PDA

View Full Version : General: Need 88 K-car parts

blk86trbo
05-03-2008, 09:10 PM
Replaced the suck-through intake in my 87 wagon with a blow-through, so I need the throttle cable from an 88 turbo k car to make it work right.

Same goes for a cruise control module...need the 88 style to hook the cable up to the blow-through throttle body.

Any help would be great and thanks in advance.

TopDollar69
05-05-2008, 06:30 PM
Pretty much all of the bodystyles use the same cable from what I've seen. So anything 88 up should work from any turbo car, or even a flex fuel Spirit.

Dodge Aries K
05-05-2008, 10:02 PM
Paul, there's an 88 Turbo GT convertible at the local junkyard. If that stuff will work let me know.

WickedShelby88
05-07-2008, 03:18 AM
Wheres this yard at? I need parts to make lancer live?

Dodge Aries K
05-07-2008, 03:26 AM
In Rockford.

WickedShelby88
05-07-2008, 08:32 AM
Name of yard would be good.. Paul I have a cruise module if your interested. I won't be needing it right away. Still worked when it was pulled off my 88 Shelby Z. If I get to a A JY today I will be sure to get you a throttle cable as well if I can find one.

Joseph

Captain Chaos
05-07-2008, 09:25 AM
I have the cruise control module. I pulled it from a car I drove home and parted. If you would like I could send it to you, if it works send me $10 and its yours. If not throw it away. Or if it works lie to me. lol

blk86trbo
05-15-2008, 02:13 PM
Thanks Karl and Joseph for offering the help, but it's all taken car of now...Karl, I'll show you how it turned out when you come over again.

Pretty much all of the bodystyles use the same cable from what I've seen. So anything 88 up should work from any turbo car, or even a flex fuel Spirit.

I appreciate the advice (I think Russ Knize told me this also), was able to use the throttle cable from a 90 Daytona.

I have the cruise control module. I pulled it from a car I drove home and parted. If you would like I could send it to you, if it works send me $10 and its yours. If not throw it away. Or if it works lie to me. lol

Actually ended up being able to swap the correct cable onto the old module...just two 10mm nuts and a clip!