PDA

View Full Version : My new ride

oldgregg
05-15-2008, 09:27 PM
I’m BAAACK!

Yep, sealed the deal this morning on an 87 GLHS with 49K miles on it.

I can't remember if it's 0123 or 0132.

It’s documented fairly well & it’s only got 49K original miles.

I don't have my pics uploaded yet, but one pic can be viewed here (http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/NESDAC/) on our local SDAC chapters yahoogroups page.

Long story short, the guy (he & his mom used to work for me which is why he bought it, he like my Daytona) bought it about 5-6 yrs ago for $5500 or so, did a little work, then it developed an issue where it starts, runs for a while, then acts as if it's out of gas.

It's got a Walbro 255 he bought from Gary when he was in biz, (that's how long he's had this car) because with the stock pump it did the same thing. It's either a cat or fuel pressure regulator I’m thinking.

Anyway, I picked it up for I think a paltry $1800.

It's my 2nd "S" & my 5th L body!

Hope Sally, whom I’ve never conversed with, isn’t too upset since I know she's been looking a while for one!

And for those who know me, this car will look show quality in no time.

Paint’s not bad, but not show quality either.

I was at my pals body shop today, the one who painted my old 89 Daytona, & told him we had another project.

I educated him on Shelby Dodges & #’d cars & he seems exited to paint it & even he suggested I document it like I did the Daytona Shelby.

I told him I already had it planned out.

Pics later on Friday.

OK, OK, so it was kind of a long story anway! :nod:

BadAssPerformance
05-15-2008, 09:42 PM
Nice car, congrats and welcome back! :thumb:

oldgregg
05-15-2008, 10:01 PM
Thanks & still no SDAC for me, car's too rough & judging by the pics I've seen of the other 87's that attend, it'd be laughed outta there!

Got lots to do to it 1st anyway.

Frank
05-15-2008, 10:16 PM
Awesome dude!

mcsvt
05-15-2008, 10:20 PM
Butch that's awesome! Definitely a good car to get back into TM's with :thumb: Can't wait to see it.

Directconnection
05-15-2008, 10:45 PM
Thanks & still no SDAC for me, car's too rough & judging by the pics I've seen of the other 87's that attend, it'd be laughed outta there!

Got lots to do to it 1st anyway.You should know that this is SDAC, not a Corvette owner's club, Butch. I guess you have been away for quite some time.;)

2.216VTurbo
05-15-2008, 11:17 PM
Butch, I'm pretty sure any 87 S car that can be driven or towed or dragged to SDAC is welcome:D Who needs paint anyway, rattlecan primer is so IN!!

OrangeCrush
05-15-2008, 11:39 PM
Welcome Back to the Turbo Mopar scene Butch!

I remember your Red Daytona several years back at Carlisle when you had it on display in building "T"! I always found that car to be the best of the bunch back then and I still hold it in high regard today!

It would be nice to see a larger contingent of the "old school" Turbo Mopars there again. The last few years have been kinda thin...

Perhaps you will make a trip to Carlisle this year or next and start a trend of returning them to the show field?! :thumb:

At any rate, Good Luck with your new ride!

Orange Crush (Todd)

WickedShelby88
05-16-2008, 01:15 AM
One of these days I too will have the elusive 87 S. Until then congrats Butch, this one is definitely in good hands:thumb:

oldgregg
05-16-2008, 09:11 AM
You should know that this is SDAC, not a Corvette owner's club, Butch.And you should know I can't just "drive" a car, I have to make it look SAWEEET! :number1:

Now where's that bling emotion when you need it? ;)
Butch, I'm pretty sure any 87 S car that can be driven or towed or dragged to SDAC is welcome:D Who needs paint anyway, rattlecan primer is so IN!!Yeah, I know!

It shines now, but I am kinda anal on how my cars should look.

Anyone here that knows me knows that!

That & I don't think I have accrued enough vaca to take the time off.

If I did attend, it'd be my 1st SDAC convention in 5 years.
I guess Steve's right, I have been away a long time. :nod:
Welcome Back to the Turbo Mopar scene Butch!

I remember your Red Daytona several years back at Carlisle when you had it on display in building "T"! I always found that car to be the best of the bunch back then and I still hold it in high regard today!

Perhaps you will make a trip to Carlisle this year or next and start a trend of returning them to the show field?! :thumb:

At any rate, Good Luck with your new ride!

Orange Crush (Todd)Thanks, possibly & again, thanks!
One of these days I too will have the elusive 87 S. Until then congrats Butch, this one is definitely in good hands:thumb:I have wanted this car since my pal drove to NY with his dad & trailered it back home several years ago.

Even though I've owned an 87 "S" befoee, this one I felt was in that good of shape to rened buying.

Biding time pays off eh?

It's just been sitting doing nothing in his driveway about 4 years or so.

When I find my CD with the pics I'll post them tonighth.
The pics I have are what I took when he brought it home & it hasn't changed one iota so in effect, the pics are still "current", far as looks go anyway!

The car is still at my pals house & we're going to trailer it to my condo this weekend.

Then the work begins!

85shelbycharger
05-16-2008, 09:30 AM
Awesome score, Butch!! You got one heck of a deal :thumb: Can't wait to see it after you've gone over it :nod:

Blue Iroc R/T
05-16-2008, 10:57 AM
Awesome Butch! Glad you are back in the IN CROWD. Now you can come back to Carlisle. If you need some one to host your pics. I would be happy to make a gallery for you on my site. Send pics & progress pics to Mopar4Evr@neo.rr.com
Congrats! :thumb:

DC Turismo
05-16-2008, 11:12 AM
Good to have you back Butch. It looks like a sweet project!

omni_840
05-16-2008, 01:13 PM
Congrats, Nice Find

Turbodave
05-16-2008, 02:20 PM
Cool Butch, good to see you back in a turbo car.

jonnyb
05-16-2008, 07:14 PM
All I can say is...WOW - that is the most typing I've ever seen you do Butch!

Congrats - hopefully we'll be seeing you at some events this summer :clap:

Jon

oldgregg
05-16-2008, 10:52 PM
As promised, pics of GLHS 0123 (http://home.comcast.net/~butch.n/glhs0123.html).

As you'll see it's really not in bad shape.

Anyone know the color of the dash so I can take care of the rust spots & put it back to its original, or close to as possible color?

And Jon, yeah, I've typed a years worth here, haven't I? :nod:

chilort
05-17-2008, 12:35 AM
I hate you and I don't even know you. Try not to hold it against me.