PDA

View Full Version : Vnt

WickedShelby88
05-06-2008, 03:22 AM
you guys still selling these I imagine and are there limited quantities meaning I should hurry up and get one or can I wait 6 months?

Chris W
05-06-2008, 11:35 AM
you guys still selling these I imagine and are there limited quantities meaning I should hurry up and get one or can I wait 6 months?

We sell alot of these to the local dune buggy crowd so it's hard to say how many will be available in 6 months. We currently have 3 available to ship.

Chris-TU

WickedShelby88
05-06-2008, 12:39 PM
Dune buggy crowd? Ouch.... So much for being able to preserve a 90 shadow.. My mom is going to get one and I want to pick up a turbo for a spare.. Do you offer a rebuild service for these as well then?

Chris W
05-06-2008, 04:39 PM
Dune buggy crowd? Ouch.... So much for being able to preserve a 90 shadow.. My mom is going to get one and I want to pick up a turbo for a spare.. Do you offer a rebuild service for these as well then?

Yes we do offer rebuild services for these turbos. In most cases though VNT failures are catastrophic and the additional components required to repair them usually approaches the cost of a new one.

Chris-TU

WickedShelby88
05-07-2008, 02:01 AM
That doesn't sound too promising. I like to rebuild things rather than throw them away though. Do you foresee being able to get more in the future?

Chris W
05-07-2008, 01:52 PM
That doesn't sound too promising. I like to rebuild things rather than throw them away though. Do you foresee being able to get more in the future?

Our supplier has warned us several times already that they are running out of the VNT units. I tend to believe them because they did the same thing just before we ran out of the new TII units about 10 years ago. I will try to get them to provide some numbers to us but that still won't guarantee that they will be available in 6 months. Plus, the condition of these VNT units has progressively gotten worse. While they are still functional I have noticed the actuators are looking a little beat up. They must be getting to the bottom of the barrell which could cause prices to go up.

Chris-TU

WickedShelby88
05-08-2008, 02:14 AM
I hear you on the urgency then. They are already not cheap, but for the money you still can't go wrong.