PDA

View Full Version : Anywhere to get Shelby Fabric?

Mopar318
05-25-2008, 12:32 AM
Is there anyplace that sells the Shelby Print Fabric?

I may be doing my seats in black leather, with Shelby inserts if I can find the fabric. Im a auto upholstery tech, so building the seats are no problem for me, and not much money either.:thumb:

If no one sells it, I can see about talking with our supplier to see if they can make it if anyone else would be interested. I believe the min quantity for them make fabric is 100 yards last time I checked.

DC Turismo
05-25-2008, 12:43 AM
I'd be interested if it were exact, however, there is no company currently that is selling repro Shelby fabric. Someday, perhaps JC Whitney or someone will do so. Other than that, you just have to play your luck with eBay and other sites IF someone were to have any and sell it. That is a real longshot though.

Mopar318
05-25-2008, 12:47 AM
I'd be interested if it were exact, however, there is no company currently that is selling repro Shelby fabric. Someday, perhaps JC Whitney or someone will do so. Other than that, you just have to play your luck with eBay and other sites IF someone were to have any and sell it. That is a real longshot though.

I don't think JC Whitney could ever sell something that could be of quality, that could actually be sewn.

I will have to contact our suppliers and see what the pricing would be. Most Factory fabrics are in the $30-40 per yard range. So Im guessing a custom print would be in the $50-60 range.

DC Turismo
05-25-2008, 12:48 AM
Yeah that is what would make it worth buying to me. If it were screen printed, I wouldn't go for it. Cool occupation you got there man!

Mopar318
05-25-2008, 12:49 AM
Does anyone know the material of the fabric? Is it a cloth, suede, cross knit? Does it have a nap direction to it?

Also is the shelby logo printed? If the color remains the same on the back side then it is indeed printed depending on the material.

DC Turismo
05-25-2008, 12:51 AM
I can take some pics of mine up close for you if you'd like?

Mopar318
05-25-2008, 12:53 AM
I can take some pics of mine up close for you if you'd like?

Yes that would be very nice. If you ever have the upholstery off please take a picture of the back side as well. It most likely has foam though, so then I wont be able to see anything.

DC Turismo
05-25-2008, 01:14 AM
Yeah I won't be taking the covers off of my seats as that'd be unnecessary in the condition they're in, I'd hate to ruin them. I will take some up close pics though. You have an email addy to send them once I do?

2.216VTurbo
05-25-2008, 01:18 AM
It's not printed, definately sewn, color change on back. If you have the hookup and can get it repro'd, go for it. You'll sell a bunch no doubt but I'm sure there will be some copywrite issues...

DC Turismo
05-25-2008, 01:37 AM
You mean Copyright, right Alan? ;) (sorry, that's the teacher in me at work).

Mopar318
05-25-2008, 02:10 AM
It's not printed, definately sewn, color change on back. If you have the hookup and can get it repro'd, go for it. You'll sell a bunch no doubt but I'm sure there will be some copywrite issues...

Ill just tell them my name is shelby, and I want my name on my seats.:D

2.216VTurbo
05-25-2008, 10:24 AM
You mean Copyright, right Alan? ;) (sorry, that's the teacher in me at work).

Note the time of my post, that was AFTER the UFC party. That was a good party:eyebrows: About a 1/2 dozen girls got thrown into the pool in thier clothes:partywoot: Predicatable and lackluster fights though:(

Birddog
05-25-2008, 02:37 PM
Note the time of my post, that was AFTER the UFC party. That was a good party:eyebrows: About a 1/2 dozen girls got thrown into the pool in thier clothes:partywoot: Predicatable and lackluster fights though:(

The pub down the street paid $1100 for the right to have that fight on their TVs and it was a bit disappointing..

Don't knock Whitney too much, I've picked up some very nice quality stuff from them.. They're trying to change and within driving distance from me:D..

As far as the pattern goes, just find out if Shelby still has the rights and ask for licensing. They may be able to push through some red tape if they find that there's some dough in it for them(minimal as it may be)..

rich tideswell
05-25-2008, 08:31 PM
Also is the shelby logo printed? If the color remains the same on the back side then it is indeed printed depending on the material.

It's embriodered for sure.

TurbododgePirate
05-27-2008, 05:07 PM
I think I have a pic here.

2.216VTurbo
05-27-2008, 07:29 PM
Ha, you're welcome for the pics:lol: Old thread...

ATaylorRacing
05-27-2008, 11:25 PM
Afew years ago I talked to Dave Salomane (spelling?) owner of Positive Impressions and he has some of that material.....don't know what he's decided to do yet o replication.

WickedShelby88
05-28-2008, 10:36 AM
Anyone here do any repros of something simple like the SC seats?