PDA

View Full Version : Blow thru intake on a draw thru setup

chilort
05-16-2008, 08:52 PM
100% totally bench racing here. I just got my car back together and it ain't coming back apart until I blow a head gasket or "other."

I decided to IC my log intake just to be different. There are some inherent advantages to the draw through setup. Among other things, you don't need a blow of valve. Plus the higher revving turbo just sounds unreal.

The log intake admittedly flows like s#!t. And I realize the draw thru TB is a real restriction.

But, has anyone ever put a newer intake on a draw thru setup and left it draw thru?

crazymadbastard
05-17-2008, 12:06 PM
You definately could make it work, but that would be like dating Carmen Electra and not wanting to go all the way...

chilort
05-17-2008, 06:35 PM
Carmen Electra now or then? If you mean now ... something about throwing a hot dog down a hallway ...

Murphy
05-17-2008, 07:02 PM
i remember seeing this posted before....dont remember the outcome tho......

chilort
05-19-2008, 01:44 AM
Both of those look to be full blow thru conversions.

I like the suck through mostly because it is different (and I don't need to go too crazy with the a525 trans).

I was thinking a blow thru intake might be good for better air/fuel distribution since the log is supposed to be so bad.

crazymadbastard
05-19-2008, 10:54 AM
I suppose you could take a full blow through intake and tb and strip the blow through throttle body, have it tig welded around where the butterfly rod would go(or tap and thread for a plug) an then use it only as an adapter.
It definitely would be "different",. As far as keeping the power down, no worries there just set the boost to 12psi and be happy.

crazymadbastard
05-19-2008, 10:55 AM
Oh and I have a t1-t2 one piece manifold and tb if you want. Cheap.

jamesmonty
05-19-2008, 11:36 AM
R/T did it! Thought I remember there being some picts of it so I headed over to the dodge garage---> http://www.thedodgegarage.com/intercooling_the_log_manifold.html . Last one on the page.

chilort
05-19-2008, 12:08 PM
Right now I'm just thinking and not ready to buy anything yet, but thanks.

It is interesting to see how someone else has done this though. Thanks for the link.

R/T
05-19-2008, 11:25 PM
R/T did it! Thought I remember there being some picts of it so I headed over to the dodge garage---> http://www.thedodgegarage.com/intercooling_the_log_manifold.html . Last one on the page.

BRILLIANT!!! :D

That guy can re-engineer anything!!! :clap:

It worked well, 14.11 at 3000lbs race weight. :nod: