PDA

View Full Version : Not my fricken day....

89ShelbyGuy
03-07-2006, 08:09 PM
Well.. i finally got the shelby running. And today i was gonna time it...well...as i was workin my way to 12 degrees my timing light decides to take a ---- and stop working...great..wtf!! That even isn't the best part...then after driving for a while i came back and was gonna check my antifrezze....well...don't call me stupid either..i usally always unscrew the cap a little..and can feel the pressure...well....the damn thing slipped out of my hands...and antifrezze went all over the darn place...every where..i was furious...my air filter.batterry....all the heck over..

Heres my qeustion...the only thing i am kinda worried about...some of it might of gotten in the timing window and info the trans/clutch area...don't know how much but probally a little...well this effect my tranny/clutch at all.or will it just be burnet off...keep in mind this is a fresh clutch and cut flywheel...
LMK

And also i have a dang power steering pump leak...right where the big bolt atachs...while putting that on it gave me a ----- of a time...does it go on a certain way?

Also,,some of the a/f sliped threw my air filter and after i took the hood and filter off there was a couple of drops of a/f on in my turbo housing..the intake side...not much...that should get burned off right?

Thanks guys!

Tom

Turbodave
03-07-2006, 08:33 PM
Tom, glad you got it running. I tweaked a few words in your post to make it a little more PC, hope you don't mind. I've been there before and used a lot more colorful phrases than that so no big deal.

Antifreeze cleans off pretty easy with just water. A little down in the clutch housing probably won't hurt a thing, just drive it a little and it should come off, if there was even any on the disc. Same as with in the turbo inlet, it'll just get sucked in and burned off, no big deal.

Has your car got the ZF pump with the plastic resevoir? If so I think there might be an o-ring or washer that goes on the bolt. Been a while since I've had one of those apart.

cordes
03-08-2006, 12:07 AM
I Think it is a washer that goes on the plastic PS pump.

89ShelbyGuy
03-08-2006, 12:38 AM
Well i had the rubber washer on the same side as the oring side...i put the washer on the other side of the line and bolted it up and it seemed to cure the problem! :)

Tom