PDA

View Full Version : Gt Turbo?

Juggy
05-27-2008, 09:45 PM
ok...so that GT30R I got from Frank....for some reason, the exhaust housing will not clamp down hard enuff on the center section enuff, to hold it inplace and stop it from moving????

i can FEEL the play in there....what am I suppose to do???? shim this to make it hold??? theres 2 spacer ring thingies....ive got them under the bearing cup, dont think its going to matter if I move them up top, still going to have slop and the housing will not tighten up??

EDIT.....ok nevermind.....lol......im pretty sure the spacers go on top of the center section...everything tightened up, and wheel spins fine...HOLY crap thats close! guess I should have payed more attention when I dissassembled it to check out the machining 1st time around :thumb:

just need some SHCS for that 3" SV and I can finish up the head 2morrow.

Chris W
05-28-2008, 10:44 PM
ok...so that GT30R I got from Frank....for some reason, the exhaust housing will not clamp down hard enuff on the center section enuff, to hold it inplace and stop it from moving????

i can FEEL the play in there....what am I suppose to do???? shim this to make it hold??? theres 2 spacer ring thingies....ive got them under the bearing cup, dont think its going to matter if I move them up top, still going to have slop and the housing will not tighten up??

EDIT.....ok nevermind.....lol......im pretty sure the spacers go on top of the center section...everything tightened up, and wheel spins fine...HOLY crap thats close! guess I should have payed more attention when I dissassembled it to check out the machining 1st time around :thumb:

just need some SHCS for that 3" SV and I can finish up the head 2morrow.

You are right. All the tolerances are extremely tight on our GT DBB turbos. You are lucky you got it back together properly. It can be very challenging. Send us a PM about the SHCS.

Chris-TU