PDA

View Full Version : Seat cover opinions

Wink
03-05-2006, 07:50 AM
I found a company that make custom seat covers for my Lebron. They make them with a variety of cloths and in vinyl.

My original thought were to get a custom set of leather seats or covers. But, every company I've been to wants no less than $800 for a set of covers, or 1200 for custom front sport seats and matching rear covers.

My question is... How many have used vinyl materials for recovering thier seats?
And, what are your impressions/opinions on how they hold up/look?
The company can do a custom two tone if I want. And I actually do want a two tone for the car. They have two types of vinyl as well. Solid with grain pattern, or perforrated. I was thinking about having the outer areas done in Ebony (black) solid, and the inside panels in Granite (dark grey) perforrated.

By the way, these sets only cost $400 complete with hog rings for installation and headrests.

Any opinions and personal experiences are greatly appreciated.

Wink

bobr19
03-05-2006, 10:34 AM
You're down south where its fairly warm:) --vinyl might be fine--I hate the cold feel of vinyl at 20 below :yuck: so had mine done in cloth centers with vinyl trim--I furnished material and shop did frts. and backs for a Charger for $185.00--They look great:thumb: ---bobr19

GLHSKEN
03-05-2006, 10:56 AM
What material did you use Bob?? I hjave 2 full SC sets that I will need done.

myplasticegg
03-05-2006, 12:31 PM
http://www.boomspeed.com/12lettername/DSCF0040.JPG
http://www.boomspeed.com/12lettername/DSCF0041.JPG

Those are viynl covers that i installed myself. The kind where you remove the old and use hog rings to install the new. Do it in the summer or crank the heat in your house! that stuff is a pain to stretch when it is cold out. If i had to do it again, i would use leather, the vinyl seems to wear fairly fast.

The kit cost around $250 for vinyl. the leather was $400

bobr19
03-05-2006, 01:22 PM
What material did you use Bob?? I hjave 2 full SC sets that I will need done.
The fabric part is gray check Chenille, woven backed vinyl is a medium gray--pm your e-mail address and I'll send a couple pictures--bobr19

johnnydisco
07-14-2006, 02:07 PM
Anyone have a line in Shelby print seats?

Im looking for bucket, old material or new material with the small "Shelby" print running throughout the center inserts.

Can anyone help!!

Johnny in NY