PDA

View Full Version : '92 Mits Montero 3.0 engine interchanability??

A.J.
05-19-2008, 09:25 PM
I have a customer that needs an engine for her '92 Mitsubishi Montero with a 3.0. I can't find one used and I might have to rebuild hers which would be very expensive for her but a nice pay day for me. I'm wondering if that 3.0 is the same as the one Chrysler uses or what. They look the same but if the bosses on the block for say, the motor mounts aren't there then I can't use it. Anybody have any info on this?

A.J.

dodgeshadowchik
05-19-2008, 09:30 PM
SOHC or DOHC?

If memory serves... I think those got a DOHC. If that's the case, those are harder to come by as I think the only chrysler car to get that was the stealth. Also, I don't think the SOHC and DOHC versions are interchangable....

If its a SOHC engine, I think the main difference between the two are the intake manifold and the mitsu version got different cams. Other than that, they are virtually the same.

A.J.
05-19-2008, 11:56 PM
I'm getting as bad as my customers by not giving enough information. It's a sohc and the intake plenum is different. Other than that it looks like the same as the Chrysler 3.0.

A.J.

A.J.
05-20-2008, 12:09 AM
Or does anybody know of a good Mitsubishi forum I could go on to inquire about this?

A.J.

dodgeshadowchik
05-20-2008, 12:06 PM
http://www.3si.org/forum/

This is for the 3000gt/stealth cars, but they run the true mitsu version of the 3.0L

I imagine that the chrysler 12V 3.0 is the same as the mitsu one...

WickedShelby88
05-22-2008, 02:05 AM
block is identical for the most part.. Guts are different because the mitsu got a higher compression ratio IE interference motor. Theres lot of info out there.