PDA

View Full Version : Need help with an Eagle Summit

black86glhs
05-29-2008, 11:23 PM
Have an 89 Eagle Summit 3 dr with the 1.5 MPI engine. Had spark, but no injector pulse. Good fuel pressure. Spray stuff into the intake and it would start and die when the stuff burned off.
Replaced the distributor and now have no spark and still no injector pulse. I would really appreciate anyone who has some Mitsu knowledge to give their ideas on what it might be.
I was wondering if these things have a similar problem that other Mitsu products do with the ECM's? Where is it located? Thanks in advance to everyone who helps.:grouphug:

dodgeshadowchik
05-30-2008, 10:40 AM
I'm not sure about the summits, but on the talons/eclipses/3si cars the ECU is located either behind the radio or on under one of the kick panels. Mine (talon) is located behind the radio... its kind-of a pain to get to.

I've only seen a few have actual computer problems, tho.

JDAWG
05-30-2008, 12:50 PM
there should be a big relay, has like 5 or 6 pins, I think on the pass side firewall. Its called an engine control relay. Write down the number and go lookin through other mitsu cars at the junkyard and try to find one and give it a whirl.

black86glhs
05-30-2008, 02:22 PM
Jdawg....Thanks a million!!! I forgot about those pesty main/engine control relays. Had a couple Suzukis and Toys give me a fit a couple years back. I'll give it a whirl and see what happens.