PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning Shelby embroidered upholstery (89 CSX/Dakota)

DC Turismo
05-21-2008, 12:20 PM
What is the best AND SAFEST way to clean the upholstery on door panels and seats using the Shelby embroidered fabric? It appears that the Shelby logo is stitched, so I am a bit hesitant using those scrub brushes that come alogn with Turtle Wax or Interior Clean spray cans at Wal*Mart or Advance Auto. Any suggestions would be great :thumb:

DC Turismo
05-21-2008, 02:54 PM
Bump.

TurbododgePirate
05-21-2008, 03:17 PM
I would call Megan Raffaele at Rainbow International restoration and cleaning 724-836-5001, and ask her if it is something they can do. They do a lot of commercial carpets, but I asked her once about automotive fabrics, and she said they could do it.

zin
05-21-2008, 04:49 PM
If the covers are off, I'd be temped to take them to the dry cleaners. I figure whatever is done will have to be a very gentle process.

Mike

DC Turismo
05-21-2008, 07:00 PM
Thanks Heath I'll give 'em a call. I'd like to do it myself if at all possible though. I will never take anything to the dry cleaners after an ordeal I had last month where they ruined six ties and a suit coat of mine. These covers aren't coming off of the seats though either. Just wanted to see mainly if anyone has used a scrub brush on these seats or not. I want to ask before I do in case the SHelby logo is stitched on I wouldn't want to pull out any of the stitches and be screwed.

Aries_Turbo
05-24-2008, 06:52 PM
id get some extraction soap from the store (for carpet steam cleaners) and dilute it down and spray it on and shop vac it off. then id do it again and then follow it up multiple times with just water. each time shop vaccing it slowly. i did this to my wifes back seat of her neon after she spilled car wash stuff back there. really cleaned the seat nice.

Brian

DC Turismo
05-24-2008, 09:49 PM
Cool, thanks for the tip Brian!