PDA

View Full Version : BAD day for '87 CSX #667 :(

TurboSedan
05-18-2008, 03:20 PM
some a$$hole decided that it would a fun joke to put rail road ties in the middle of the road. yes, i should have seen them but sh!t happens i suppose. both passenger side tires got trashed, and to make matters worse, one of them came up and gouged a big hole in my gas tank AND i just filled up!!!! arrghhh!!!! i don't care too much about the rims and tires (they are from a 90s Cavalier Z24 and are 195/65s) BUT i now have no way of getting home :bash:

so now i need new tires, new rims and a new gas tank. i priced a set of some NICE pizza wheels at a local j/y and they want $60 for the set so that's not too bad. i'm stuck in Laramie 250 miles away from Gillette. thankfully my next shift isn't until Tuesday.

oh and did i mention that when the rear tire blew off the rim it knocked my rear bumper off? god ------- dammit, that is a Shelby CSX specific piece! i might be able to fix it.....i hope.

looks like i'm going to have to refinance my Regal's car loan :mad:

i hate people.

------------------------------
Joshua Mitchell
'91 Dodge SPiRiT R/T
'87 Shelby CSX #667
'98 Buick Regal GS

Aries_Turbo
05-18-2008, 03:27 PM
id put the car on a rack to make sure its still straight depending on the severity of the impact.

sorry to hear about the bad news.

Brian

TurboSedan
05-18-2008, 03:46 PM
well it wasn't like i got rear ended or anything it's just that one of the rail road ties bounced off the road and hit the gas tank. i will be doing an alignment though! otherwise the car runs fantastic! i am definately glad i bought it :) although, i have to admit i'd like to trade my CSX for my brother's white '91 R/T! then i'd have one to restore and one to mod the hell out of :evil: as far as numbered cars go, what i really want is a NICE Shelby Lancer though i actually would prefer a white Lancer Shelby.

------------------------
Joshua Mitchell
'91 Dodge SPiRiT R/T
'87 Sheblby CSX #667
'98 Buick Regal GS

oldgregg
05-18-2008, 04:34 PM
Bummer after only 5 days crap like that happens. :(

TurboSedan
05-18-2008, 04:45 PM
Bummer after only 5 days crap like that happens. :(

i'm pretty sure i can fix the bumper pretty easy and it will be good as new. the tires and wheels i could care less. i've been planning on getting the pizza wheels for awhile now along with some correct size 205/50s. the main thing that sucks is that i'm stuck out of town with no money. blah.

-------------------------------
Joshua Mitchell
'91 Dodge SPiRiT R/T
'87 Shelby CSX #667
''98 Buick Regal GS

raccoon
05-18-2008, 06:33 PM
note to self, if car #667 comes up for sale low ball owner.

omni_840
05-18-2008, 06:38 PM
Man that sucks I hate when kids do stupid stuff

WickedShelby88
05-18-2008, 06:45 PM
I've got a white lancer shelby;) If you need any parts though I think there are a couple CSX people out here that could help..

BadAssPerformance
05-18-2008, 06:45 PM
Ouch, sorry to hear that! :( Should be all fixable tho :thumb:

supercrackerbox
05-18-2008, 11:34 PM
I had a friend in high school who ran over a paper shopping bag on the street one day . . .

. . . only to discover it was filled to the top with bricks.

turbovanmanČ
05-18-2008, 11:55 PM
Doesn't your insurance cover that? mine does. Take pics and claim it.

BadAssPerformance
05-19-2008, 12:21 AM
True, should be under comprehensive insurance.

chilort
05-19-2008, 12:28 AM
I hate to hear this especially since you are financially strapped (like me) and you haven't had the car long. Someone backed into my '86 Daytona CS right after I got it. Luckily, they got the part of the bumper that already had the paint chipping off from a former bad repair. I think I'd had the car about a week, maybe less.

I had an '88 NA Daytona in college. Long story short, I missed a turn and ramped the car off of a curb. I caught serious air and landed the car sideways on the road doing about 50 (the wrong direction of course). The alignment was still perfect!!!!

oldgregg
05-19-2008, 05:26 AM
Doesn't your insurance cover that? mine does. Take pics and claim it.
True, should be under comprehensive insurance.Sounds like a good idea guys, but allot of states "hit" you hard when you file a claim against your own insurance (& they perform a payout) as in rate increase or surcharge.

