PDA

View Full Version : How to work the factory 2 piece CD player in Daytonas/Lebarons

85shelbycharger
03-06-2006, 11:04 AM
Whats up everyone? I have a radio/cd player that came in my '89 Daytona Shelby parts car and I want to know how to work the CD player! I was just trying it out to see if it worked last night so I swapped the radio into my Charger and it worked. Then I plugged the cable into the back of the radio and the CD player, but the CD player didn't seem to turn on? Is there a button you have to press to turn it on? Or do you just put the CD in and its supposed to work? Help!

mcsvt
03-06-2006, 11:20 AM
I don't have direct experiance with that player, but most factory system CD players won't respond without a cd in them. Meaning if there isn't a CD in the player you can't test any of the functions. Maybe try putting a CD you don't care to much about in :) If it doesn't pull it in from your hand then something is up. Hope this helps.

85shelbycharger
03-06-2006, 01:06 PM
I don't have direct experiance with that player, but most factory system CD players won't respond without a cd in them. Meaning if there isn't a CD in the player you can't test any of the functions. Maybe try putting a CD you don't care to much about in :) If it doesn't pull it in from your hand then something is up. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the input! Yea I tried putting in a CD but it wouldn't pull it in...guess there is something wrong with it then?

jckrieger
03-06-2006, 01:16 PM
You have to push the CD about 3/4 of the way in before it grabs the CD. Also make sure the radio is turned on in the top half. If it still doesn't work, you could try taking it apart and cleaning it, but it's probably not worth the trouble.

85shelbycharger
03-06-2006, 04:41 PM
You have to push the CD about 3/4 of the way in before it grabs the CD. Also make sure the radio is turned on in the top half. If it still doesn't work, you could try taking it apart and cleaning it, but it's probably not worth the trouble.

Well I tried that, the radio was on and working and I tried inserting the CD but it wouldn't grab it :(

Whorse
03-13-2006, 12:23 AM
I had this problem with a factory unit from a 99 caravan that I ran in my Lebaron for a while. I had to actually clean the inside and rewire some of it, but I think this was linked to some other problems as I had trouble with other stereos. As it is now, that stereo is in our van, and won't play copied cds, and skips a fair bit.

I would recommend getting a stereo from a 90s chrysler or dodge, as they have the same wiring harness, and the mounting points line up. I think some jeeps had the same stereo as well.