PDA

View Full Version : Price to install ARP rod bolts?

altered7151
03-06-2006, 06:11 PM
Okay well I'm trying to squeeze in building my motor inbetween moving into a new house,and buying appliances/furniture for it. So what kind of ballpark price should I budget for getting the ARP rod bolts installed on my rods?

turbovanmanČ
03-06-2006, 07:02 PM
You are looking at roughly $15 a rod plus bolts but I am sure you have those already, :thumb:

afsautoworx
03-06-2006, 07:20 PM
Wont they need to resize the rod after the bolts have been put in. Like a might, might not.

altered7151
03-06-2006, 08:15 PM
I called the guys in town that I normally use, and they told me $40 for the set to install the bolts and "recondition" them, which I figured meant resize. Which I figured was resonable. I didn't even think of it at the time I bought my rod bearings, but will I need new ones if I get the rods done?

jckrieger
03-06-2006, 08:25 PM
I called the guys in town that I normally use, and they told me $40 for the set to install the bolts and "recondition" them, which I figured meant resize. Which I figured was resonable. I didn't even think of it at the time I bought my rod bearings, but will I need new ones if I get the rods done?

Holy crap that's cheap. The last time I had a rod resized it cost me $30 for a single rod, and that was keeping the stock bolts. And people wonder why I don't have things machined very often.

turbovanmanČ
03-06-2006, 10:13 PM

Yes, your supposed to have them resized but a few engines I haven't. $40 is a good deal if he is resizing them. NO, you can use your original bearings, having them resized doesn't affect your bearing size, only regrinding the crank does.

altered7151
03-07-2006, 01:08 AM
Yes, your supposed to have them resized but a few engines I haven't. $40 is a good deal if he is resizing them. NO, you can use your original bearings, having them resized doesn't affect your bearing size, only regrinding the crank does.

Sweet, thanks Simon. I was hoping I wasn't going to have to go get another set of bearings.