In MA we are one of those states.

For putting a claim in against my ins for the WS6 accident (http://home.comcast.net/~myws6/ws6_accident.html) I got socked with a 500/yr surcharge & rate increase (at fault accident) for 6 yrs.

Obviously I wasn't going to pay 2 more years on a wreck so I had "no choice" in my situation but for small money, I'd bite the bullet & pay out of my own pocket, done.

TurboSedan, or anyone for that matter, I'd be asking my agent about the downside if any on your insurance rates or surcharges before putting that claim in.

BadAssPerformance
05-19-2008, 07:52 AM
Good point.. some states and insurance companies have different rules. When my Dak got hit by a deer in IL, my $0 deductible conprehensive covered $2700 and my rates stayed the same :thumb:

WickedShelby88
05-19-2008, 09:03 AM
Funny you mention deer. I bottomed out my suspension in my camaro when I in oklahoma one night on one.. couldn't see the dead carcass until I was right up on the sucker.. Didn't hurt it though somehow.?.?.
Hope you can get that sucker fixed up. I hate to hit a railroad tie on a bicycle let alone with a car..

turbovanmanČ
05-19-2008, 01:18 PM
Sounds like a good idea guys, but allot of states "hit" you hard when you file a claim against your own insurance (& they perform a payout) as in rate increase or surcharge.

In MA we are one of those states.

For putting a claim in against my ins for the WS6 accident (http://home.comcast.net/~myws6/ws6_accident.html) I got socked with a 500/yr surcharge & rate increase (at fault accident) for 6 yrs.

Obviously I wasn't going to pay 2 more years on a wreck so I had "no choice" in my situation but for small money, I'd bite the bullet & pay out of my own pocket, done.

TurboSedan, or anyone for that matter, I'd be asking my agent about the downside if any on your insurance rates or surcharges before putting that claim in.

That is true and of course, he should check to make sure his rates don't skyrocket. For once, this is a good thing for our insurance, our rates don't go up.

TurboSedan
05-28-2008, 04:57 PM
well the CSX is now back up in Gillette thanks to my brother :thumb: it's now wearing a set of dark grey 16" crosslace wheels from a '90 Lebaron GTC and damn it looks nice with them :nod: the rear bumper is still off; i still need to get the right clip for it on the driver's side then i can put that back on. alignment is definately out of whack right now. it definately needs alot of work in the suspension/brake departments. the replacement gas tank came from another '87 Shadow that was sitting in the apartment complex where i live, thankfully Jerm was able to remove it before they had it hauled off (woot free parts!). we had to replace the fill tube as well because the tire had ripped it right off and mangled it.

anyways, all that is left to do is get that bumper clip on there and then begin work on suspension/brakes/tires etc. it drove up to Gillette just fine on Sunday. i'll get a pic of the car wearing the GTC wheels soon.

------------------------
Joshua Mitchell
'91 Dodge SPiRiT R/T
'87 Shelby CSX #667
'98 Buick Regal GS

Anonymous_User
05-28-2008, 05:32 PM
the replacement gas tank came from another '87 Shadow that was sitting in the apartment complex where i live

Hopefully you had permission to take the tank??!!?? :D

TurboSedan
05-28-2008, 06:15 PM
Hopefully you had permission to take the tank??!!?? :D

oh yes, haha. my brother had actually asked the guy if we could take the gas tank before the car was to be hauled off to the j/y and he didn't care (the car already has a bright orange tow-away sticker on it). i'll probably pull some more parts off it before it goes. too bad it doesn't have a light grey interior.

-------------------------------------------------
'91 Dodge SPiRiT R/T
'87 Shelby CSX #667
'98 Buick Regal GS

raccoon
05-28-2008, 07:05 PM
haha, butchN that was your trans am? I remember finding the photos of it on the net years ago!

a side note to insurance, if you hit a dead deer in ontario its your fault for not avoiding a fixed object. you have to tell em you killled it, they also like to see fur and blood on the car if the deer runs off.

also for engine fires, make sure you tell them you saw fire, they dont cover smoke if its just smoldering. dumb eh.