PDA

View Full Version : FWDP at SDAC I assume, any chance for tuning?

minigts
05-02-2008, 11:12 AM
I HOPE to be at SDAC (for the first time ever) this year. If so, will you be able to do any custom tuning on computers previously purchased? I'm not 100% sure, but I think there is no cost to calibrate a computer purchased from FWDP, correct? If so, I'd like to schedule a time to have my car tuned when I'm there if at all possible.

Thanks Cindy!

JamesL
05-02-2008, 12:06 PM
I HOPE to be at SDAC (for the first time ever) this year. If so, will you be able to do any custom tuning on computers previously purchased? I'm not 100% sure, but I think there is no cost to calibrate a computer purchased from FWDP, correct? If so, I'd like to schedule a time to have my car tuned when I'm there if at all possible.

Thanks Cindy!

While we are members, FWD Performance has not exactly been welcomed by the leadership of the National SDAC organization/business. We’ve been told flat out publicly that we are not liked. :( We have in the past been a substantial contributor both as a sponsor and participant of the event. If we are there it will only be for the purpose of enjoying the company of our fellow Shelby/Turbo Dodge enthusiasts and customers.

If you are the original purchaser of the computer from us, You are entitled to one free update. That update could be a result of an improvement we have made on the base calibration or an update based on some useful feedback from you.

ohiorob
05-27-2008, 05:57 AM
While we are members, FWD Performance has not exactly been welcomed by the leadership of the National SDAC organization/business. We’ve been told flat out publicly that we are not liked. :( We have in the past been a substantial contributor both as a sponsor and participant of the event. If we are there it will only be for the purpose of enjoying the company of our fellow Shelby/Turbo Dodge enthusiasts and customers.

Well that sucks :confused2: :(

Blue Iroc R/T
05-27-2008, 11:37 AM
Well that sucks :confused2: :(

+1 :nod:

bradp
05-27-2008, 03:47 PM

If you are the original purchaser of the computer from us, You are entitled to one free update. That update could be a result of an improvement we have made on the base calibration or an update based on some useful feedback from you.

The way I look at it is I think both of you and Barry should sit down and try to mend what has happened. Maybe it's too far gone to talk, but forgive and forget is the motto I try to live by.

Captain Chaos
05-27-2008, 04:35 PM
The way I look at it is I think both of you and Barry should sit down and try to mend what has happened. Maybe it's too far gone to talk, but forgive and forget is the motto I try to live by.

I'm heading up to steal your wagon, please forget!:thumb:

bradp
05-27-2008, 06:04 PM
I'm heading up to steal your wagon, please forget!:thumb:

I may forget after you meet the business end of my Glock:D

moparman76_69
05-27-2008, 09:58 PM

Don't let the grin fool you he's serious.....

crazymadbastard
05-27-2008, 10:04 PM

Man, forget that 5 finger discount visit!:bolt:

ATaylorRacing
05-27-2008, 11:11 PM
Hey Brad, is that what you used to chop down a tree with at that get together?

When I retired from the post office they made me turn in my guns.....but NOT my hollow points!

ATaylorRacing
05-27-2008, 11:17 PM

If nothing else.....you could get together and agree to disagree about the past and start anew:nod:...I likes you all! James, you going to come out in that yellow SRT4 and tackle Matchbox again....or should I bring out the Pit Bull, my stage 2 (as of today) SRT4?:love:

JamesL
05-28-2008, 03:12 PM
I think we have agreed to disagree. I don't think once trust is destroyed that it is possible to genuinely start anew. I forgive, though I haven’t been asked. To forget is some what more difficult. I don’t think I should apologize for suggesting a meeting and a few agenda items and I don’t think Cindy should apologize for suggesting more transparency in club finances. But then, it is not a club, it is a business and therefore none of anyone’s business. I get that now and I don’t think anyone wants to cover it yet again. I think that is what Barry was referring to when he said all we do is start crap.

