PDA

View Full Version : Next question.. Stacks or side pipes??

Birddog
05-02-2008, 11:31 PM
No.. I'm not kidding.. Wife wants stacks. She already held an informal poll at her bar and the stacks are winning.. I'm kinda thinking Lake pipes.. Help me out here..
Same truck different question...
http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23860

I have the truck choked down to single 3" with a dump before the axle now. I had 3" duals on it but pulled them when I thought I was going to sell the blower..
Keeping the blower now and it looks like I need to get creative. This body style lends itself to so many options..
And for the technical guys.. Boost has decreased every time a flow mod has been done..:D

Clay
05-03-2008, 02:21 AM
ummmmmm out the back under the bumper area please.

want stacks? buy a semi or a tractor

want side pipes? buy a 60s vette! ;)

Birddog
05-03-2008, 03:04 AM
I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that.:eyebrows:

BadAssPerformance
05-03-2008, 03:43 AM
The only way I'd do stacks... if you can get some sorta step side bed and some Warlock type, Little Red Exspress Lookin' decals for the doors :D

Side pipes? Hmm.... gotta think about that one.

I'm also kinda for 'out the back' but I guess this is 'her' truck right? ;)

moparman76_69
05-03-2008, 08:26 AM
side pipes, stacks look stupid in general much less on a lowered dakota.

moparzrule
05-03-2008, 08:27 AM
Sorry, stacks don't belong on Dakota's unless someone puts a diesel in it! I thought about putting a 4BT in mine actually LOL.
But anyway, if it must be one of the 2, definitely side pipes. The stacks will look very corny. Besides, on a ram anyway, anything less than 5'' stacks looks too small, and on a dakota I don't know about 4'' but I still think that would look really ridiculous. Trust me, I just saw 4'' stacks on a ram the other day and was like WTF those are tiny pieces of crap. I've also seen 3'' stacks on a gas ram, OMG that was actually comical. 1'' makes a huge difference, because 6'' stacks looks huge on a ram, and I've seen 7'' which is on the other end of ridiculous.

moparzrule
05-03-2008, 08:29 AM
side pipes, stacks look stupid in general much less on a lowered dakota.

I will get you a pic of my brother's 02' 2500 cummins ram with 5'' stacks, looks friggin sweet. But of course, he has the power to show it off too with a nice smoke show if he wants...500 RWHP and 1100+ ftlbs.

Clay
05-03-2008, 08:38 AM
Sorry, stacks don't belong on Dakota's unless someone puts a diesel in it!

stacks dont belong on anything other than semis and farm tractors. Period.

moparzrule
05-03-2008, 08:48 AM

His truck sounds exactly like a semi anyway.

BTW, I've seen a stack on a single cylinder diesel walk behind snowblower. Funny video, thing was chugging the black smoke throwing the snow like 50 feet!

BadAssPerformance
05-03-2008, 09:28 AM

or little red expressess :D

JeremyL
05-04-2008, 12:04 AM
Lake pipes.

Birddog
05-04-2008, 03:06 PM
I'm starting to think lakers too..
Aside from the negative feedback on the stacks I'd have to relocate the gas tank and a multitude of emissions stuff to do them or to do duals to the rear....

BadAssPerformance
05-04-2008, 03:08 PM
Got a picture of you truck and teh pipes? Might be able to photochop them on for ya... after I do all my husbandly duties like cut F-ing grass :(

TurboRon25
05-04-2008, 03:14 PM
Out the bottom of the bed in front of the rear tire.

Then the tire store won't try to lift your truck by the lakers.

Ron

Birddog
05-04-2008, 04:46 PM
Got a picture of you truck and teh pipes? Might be able to photochop them on for ya... after I do all my husbandly duties like cut F-ing grass :(

I may take ya up on that once I find a set of pipes I like.. Most of them are only 2" inlet???

Have fun in the grass!:thumb: I get to finish a laminate floor today..

Out the bottom of the bed in front of the rear tire.

Then the tire store won't try to lift your truck by the lakers.

Ron

Thought of that too but it'd have to run it through the bed quarter cause the frame hangs so low..