PDA

View Full Version : Tell me what you think of my "induction" setup (pics)

Dave
03-05-2006, 03:41 PM
Okay I want an honest opinion towards my entire induction setup on the van, except for the intercooler because it has yet to be tested. Which I will be doing.

Here's the setup:
-Remanufactured head, only mildly ported with a '92 TBI cam
-Adjustable cam gear
-Stock (30,000 mile) T03 Garrett turbo
-Mishimoto intercooler (24"x12"x3")
-2.5" aluminum intercooler piping with 3" to 2.5" transitions on the intercooler
-52mm throttle body
-Turbo XS Type S BOV
-TurboXS dual stage boost controller
-3" PVC intake piping with 3" to 2.5" reducer into the turbo and CAI
-PCV catch can going straight to the intake pipe
-2 piece intake manifold, ported for the throttle body

Okay and to the pictures!

Here's the intercooler being compared to our TE04H mitsu. turbo:
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/561/medium/mishi_and_mitsu1.JPG

The transition coupler that Ill be using for the inlet for the turbo and the transitions to the intercooler:
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/561/medium/mitsu_3_and_2_5.JPG

Here's the PVC home-made intake that I made for my Neon... and it works dang well, so I figured Im doing it for the van:
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/565/medium/IM005785.JPG

BOV:
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/561/medium/IM005795.JPG

Intercooler piping with couplers and t-bolts:
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/photopost/data/561/medium/IM005786.JPG

Let me know what you all think. :thumb:

-Bryan

turbovanmanČ
03-05-2006, 05:05 PM
Looks good to me, a very solid plan, :thumb:

turboshadow
03-05-2006, 07:46 PM
It sucks! as in it will be good at sucking in air and keeping it cool
:lol:

Greedy
03-05-2006, 09:03 PM
Nice setup.
That intercooler is very large!
I really dig that BOV :)

dwh4784
03-05-2006, 10:10 PM
nice calendar:thumb:

Dave
03-05-2006, 10:16 PM
nice calendar:thumb:

Ah, what I was waiting hear!

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm gonna stick with this turbo for now, I know it sucks (no pun intended) but I am waiting to buy my "own" T3/T4 50 trim. Poppa bought enough stuff for this van so I want to be the one to buy the key component.

Spring break is coming fast... hopefully my pistons will be here in time for the motor to be assembled and ready to go.

SpoolinGLH
03-05-2006, 11:50 PM
Looks good man. The only thing is that BOV is only rated to 12 psi. Summits Page contradicts itself it says its says rated 0-12 psi then it says recommended up to 15.... So thats the only thing i would b concerned with...

Bubba
03-05-2006, 11:51 PM
Get the bigger turbo.....you won't regret it!

Christian J. Grest

Dave
03-06-2006, 07:32 PM

Christian J. Grest

Yup! I'm sure a 50 trim will do nicely. Maybe even a stage 2 turbine wheel? We'll see.

Anyways, Kyle, the BOV comes with shims for the spring to tighten it up, if they don't hold to 18psi than Ill get a RFL.

I"m going to be stuck with the stock tranny on this beast now for a while, as the guy who is building it wont be done by spring break... my posi hasn't even gotten there yet. :( *sigh* all well, it will be good for break-in for the rings.

GLHSKEN
03-06-2006, 07:45 PM
Break the rings in HARD..

cordes
03-06-2006, 08:35 PM
The TII turbo should be good for a lot of fun until you can get your hybrid going. I liked my TII at 20+ PSI. It was fun.

turbovanmanČ
03-06-2006, 10:24 PM

Yep, :nod:

Then change the oil right after while its still hot, I couldn't believe the crap I got out of mine.

Dave
03-06-2006, 10:43 PM

How do I do that? I need some info on how to properly break in an "everything new" motor.

Dave
03-07-2006, 11:32 PM
M'kay... update: The T03 came in today and the inducer's blades actually cut a groove into the compressor housing... talk about shaft play. So we just decided to go to a T3/T4 50 trim with a S2 wheel.

There's a lot of debate on going to the S3 wheel... but I'm only planning on running between 18-20psi. What do you guys think???

cordes
03-07-2006, 11:57 PM
M'kay... update: The T03 came in today and the inducer's blades actually cut a groove into the compressor housing... talk about shaft play. So we just decided to go to a T3/T4 50 trim with a S2 wheel.

There's a lot of debate on going to the S3 wheel... but I'm only planning on running between 18-20psi. What do you guys think???

Stage II for sure. Especially if it is an auto.

turbovanmanČ
03-08-2006, 02:49 AM
Stage 2 in an 8V auto on the street. I have a Stage 3 and its too laggy but when I get the TIII head on, it will be just right, :nod:

Dave
03-08-2006, 10:14 AM
Stage 2 in an 8V auto on the street. I have a Stage 3 and its too laggy but when I get the TIII head on, it will be just right, :nod:

You're nuts Simon!

