PDA

View Full Version : Need Opinion: A/F 10.4:1 @ 11PSI ...

MopàrBCN
05-20-2008, 07:35 AM
Hi,

I am tweeking my fuel at WOT.

Previously I had an A/F of rd. 11.9:1 at 11PSI and WOT and my CEL Flashed briefly for knock.

So, obviously I gave it some more fuel. Right now I am said to have rd. 10.4:1 at 11PSI and WOT and my CEL keeps dark. So far so good.

Question: Would you consider 10.4:1 as "Too Rich" or would you say this is about where it generally should be.

I am learning about the numbers but I don't know how they compare to what would be considered "normal".

mario03SRT
05-20-2008, 09:46 AM
BCN,

That AFR is not TOO rich. All of the Mopar staged ecus run in that neighborhood or richer.

You are leaving some power on the table though.

Think about your plugs, gasoline, timing, inlet air temp etc as to a cure to the light knock. Which BTW you need to if you can quantify. To have a car of any kind and expect Zero knock is a very optimistic position. That how the car was designed to give the ecu feedback.

A hot July day driving uphill with the wife and kids with DairyMart Gas you will see knock and correction.

Marion

MopàrBCN
05-20-2008, 12:40 PM
Hi, first of all thanks. There is a lot of useful info in your comment. To be honest I can not tell you the extend of knock I had. I suppose it was to be light knock because it flashed 3 times and went.

The fuel I used is 98 RON Euro Spec Fuel (I think that compares to roughy 93 US) which in turn is the highes pump gas available. I use RNY 9 Sparc plugs and have the base timing set to 12º.

I use basically a stock setup with the exception of +40% inyectors, 3 bar map, 3" exhaust and a custom calibration tuned for this setup.