PDA

View Full Version : i need a turbo part!

turboaddict
05-18-2008, 01:38 PM
so i need this part, for my 50 trim. i cant get any other fittings and it didnt come with my turbo when i purchased it. it was used from a member.
here is a pic, i believe its the filter unit.
http://members.cox.net/90vnt/Daytona/turbofilter.jpg

turbovanmanČ
05-18-2008, 02:00 PM
You can get that from any auto parts store, its 1/8 pipe thread to the turbo and a flared pipe fitting on the other, sorry, I can't remember the exact size but its close to a 1/2 wrench, lol. Filter is a 50/50 split on wether you need it or not as in the old days, they didn't have them and were just fine.

firebaron90
05-18-2008, 10:39 PM
um, i had that same problem. DO the threads for that filter start about 1/4 inch down in that hole???? if so, then i suggest going to home depot, and picking up and 1" long 1/8 NPT nipple, and a 1/8 NPT female to female nut. I soldered them together, ground the lower half of the nut so that it fit into the hole a little bit, and it works. cost about 8.00. The actual filter can be had through the turbonetics site for about 32.00 i believe.

Joe

turboaddict
05-19-2008, 01:21 PM
yeah the problem was that the threads started down in the hole and i didnt want 5 adaptors on it. has your set up held?

moparzrule
05-19-2008, 07:52 PM
You don't need that filter.

Chris W
05-19-2008, 07:56 PM
That filter can eventually become a problem because it is very difficult to remove and clean. It would be better to use an external filter that can be cleaned and inspected for debris every other oil change.

Chris-TU

firebaron90
05-19-2008, 08:26 PM
You don't need that filter.

I agree and disagree.. You do NOT need the filter, but the turbo line fittings will not fit on the turbo with out it, or some jerry riged fitting like i made. As I said, the threads START about 1/4 inch down into the hole. The fitting that comes with a 1/8 ntp adapter that barely has 1/4 inch of threads on it. Chris can remember that he and I had a long talk about this about a year and a half ago.

Joe

turboaddict
05-19-2008, 09:18 PM
yeah in all honesty i could care less about the filter portion. i just need some way to connect the feed line to the turbo and its not happening without some kind of adapter whether its factory or home depot.

Chris W
05-19-2008, 09:45 PM
yeah in all honesty i could care less about the filter portion. i just need some way to connect the feed line to the turbo and its not happening without some kind of adapter whether its factory or home depot.

We can get that Turbonetics filter/adapter for you for about $20. You can then remove the filter inside to reduce the chances of oil starvation should the filter ever become clogged.

Chris-TU