The yellow SRT-4 is back to stock status and is all but sold. I’ve decided that other then membership dues, we are not providing SDAC, Inc. with any resources under the current regime. So we won’t participate in drag, road or autocross racing. We won’t enter cars in the car show (so much for showing off the birthday car), we won’t throw catered parties for SDAC attendees, we won’t sponsor SDAC convention events, we won’t provide give away items, goody bag stuff or prize money. We are just going to be paid subscribers with our mouths' shut. Barry has never spent a dime with us so I doubt he’d be surprised.

slasky
05-28-2008, 03:50 PM
I think we have agreed to disagree. I don't think once trust is destroyed that it is possible to genuinely start anew. I forgive, though I haven’t been asked. To forget is some what more difficult. I don’t think I should apologize for suggesting a meeting and a few agenda items and I don’t think Cindy should apologize for suggesting more transparency in club finances. But then, it is not a club, it is a business and therefore none of anyone’s business. I get that now and I don’t think anyone wants to cover it yet again. I think that is what Barry was referring to when he said all we do is start crap.

The yellow SRT-4 is back to stock status and is all but sold. I’ve decided that other then membership dues, we are not providing SDAC, Inc. with any resources under the current regime. So we won’t participate in drag, road or autocross racing. We won’t enter cars in the car show (so much for showing off the birthday car), we won’t throw catered parties for SDAC attendees, we won’t sponsor SDAC convention events, we won’t provide give away items, goody bag stuff or prize money. We are just going to be paid subscribers with our mouths' shut. Barry has never spent a dime with us so I doubt he’d be surprised.
SDAC supports our cars and community. I know it is hard to do but if you have problems with the way the club is run, you have to separate the leadership from the organization.
Some people, myself included, like to support the vendors, organizations, and people that support SDAC.

JamesL
05-28-2008, 04:12 PM
SDAC supports our cars and community. I know it is hard to do but if you have problems with the way the club is run, you have to separate the leadership from the organization.
Some people, myself included, like to support the vendors, organizations, and people that support SDAC.

We will continue to support members of SDAC through their local chapters, our ongoing sponsorship efforts and the products we develop, maintain and bring to market. In effect, we've applied your advice.

Aries_Turbo
05-28-2008, 06:13 PM
hmmm.... so let me get this straight.

so barry didnt do exactly what you asked so you got pissed, picked up your toys and went home?

now how does that benefit anyone?

and then when someone asked if you would be at SDAC you come up with this sob story how barry called you names and how he is a big meanie and told everyone on the playground that you arent going to play with him and that he is a poophead cause he wouldnt give you his homework.

what the hell is wrong with you people?!?!?!?!? and I dont mean this at just you FWD. there is alot of gas --- bickering that goes on in this hobby and its getting real old. between this situation, you guys and chris fighting and putting childish $hit in your signatures, rickp and his provocation of TM and SDAC and all the rest if the stupidity im fed up with all the childishness.

GROW UP PEOPLE. ACT YOUR AGE. ALL OF YOU. NOT JUST FWD, ALL OF YOU!!!!!!!!

Brian

Bubba
05-28-2008, 08:25 PM
amen to that.

glhs727
05-28-2008, 08:41 PM
hmmm.... so let me get this straight.

so barry didnt do exactly what you asked so you got pissed, picked up your toys and went home?

now how does that benefit anyone?

and then when someone asked if you would be at SDAC you come up with this sob story how barry called you names and how he is a big meanie and told everyone on the playground that you arent going to play with him and that he is a poophead cause he wouldnt give you his homework.

what the hell is wrong with you people?!?!?!?!? and I dont mean this at just you FWD. there is alot of gas --- bickering that goes on in this hobby and its getting real old. between this situation, you guys and chris fighting and putting childish $hit in your signatures, rickp and his provocation of TM and SDAC and all the rest if the stupidity im fed up with all the childishness.

