PDA

View Full Version : 2.4L with A555/568

BadAssPerformance
05-19-2008, 11:46 PM
Just curious who else out there has a 2.4L bolted in front of an A555 or A568? And what you did to ensure alignment of the input shaft to the clutch since you don't have the front block ear/dowel to use? Is Carlos here? I think he may have been the first to do it?

rbryant
05-20-2008, 02:14 AM
3 out of 4 bolts line up. which means it can only go on with one alignment...

Only one extra boss has to be added. There is a thread somewhere that shows it.

-Rich

BadAssPerformance
05-20-2008, 08:04 AM
That's what I am trying to figure out, how to ensure that front side is aligned. I have a trans leak from the bellhousing and the A555 I used to install the engine is junky so that may be it, but also curious about alignment more now...

Hmmm... Thread here? link?

turboshad
05-20-2008, 10:36 AM
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15931&page=2

What I did is at the end of this thread but you have posted in it so I'm sure you've seen it.

DJ

BadAssPerformance
05-20-2008, 11:51 AM
Have you driven it? if so, hows it drive?

rbryant
05-20-2008, 11:59 AM
That's what I am trying to figure out, how to ensure that front side is aligned. I have a trans leak from the bellhousing and the A555 I used to install the engine is junky so that may be it, but also curious about alignment more now...

Hmmm... Thread here? link?

If you have more than one bolt installed on a multiple bolt connection it is guaranteed to be aligned.... How could it not be?

There shouldn't be any fluid getting into your bellhousing...

-Rich

BadAssPerformance
05-20-2008, 01:29 PM
Trans fluid in the bellhousing fom like the input shaft seal. Which is why I thought possible missalignment? Need to rip it apart and check to be sure.

rbryant
05-20-2008, 06:35 PM
Trans fluid in the bellhousing fom like the input shaft seal. Which is why I thought possible missalignment? Need to rip it apart and check to be sure.

Ok that makes sense.

I think you would be able to tell when you slid the clutch in since you would have to force the holes to align if the transmissions had a different center or something like that. Fortunately that isn't the case and they are compatible.

-Rich