I just compiled a list of more stuff that we need, and the exhaust is a huge chunk that we're missing. We have nothing, up to the swingvalve. But I'm definately thinking 3" everything.

8valves
03-08-2006, 11:54 AM
You're nuts Simon!

I just compiled a list of more stuff that we need, and the exhaust is a huge chunk that we're missing. We have nothing, up to the swingvalve. But I'm definately thinking 3" everything.

If you're trying to save a couple bucks, why don't you just run a 3" pipe under the van and call it a day? Like, the swingvalve to a downpipe and then a turndown to the ground or something like that. Turndowns help out on sound deadening a lot, so we've found on the Integra with an open downpipe.

Aaron Miller

turbovanmanČ
03-08-2006, 01:22 PM
If you're trying to save a couple bucks, why don't you just run a 3" pipe under the van and call it a day? Like, the swingvalve to a downpipe and then a turndown to the ground or something like that. Turndowns help out on sound deadening a lot, so we've found on the Integra with an open downpipe.

Aaron Miller

Been there, done that, its friggin loud, so loud the van vibrates and your ear drums actually move to the pulses, :( lol! :p

You're nuts Simon!

Why, thank you, :nod:

vxvxAndrewxvxv
03-08-2006, 01:39 PM
whered you pick up the box of piping & conectors?

BIG PSI
03-08-2006, 01:57 PM
whered you pick up the box of piping & conectors?

Andrew--I bought it off of Ebay. Here is a smaller example of what I bought for S-T-R-E-T-C-H.....I paid a little over $200.00 shipped for that big box of chrome tubing....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/3-Intercooler-8pc-pipe-Turbo-Supercharger-tubing-kit_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33742QQitemZ8043924 927QQrdZ1

Chuck

darkredturbo
03-08-2006, 09:20 PM
Hey, I just bought a K&N filter almost identical to that one, but mine is 2.5" diameter. It pays to just start opening boxes in the auto parts store. The guy asked what application I was looking for as he started to open the application book. I told him Dodge minivan and he closed the book. Lol.

Nice looking setup though. Let us know how that BOV works out.

Ian

Wink
03-12-2006, 05:07 PM
why not just get the super 50?

BIG PSI
03-12-2006, 08:58 PM

Christian J. Grest

Well we took Christian up on his idea and we ordered a NEW Turbonetics T3/T4 Hybryd Turbo in the 50 trim with a .63 A/R and a Stage 2 wheel. We also purchased a new custom made 2 piece Fuel Rail, AFPR, AN Fittings, 255 L/HR Electric Fuel Pump, adj waste gate, z bracket, and braided steel oil/water lines.

I still have to get a 3 inch swing valve and 3 inch down pipe, aftermarket computer to run the plus 40's and the 3 bar map, O2 Sensor, 1 mm oversize valves, dual stage boost controller, spring clamps for the i/c pipes, customer made 3 inch exhaust system, muffer, dump tube, collectors, and cat conv.

I am still waitng on the transmission to show up, which will be one built by TORQUEFLITE ( Chad Kilback ) from Canada. This will be one TRICK TRANNY.
It has a RMVB, FM Stage 2 TQ, 6 clutches, 5 planetary gears, plus many
others.

I am also going to replace the entire suspension both front and rear, the entire brake system, and then do a complete paint job. Here are some more pictures....

Chuck

Dave
03-13-2006, 10:48 AM
Hey that's almost as sexy as what I got. :nod:

WVRampage
03-13-2006, 01:23 PM
Looks good man. The only thing is that BOV is only rated to 12 psi. Summits Page contradicts itself it says its says rated 0-12 psi then it says recommended up to 15.... So thats the only thing i would b concerned with...

Had that BOV on my rampage and it held to 20 psi but it didnt have the volume for the big turbo it does for the mitsu but the bigger turbo surges a little.

BIG PSI
03-13-2006, 10:23 PM
Had that BOV on my rampage and it held to 20 psi but it didnt have the volume for the big turbo it does for the mitsu but the bigger turbo surges a little.

If that BOV gives me any trouble, it will be pulled off, sold, then replaced with an RFL one.

Chuck

WVRampage
03-14-2006, 12:01 AM
If that BOV gives me any trouble, it will be pulled off, sold, then replaced with an RFL one.

Chuck

I got the dual horn from e bay real cheap sounds good. the type s is a good valve though.

SpoolinGLH
03-14-2006, 03:09 PM
Yeh, My dad has that same exact BOV on his dohc turbo saturn, and it works good for his setup...