GROW UP PEOPLE. ACT YOUR AGE. ALL OF YOU. NOT JUST FWD, ALL OF YOU!!!!!!!!

Brian

Where the hell do you get off saying any of that!! Why don't you do some research. The threads of us bickering with TU, none of which we started. We have no choice but to engage when flat out lies are told about us, and presented as facts. I don't see you telling Chris to grow up. We have gone out of our way to avoid conflict on these forums as much as possible. As far as SDAC is concerned, we were one of the first to support their events by paying vendor fees and free product give aways. We never asked for anything from SDAC except for an accounting of where the club funds were spent. And rightfully so, since all we hear is how SDAC never makes money, always in debt, can't do this or that event because of lack of funds. In the 8 years we have sponsored an SDAC event, Barry has not spent one dime with us. How's that for supporting the vendors that support your hobby? He is the one that made disparaging remarks about FWD and me personally, but I guess that is OK too? I didn't see you telling him to grow up. ALL we said was that we were no longer SPONSORING the SDAC event and that IF we go, we would only be going to SDAC as PARTICIPANTS and not sponsors. Maybe you should take some of your own advice and grow up too.
later,
Cindy

bradp
05-28-2008, 09:04 PM
The ship is sinking fast and you are losing more customer's than you are gaining. Trust me on this!!

omni_840
05-28-2008, 09:05 PM
Not to get in the middle of anything but do you share your accounting info with any of your customers? Just b/c I buy something from you does that entitle me to access of your books(I support your company by buying your products).

Honestly I think it is a poor business decision to not offer products for sale at the biggest car convention of the year. Not only does it hurt you, but it punishes your customers.

BadAssPerformance
05-28-2008, 09:25 PM
SDAC finacial information is included in SDAC's "Up Front" newsletter and distibuted for members' information about once a year.

As for Barry buying parts from FED-P? Or anyone else for that matter? I'm pretty sure that Barry's only running Shelby Dodge / Turbo Mopar is his daily driver Daytona which is (and he plans to keep) mostly bone stock. And he has not had time to think about touching his GLH or Shelby Lancer. Other than Topeka which was a shared event (organized more by the SRT folks), how many events has Barry even been able to take one of his SD/TM's to since he's always busy with all the event organizational responsibilities and tasks?

Just my humble observations.

Aries_Turbo
05-28-2008, 09:49 PM
only one ive seen at an event was the daytona last year.

Brian

slasky
05-28-2008, 10:00 PM
Barry busts his a$$ all year for the club and especially during the convention. SDAC takes a lot of work to put together and run. The two SDACs that I have been to have been some of the most fun I have ever had. I think he is doing a fantastic job as do a lot of members. In my opinion, fwd-p is giving him a hard time and he does not deserve that. If you choose not to support the SDAC events you should just not support them. There is no need to bring the drama Llama.

glhs727
05-28-2008, 10:41 PM
Barry busts his a$$ all year for the club and especially during the convention. SDAC takes a lot of work to put together and run. The two SDACs that I have been to have been some of the most fun I have ever had. I think he is doing a fantastic job as do a lot of members. In my opinion, fwd-p is giving him a hard time and he does not deserve that. If you choose not to support the SDAC events you should just not support them. There is no need to bring the drama Llama.

Yes, I agree! Barry does bust his butt to bring everyone a convention each year.
So us being a vendor, sponsor or just being a participant at the event shouldn't matter. I'm not giving him a hard time. But some of you are really over the top in your "opinions" on what you think has transpired.

In case you hadn't read this previous post:

Quote:
We will continue to support members of SDAC through their local chapters, our ongoing sponsorship efforts and the products we develop, maintain and bring to market. In effect, we've applied your advice.

BTW You're telling me in 8 years of TD ownership you haven't needed 1 part LOL.

glhs727
05-28-2008, 10:54 PM
That's funny!! You are on staff here and you can't follow Ken's simple instructions? Now you're mad because I reported your post LOL;)

oh really?

glhs727 (http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/member.php?u=148) has reported a post.

