PDA

View Full Version : p body rear hatch struts

bluneon
05-29-2008, 07:34 AM
i called up my dealership and they said that the 87-93 p bodies used a differant strut for the hatch. they checked on the national supplies and shows that only 2 are left in kentucky.

it'll be a crap shoot if i tried looking for some in the jy. would the 94 work anyway?

DC Turismo
05-29-2008, 07:46 AM
I've used hatch struts from all of the various years for my 94 and never had a problem?

JDAWG
05-29-2008, 05:44 PM
I have a pair I got about a year ago from the dealership, for a car with a spoiler. I would sell them for cheap. Still super stiff. I assume you have a 93 or older car, these are on my 88 which is being torn apart.

bluneon
05-29-2008, 11:42 PM
i was looking for a set for an 89 with spoiler. when i bought a set for my 94 non-spoiler there was no problem locating them. so why the change for the last model year?!? pretty odd of you ask me.

how much do you want for them?

chilort
05-29-2008, 11:43 PM
As long as other body styles are too long, as long as it isn't too long by much, I would think they would be okay. If they are too short, then, of course, it won't open all the way. If they are too long by waaaay too much then they might have the right pressure at the right distance to help open the hatch. I got my g-body struts from AutoZone and so far, so good. I like not having to use my head or a stick to hold the hatch open.