PDA

View Full Version : Stock PCV

zin
05-23-2008, 08:21 PM
Turns out the PCV on my Spirit is not there! I need to replace it, but the vac lines are so wacky and have been re-done a number of times so that I can't see how it was supposed to go. So....

Can someone point me to a good picture/illustration of how it's supposed to look/be?

Thanks for any and all help!

Mike

johnl
05-23-2008, 09:25 PM
Turns out the PCV on my Spirit is not there! I need to replace it, but the vac lines are so wacky and have been re-done a number of times so that I can't see how it was supposed to go. So....

Can someone point me to a good picture/illustration of how it's supposed to look/be?

Mike

Get ahold of TurboJerry. LMK if doesn't check in soon and you need his telephone number.

2.216VTurbo
05-23-2008, 11:16 PM

Mike

Dude, that's not wacky or redone, that's factory TIII if you can believe it:confused2:! 4 way T's, lines that Y then Y back into eachother at the other end...

Turbo3Iroc
05-24-2008, 01:08 AM
Mike, here's a link to a page with the underhood diagram and the FSM diagram. As far as the PCV itself goes I always flipped the connector 180 degrees and put a 3/8 push in style filter on the end. I have one I can send you or I'll give you one at SDAC if you want.

http://www.pbase.com/rmscott/tiii_vacuum

zin
05-24-2008, 11:30 AM
Dude, that's not wacky or redone, that's factory TIII if you can believe it:confused2:! 4 way T's, lines that Y then Y back into each other at the other end...

I'm sure the stock lay-out is worse (more complex) than what's on there now, but I do have missing stuff, such as the PCV and the Charcoal canister and assoc. hoses, etc. The breather just dumps onto the valve cover, lightly coating it (and other stuff) with oil. That I can't abide and neither will the smog tech. The guy I go to is pretty easy to get along with, even though he's test only, but missing stuff ain't going to fly.

Mike

zin
05-24-2008, 11:32 AM
Mike, here's a link to a page with the underhood diagram and the FSM diagram. As far as the PCV itself goes I always flipped the connector 180 degrees and put a 3/8 push in style filter on the end. I have one I can send you or I'll give you one at SDAC if you want.

http://www.pbase.com/rmscott/tiii_vacuum

Thanks for the link, though I seem to be having some trouble getting it to load at the moment, I'll try it again latter. I do want to keep the PCV, I like how it keeps the oil cleaner and remove the moisture from it. At least until I work out a more effective pan-evac system.

Mike

Turbo3Iroc
05-25-2008, 12:31 AM
Give me your email addy and I'll send you a scan of each that will print to a full sheet for easy reading.

zin
05-26-2008, 09:46 PM
Give me your email addy and I'll send you a scan of each that will print to a full sheet for easy reading.

MikeFlynn at NitrousSupply.Com

Thanks!

Turbo3Iroc
05-26-2008, 09:53 PM
Check your mail.