PDA

View Full Version : Score !!!

inplansight
05-06-2008, 10:22 PM
Well I was digging through the garage the other day and I found an brand new set of G body window scrapers :partywoot:
The worst part is I forgot I even had them.But since they have been NS1 forever I am very happy .

Anyway what I am trying to find out is how can I prevent this set of seal from becoming hard like the factory set?
Thanks paul b

martin kolner
05-06-2008, 11:13 PM
no sun,no heat.....car cover,garage.

Anonymous_User
05-07-2008, 01:02 AM
Also, when you roll the window down completely and rest your arm on the door, you are bending the belt moldings. I insist that the window stays up just enough to support my or my passengers arm. Does it help? Don't know, but it can't hurt!

2.2turboscotty
05-07-2008, 10:03 AM
Also, when you roll the window down completely and rest your arm on the door, you are bending the belt moldings. I insist that the window stays up just enough to support my or my passengers arm. Does it help? Don't know, but it can't hurt!

that's funny i do the same thing, i fiquired it couldn't hurt. except for the line mark on my arm after some time resting it there.

GLHS592
05-07-2008, 10:18 AM
I've been told that baby oil will help. I've never tried it.

rosie
09-23-2008, 08:14 PM
spray silicone. You are replacing the silicone that evaporates leaving the durable unflexable rubber, that becomes too durable and hard and snaps when you move it with your arm or window. I did it on every major service and never had one of them at 120+ have problems with anything I sprayed (vacuum lines too)

WickedShelby88
09-24-2008, 02:41 PM
I wonder if there are some other cars out there with similar length rubber belts. I mean the trim could be over looked and if you find something similar it can always be adapted to fit. A universal solution would be great too. If its not too hard you mind taking some measurements. That would be really cool if there were some other models of car that weren't NS1 that used a similar belt. I know the G body GM's have a nearly identical belt as the G bodies, etc. no pun intended. They make those so I'm thinking they could be adapted with some patients and a good jig for doing multiple sets.. Just a thought.

rare_ram
09-24-2008, 03:27 PM
spray silicone. You are replacing the silicone that evaporates leaving the durable unflexable rubber, that becomes too durable and hard and snaps when you move it with your arm or window. I did it on every major service and never had one of them at 120+ have problems with anything I sprayed (vacuum lines too)

I was told the same thing.

89ShelbyGuy
09-24-2008, 03:29 PM

+ 1 on that, everytime i wash the car i used to use that 2001 stuff by turtlewax and coat the rubber. But yea, rosie hit it on the button, the sun dries the silicon out of the rubber causing it to become brittle.

zin
09-24-2008, 04:01 PM
spray silicone.

+1:thumb:

rich tideswell
09-25-2008, 08:06 AM
Well I was digging through the garage the other day and I found an brand new set of G body window scrapers :partywoot:
The worst part is I forgot I even had them.But since they have been NS1 forever I am very happy .

I guess they were inplainsight al along ........

shelbymopar89
09-25-2008, 04:12 PM
There is a thread on the "other" board of part numbers for Chevy Camaro? that work on our cars with a little mod.