PDA

View Full Version : Is all P-body Interior wiring the same?

DC Turismo
05-09-2008, 03:25 PM
Did Chrysler change anything with the interior wiring harness from 87-94 on the P-bodies, or do they all use the same style? I am aware that some had lighted visors and power locks/windows, but besides that, was there any difference?

MiniMopar
05-09-2008, 04:12 PM
Definitely. There were changes between 87 and 88, even. Can you be more specific?

DC Turismo
05-09-2008, 04:23 PM
Wondering about the plugs for an overhead console basically. Was hoping the newer cars (1993) that the overhead consoles came installed in used the older wiring. In other words, I was hoping all of the interior wiring in the P-bodies had the plug for hte overhead console that I guess is found behind the glovebox?

MiniMopar
05-09-2008, 04:30 PM
The early harness had no provisions for an overhead console. It was probably added in 1990 or later, since that's when the SBEC was introduced.

DC Turismo
05-10-2008, 01:15 AM
Ah OK. Thanks for the info!

JDAWG
05-10-2008, 09:16 AM
ya, and I think they threw a BCM into the mix at some point in time. Im sure you could make it work if you had wriring diagrams. Are you just looking for temp and compass? Get some pinouts, add an ambient temp sensor out in the grill, and play around with it. Im sure you could get it goin.

jl93sundance
05-11-2008, 10:18 PM
I dont think their all the same because when I did my dash/ interior swap i didnt change the interior wiring, I just plugged the new dash in and now my wipers don't work correctly. I think because the wiring to the steering column was set up for delay wipers (my car didn't originally have) and the wiring to the bcm is not the same.

WickedShelby88
05-13-2008, 02:25 AM
IIRC all the BCM is a series of relays and couple timed delay relays.. Its not like we think or I may be thinking of that thing on the drivers kickpanel on a tuna that has all the relays and such.. I never saw an overhead console on an older shadow.. I think in 89 you might have been able to get one butin 90 they changed it . I like the newer read out better, but in order to work in an older car you will have to wire it yourself I believe. Should be easy on the power and illumination as thats stuff that can go from either something in the dash lights and the dome light circuit.. the long winded wiring would be to the ambient temp sensor outside.. Other than that I don't know. BTW in order to calibrate your compass you will need to have access to the owners manual of roughly or close to the same year the overhead came from to know what process or someone here could tell you.