Reason:
Post: walbro 255 in tank pumps (http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?p=313441#post313441)
Forum: Group Buys
Assigned Moderators: N/A

Posted by: Aries_Turbo (http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/member.php?u=5)
Original Content:

:rolleyes: you even reported the post.

you still cry about barry's decision even after being told to stop acting like a crybaby.

i dont know about the rest of you but when i see the timeline of:

-sponsor SDAC events for years
-Have fight with Barry and dont get own way
-Pull support for SDAC events and say that Barry doesnt like you.

I stand by my statements.

Brian

glhs727
05-28-2008, 11:07 PM
Not to get in the middle of anything but do you share your accounting info with any of your customers? Just b/c I buy something from you does that entitle me to access of your books(I support your company by buying your products).

Honestly I think it is a poor business decision to not offer products for sale at the biggest car convention of the year. Not only does it hurt you, but it punishes your customers.

Thanks for your input. (and welcome to the middle)

BadAssPerformance
05-29-2008, 03:49 AM
Yes, I agree! Barry does bust his butt to bring everyone a convention each year.
So us being a vendor, sponsor or just being a participant at the event shouldn't matter. I'm not giving him a hard time. But some of you are really over the top in your "opinions" on what you think has transpired.

It did not matter to most everyone here until the dramatic post below was made in this thread:

This thread was started because one of your customers was hoping you would be an active "vendor" at the national SDAC event. Not necessarily a "sponsor" but a "vendor". Maybe thats why this thread was started in the FWD-P section not the SDAC section? So somehow the above response is blaming SDAC for FWD-P deciding not to have a vendor booth at the event? This is clearly should be more of just a business decision for FWD-P than anything else. From responses in this thread it sounds like FWD-P customers do not care as much about the political garbage as much as they care that they wont be able to buy stuff from FWD-P at SDAC.

I'm not giving him a hard time.

This might sound to some like your (or James actually) are(is) giving Barry a hard time:

SDAC is a club, run like a business, which makes sense cuz it is incorporated as such. Financial information is provided in SDAC's Up Front newsletter and I am sure you could arrange a time to review more in depth numbers if that is needed. From this:

We never asked for anything from SDAC except for an accounting of where the club funds were spent.

it sounds like there is only one issue which can be addressed professionally.

But some of you are really over the top in your "opinions" on what you think has transpired.

All anyone knows of what has transpired is what has been posted on this forum, your opinion, James' opinion and Barry's, and yes, everyone who has read those opinions has made their opinion from them.

Obviously from this comment you made the common opinion of forum readers of 'what has transpired' and your opinion of 'what has transpired' are different.

I really don't think that anyone cares about 'what has transpired' as much as what everyone can do towards going forward for the benefit of the community as a whole.

Aries_Turbo
05-29-2008, 07:40 AM
That's funny!! You are on staff here and you can't follow Ken's simple instructions? Now you're mad because I reported your post LOL;)

i could care less if you report my post. nice attempt at turning your bumbling around into an attack against me. ;)

Brian

Keito
05-29-2008, 08:22 AM
I'm in the sales/customer service department where
I work, and I know our salesmen would kill to have
50% of our customers in one place.
FWD, you should not be attending for the sake of SDAC, but for your customers.

glhs727
05-29-2008, 08:22 AM
This thread was started because one of your customers was hoping you would be an active "vendor" at the national SDAC event. Not necessarily a "sponsor" but a "vendor". Maybe thats why this thread was started in the FWD-P section not the SDAC section? So somehow the above response is blaming SDAC for FWD-P deciding not to have a vendor booth at the event? This is clearly should be more of just a business decision for FWD-P than anything else. From responses in this thread it sounds like FWD-P customers do not care as much about the political garbage as much as they care that they wont be able to buy stuff from FWD-P at SDAC.

mmm.... JT maybe you could explain what the difference is between a vendor at the event and a sponser? In all the past events, those terms were used interchangably and meant the same thing. But if you are saying someone can be a vendor there but not a sponsor, then an explaination would be nice.
Thanks,
Cindy

Clay
05-29-2008, 08:23 AM
sponsor - pays money to the event to help fund it

vendor - shows up and sells parts/services

or maybe Im being to simplistic?

