PDA

View Full Version : For Sale: Dodge Spirit T1 5 speed 89/90

wasp
05-21-2008, 10:22 AM
Has engine electronics and all wiring from 1990 spirit turbo. Body and engine is a 1989 Dodge Spirit ES turbo. Body and engine has 107,xxx miles.

Body: Grey paint. Hood was repainted (poorly). Small dent/damaged to front left corner of hood and driver's side fender (someone hit-and-ran in a parking lot while I was at work). Some rust on the bottom of the passenger side rear door, other 3 doors are in good condition.

Engine: 2.5 liter 4 cylinder Turbo I. Exhaust manifold was mildly ported. Has Garrett T2 turbo in place of the stock mitsubishi turbo. Has braided water/oil lines to turbo. Has T2 radiator/intercooler setup with TurboXS blowoff valve. Also has TurboXS boost controller (set ~ 12 psi). Engine has T2 2-piece performance intake manifold found only on certain T2 dodges. Intake still has original powder coating on it. New transmission and engine mounts. Has K/N air filter. Last compression test was 149 150 150 150. These numbers show the engine to be in excellent condition. The engine leaks no oil/water and consumes no oil or water. The engine is in excellent condition.

Transmission: 5-speed A523 (from a 1990 spirit). Clutch has less than 30,000 miles. I replaced the shift fork pads on 1&2 and 3&4 shift forks. The transmission shifts very smoothly and is quiet, no grinding or other noises. Trans has ~130,000 miles and is in excellent condition.

Interior: Great condition. Has 2-button traveler fuel economy meter for tracking instantaneous/average fuel economy, distance till emtpy, engine running time etc. Has power windows, power locks, and power/heated mirrors. Front bucket seats, driver's side has lumbar adjustment lever. Has split/folding rear seats for access into the trunk. Trunk has spare tire and jack. Storage bin up front as well as two cupholders and an armrest. Two cupholders are also available in the back. Car has cruise control and driver's side airbag (still functions, test light comes on and goes out showing no system failures). Gauge cluster has speedometer, tachometer, oil, water, fuel, and coolant temp gauges. Has intermittent wiper control. Lighted glovebox, light in trunk, light in hood. Has interior map lights as well as dome light, and two lights illuminate the floor when doors are open.

Tires/suspension/brakes. New shocks in rear (< 5000 miles). Newer struts up front (< 20,000 miles). Eibach pro lowering springs all around. Tires are newer (< 10,000 miles). Has 4-wheel disc setup. All pads have plenty of life left. Brake pedal feel is very firm with very little pedal travel, braking is very good.

Extras: Compustar 2WSSR 2-way remote entry, remote start, alarm. Remote start is compatible with 5-speed transmissions, I can show you how to use it. Cd-player.

Car gets me ~24 mpg combined (60 city/40 hwy). I can get 30mpg all freeway (as recently as a March trip to Pennsylvania).

Looking for 2,000 as it sits. 1,600 minus 2-piece intake, alarm, and eibach springs (stock springs will be reinstalled).

car is near akron, ohio.

pictures:
http://s288.photobucket.com/albums/ll172/waspwaspwasp/

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll172/waspwaspwasp/th_IMG_0167.jpg

gti_7
05-21-2008, 10:28 AM
Hi

Im curious, how does the car run with the 2 piece intake? did you notice a difference over the stock 1 piece?

thanks
bernie

wasp
05-28-2008, 09:28 AM
Runs fine, as far as noticing a difference? It's hard to say. I did several things all at once so I can't say for sure.

BUMP!

wasp
05-29-2008, 02:35 PM
BUMP
inside pictures added. SEE FIRST POST FOR PICTURE LINK!
only things to note:
the little panel next to the steering wheel looks messed up, it's not, just forgot to snap it all the way in. there's also some adhesive left on the dash from my xm, forgot to get it all off. it didnt damage the dash at all. and the seats are real clean, the dark spots are from the fabric being brushed one way or the other. the interior is in very good condition. except for the steering wheel being a little ugly the rest is easily a 9/10.

coreybear08
05-31-2008, 11:10 AM
hey i know im new here and was kinda of trying to wait awhile before i posted here but ive gotta say this car is what im lookin for...above average performance in a family car look...do you have any sound clips of the car running??

im in fort wayne, IN and would have no problem coming to get it if i get a decent chunk of money from my graduation party and my next few paychecks.

if you dont want to sell to a first time poster here please go to fortwayneracing.com and ask them about me. my name on there is bumblebee85.

wasp
05-31-2008, 09:38 PM
my only concern would be that it went to someone that was interested in it. ill get some clips tomorrow if i remember.

coreybear08
06-01-2008, 02:15 AM
no worries about me NOT being interested...ever since i can remember ive always heard stories about my moms 87 shelby charger...and my bro had a sundance that he wanted to mod..

once i have my camaro finished ill start tinkering on it...till then its an amazing daily driver!

roachjuice
06-05-2008, 06:52 AM
i'd love to have this car. i'd have to convince the wife to sell the blazer. one question does the ac work?

wasp
06-05-2008, 09:28 AM
i tried charging it and got nothing. the compressor stayed on the entire time i was fooling with it. i think the expansion valve is bad and i have a spare, i just havent looked at it in a bit. this weekend when i have some free time i'm gonna see if it is still holding a charge (indicating no leaks). if its still full i'm gonna change the expansion valve and report back.

roachjuice
06-06-2008, 06:18 AM
i tried charging it and got nothing. the compressor stayed on the entire time i was fooling with it. i think the expansion valve is bad and i have a spare, i just havent looked at it in a bit. this weekend when i have some free time i'm gonna see if it is still holding a charge (indicating no leaks). if its still full i'm gonna change the expansion valve and report back.

sweet:thumb: