PDA

View Full Version : For Sale: $300 All Wheel Drive (perfect donor for AWD turbo project) 1994 Grand Caravan

blk86trbo
05-22-2008, 02:29 PM
Van is located in northern Illinois, about an hour southwest of Chicago, zip code 61360. Call the owner Paul Smith @ (815) 228-7656, as I don't know much about it other than what I was told.

Vehicle is pretty much a donor, perfect to be parted out for your AWD turbo project. It is complete, so you won't have to run around sourcing parts. And it's running and driving, so you don't need to worry about how things go together.

Although vehicle moves, the tranny falls out of gear, so you'll pretty much have to haul it home. Yet it can be driven onto a trailer or tow dolly.

3.3 liter V-6, estimated 150+k miles

Was driven by younger guy, so expect things to be "customized" in the interior. Will have a set of tires on it that are good for moving it around, nothing special.

He wants what the yard will give for scrap price...$300

Vigo
05-26-2008, 11:46 AM
tranny thing might be something simple like a clogged cooler. quickly builds backpressure until nothing moves, no apply pressure. either way, sounds like a badass deal. i almost bought one local for $300 bucks and i wish i had, now. : /

blk86trbo
05-26-2008, 12:02 PM
tranny thing might be something simple like a clogged cooler. quickly builds backpressure until nothing moves, no apply pressure. either way, sounds like a badass deal. i almost bought one local for $300 bucks and i wish i had, now. : /

You're right Vigo, it could be something as simple as that. As far as I know and can remember, if someone wanted to put it back on the road to drive, there shouldn't be a reason someone couldn't do so. It would need tires, the tranny situation resolved, and a really good cleaning on the interior. Body didn't have any big dents or rust from what I remember, but honestly it's been some time before I checked it out in person. I'd go through the trouble of taking pics and getting them posted, but I figured it would get snapped up for parts and wouldn't matter.

The owner would really like to move this thing and really doesn't care if it gets parted or turned in for scrap, so I'd really wish someone would call him, he may even go down a bit on price, I got no idea...

Plus he travels with a truck and trailer alot, and could possibly deliver it. We're both almost 100% surely going to SDAC, so hauling it there is most likely a a option, if that would help...