JamesL
05-29-2008, 09:07 AM

No and we are not asking. We’ve understood SDAC’s position on it for sometime now. This thread isn’t about that. It’s simply about the fact that we are not going to be at SDAC in any capacity other then as a member. A customer asked and we answered and if I hadn’t explained why, someone would have asked that. I probably should have waited for the question before expounding. All this is nonsense now and some angry people just want to get their shots in.

As far as a bad business decision, I would say that you are not equipped with the same knowledge and experience that we are on this subject. It is actually quite expensive to haul across the country with a trailer full of goodies that people don’t buy. I’d rather bring a car and have fun. We won’t support a persons business who stated rather clearly that he doesn’t like us. Would you? Isn’t our right to make that decision?

JamesL
05-29-2008, 09:12 AM
sponsor - pays money to the event to help fund it

vendor - shows up and sells parts/services

or maybe Im being to simplistic?

No, I think that nails it. We won't be doing either. Its to expensive to haul a trailer full of parts across the country and offer them to you at a fair price. As a sponsor lets just say we've left feeling a little unappreciated and disliked by the leadership.

JamesL
05-29-2008, 09:19 AM
I'm in the sales/customer service department where
I work, and I know our salesmen would kill to have
50% of our customers in one place.
FWD, you should not be attending for the sake of SDAC, but for your customers.

Yes, that is a good point. For a larger market/event that might be true. We don't have 50% of our customer base at the event; more like 1-3%. Our experience with hauling parts across the country for numerous SDAC events has proven to be a poor expenditure of capital.

JamesL
05-29-2008, 10:02 AM
It did not matter to most everyone here until the dramatic post below was made in this thread:

I disagree JT. The whole thread was pretty quite until Brian piped in with his uninformed opinions. It opened on 5/2 and was quite until 5/27. I answered the question and then explained why. As I said in an earlier post, I probably should have waited for the why question before expounding on the reasons and I could have limited my response to vendor issues only. I felt that other folks would want to know if we were going to throw a party or provide door gifts and the other things we would have normally done. Perhaps I got ahead of myself answering some questions I expected to see and in this way avoiding the back and forth on the list. Man was I wrong. I certainly wasn’t looking for anymore drama. It’s water under the bridge now. Some folks with good intentions suggested we make peace with Barry. I don’t completely disagree, but I believe it is Barry that needs to make peace with us. He has not and has not asked us to help support the event. That is his business decision to make. In my responses to these suggestions I explained why it would be a difficult road back. That should have been the end of the story.

You are right, its not SDAC’s fault we are not going to be an active vendor. It’s the economics. It is expensive and people don’t buy what we bring. It is Barry’s fault that we are not going to provide sponsorship resources or participate in the various events. Would you open your wallet to someone who shouted from the roof tops that he didn’t like you? I don’t mind not being liked, it’s the two faced nature of it all that gets me. It doesn’t mean that much to me that Barry does not like Cindy or myself. That is his problem. I will not be a dupe though and pay the man for it. Now that its all been discussed, reiterated and debated, can we just move on? SDAC will be a fun event and I’m looking forward to just kicking back and enjoying it instead of trying to work it.

omni_840
05-29-2008, 10:10 AM
As far as a bad business decision, I would say that you are not equipped with the same knowledge and experience that we are on this subject. It is actually quite expensive to haul across the country with a trailer full of goodies that people don’t buy. I’d rather bring a car and have fun. We won’t support a persons business who stated rather clearly that he doesn’t like us. Would you? Isn’t our right to make that decision?

