the port the reg goes into is out of round.:o Gotta find a new one.

PS Ken got my shirt, very nice.:thumb: Quick too.

altered7151
03-08-2006, 11:00 PM
Thanks guys!