PDA

View Full Version : Strange TS problem, '93 IROC R/T

Scottmon
05-16-2008, 08:14 AM
I've been having a strange turn signal problem in my '93 IROC R/T.

In the morning on the drive to work the turn signals work. Later in the day, such as when going to lunch or coming home from work they quit. Occasionally the right turn signal indicator on the dash will not light but I'll hear the blinker relay working. When the signals quit working, the TS switch will not cancel so I guess the switch isn't getting a cancel signal.

If I let the car sit overnight then the next morning the signals work.

Hazard lights still work, so I assume the module in the steering column isn't completely dead. Multifunction switch still seems to work OK, dimmer switch works fine.

Thought I'd ask here before pulling the halo, cluster and steering column apart to see if anyone may have run into this problem before and have a fix.

Could this be a clockspring problem? I also get a *VERY* intermittant air bag light...

I *HATE* intermittant wiring issues...:mad:

Turbo3Iroc
05-16-2008, 10:49 AM
Scott, your problem is probably where the 'hood' contacts the dash. I've had this problem off and on in my car for awhile now but it has been fine for weeks now. It could be in the swiutch but I have changed that before and it still comes back.

I get the intermittant air bag in my Spirit, I made a thread about it but didn't get much feedback except that it won't pop in my face.

I despise wiring isues also.