Actually I do have experience in this. I work for a privatley owned Underground Mining Equipment Co. and we are bringing a piece of equipment from Va to Las Vegas, Nevada for a Coal Show. Sure it will be expensive, but our company feels it is beneficial to gain exposure as well as capture our target audience.

My point was that its not only hurting you but YOUR customers

contraption22
05-29-2008, 10:19 AM
You are right, its not SDAC’s fault we are not going to be an active vendor. It’s the economics. It is expensive and people don’t buy what we bring. It is Barry’s fault that we are not going to provide sponsorship resources or participate in the various events. Would you open your wallet to someone who shouted from the roof tops that he didn’t like you? I don’t mind not being liked, it’s the two faced nature of it all that gets me. It doesn’t mean that much to me that Barry does not like Cindy or myself. That is his problem. I will not be a dupe though and pay the man for it. Now that its all been discussed, reiterated and debated, can we just move on? SDAC will be a fun event and I’m looking forward to just kicking back and enjoying it instead of trying to work it.

So just so I have this straight. You have disagreements with the president of SDAC, so as one of the few vendors for the community, you have decided to pull support of the sole national event. How does this look to the members of SDAC (aka your customers)? Seems a bit like cutting off your nose to spite your face. However, your disagreements with the president do not cut you so deep that you are not willing to enjoy the fruits of his labor by attending the convention as SDAC members.....

JamesL
05-29-2008, 10:19 AM
Actually I do have experience in this. I work for a privatley owned Underground Mining Equipment Co. and we are bringing a piece of equipment from Va to Las Vegas, Nevada for a Coal Show. Sure it will be expensive, but our company feels it is beneficial to gain exposure as well as capture our target audience.

Call it economies of scale. Its an upside down proposition for this small of an event and our operation. Mining is big business. If I were in the drilling business I'd be at the Offshore Technology Conference as a vendor too. I think they get about 60,000 people at that conference here in Houston.

JamesL
05-29-2008, 10:36 AM
So just so I have this straight. You have disagreements with the president of SDAC, so as one of the few vendors for the community, you have decided to pull support of the sole national event. How does this look to the members of SDAC (aka your customers)? Seems a bit like cutting off your nose to spite your face. However, your disagreements with the president do not cut you so deep that you are not willing to enjoy the fruits of his labor by attending the convention as SDAC members.....

SDAC, Inc. is a privately owned and operated company. If that company doesn't want to do business with us that is Barry's decision to make. He has not called and asked so I assume he doesn't need/want the money. Depending on his approach anything is possible. It is true that we are not volunteering or seeking him out as we have had to do in the past. Its his event. If he needs sponsor support then he needs to get busy? Has anyone been contacted about support? If so, then that says it all. I'm sure it seems to you like this should be a big marketing event for us. It’s not. It cost us a lot of money and in the 8 years we've done it, the only detectable trend is on the cost side of the ledger. As paid members of SDAC shouldn't we be welcome to enjoy the event just like you?

1FastCSX289
05-29-2008, 10:47 AM
As a sponsor lets just say we've left feeling a little unappreciated and disliked by the leadership.

I really liked those meatballs at your party last year. You should at least show up with those.

contraption22
05-29-2008, 11:07 AM
SDAC, Inc. is a privately owned and operated company. If that company doesn't want to do business with us that is Barry's decision to make. He has not called and asked so I assume he doesn't need/want the money. Depending on his approach anything is possible. It is true that we are not volunteering or seeking him out as we have had to do in the past. Its his event. If he needs sponsor support then he needs to get busy? Has anyone been contacted about support? If so, then that says it all. I'm sure it seems to you like this should be a big marketing event for us. It’s not. It cost us a lot of money and in the 8 years we've done it, the only detectable trend is on the cost side of the ledger. As paid members of SDAC shouldn't we be welcome to enjoy the event just like you?

Well then you answered my questions. You are not supporting the event because it has not been profitable for you to do so. That is very different than which which I had percieved, which was that you are not supporting the event because of differences with the club leadership. Certainly you can understand the confusion by re-reading your previous posts in this thread.

As an enthusiast, and a dues paying member, I see no reason not to attend and participate. See you there.

omni_840
05-29-2008, 11:12 AM
You forgot to quote the main point of my last post

My point was that its not only hurting you but YOUR customers

The way I see it is you have a problem with only 1 person, not the entire community.

JamesL
05-29-2008, 11:16 AM
Well then you answered my questions. You are not supporting the event because it has not been profitable for you to do so. That is very different than which which I had percieved, which was that you are not supporting the event because of differences with the club leadership. Certainly you can understand the confusion by re-reading your previous posts in this thread.

As an enthusiast, and a dues paying member, I see no reason not to attend and participate. See you there.

Again, there are numerous reasons the first of which is we haven't been asked.

JamesL
05-29-2008, 11:20 AM
You forgot to quote the main point of my last post

The way I see it is you have a problem with only 1 person, not the entire community.

Very few people actually buy anything at the event.
That one person owns and operates SDAC and it is through his action and inaction that the whole community is affected.

JamesL
05-29-2008, 11:31 AM
I really liked those meatballs at your party last year. You should at least show up with those.

Meatballs were awesome and the chicken was pretty good too. There were obviously some favorites but by the time the party broke for the parking lot, 95% of the food was consumed and there was plenty of beer to share. Heck, I used some of it to wet the pavement down for burnouts :thumb:. That isn't alcohol abuse is it? It was for burnouts after all.:)

sdac guy
05-29-2008, 11:32 AM
It is true that we are not volunteering or seeking him out as we have had to do in the past. Its his event. If he needs sponsor support then he needs to get busy? Has anyone been contacted about support?
I wasn't going to post at all in this thread but you are supporting a lie above that I can't let pass. Last issue of Up Front, page 2, bottom left corner (large type).

We have had numerous responses since that was mailed and we currently have 2 sponsors lined up. Some of the smaller vendors (micro vendors) have decided to support SDAC in other ways than money (the same as they have done in the past).

You cannot claim you were not contacted when you merely choose to ignore the contact.

Barry

JamesL
05-29-2008, 11:51 AM
I wasn't going to post at all in this thread but you are supporting a lie above that I can't let pass. Last issue of Up Front, page 2, bottom left corner (large type).

We have had numerous responses since that was mailed and we currently have 2 sponsors lined up. Some of the smaller vendors (micro vendors) have decided to support SDAC in other ways than money (the same as they have done in the past).

You cannot claim you were not contacted when you merely choose to ignore the contact.

Barry

Thats funny. That's your idea of contacting us? A blurb in the news letter. Very personal touch. I like your style. So there you have it folks.

glhs727
05-29-2008, 11:53 AM

exactly! that is why, if we go, we will be attending as an enthusiast and dues paying member.

1FastCSX289
05-29-2008, 12:14 PM
exactly! that is why, if we go, we will be attending as an enthusiast and dues paying member.

Just dont forget the meatballs. Seriously.

:eyebrows:

88_pacifica
05-29-2008, 12:17 PM
Just dont forget the meatballs. Seriously.

:eyebrows:

dude.. you're on a diet and you can't do that. You have to "body double" for Harrison in the next Indiana Jones episode... ;) :thumb:

sdac guy
05-29-2008, 12:26 PM
Thats funny. That's your idea of contacting us? A blurb in the news letter. Very personal touch. I like your style. So there you have it folks.Well at least now you are admitting that a notice did go out. That's some progress!

But you want the personal touch James??? I still have the emails we exchanged back in September after your posts on TD made it clear you would NOT be supporting SDAC anymore. And those emails only reaffirmed what you wrote on TD. After all that, why on earth would I contact you privately to ask for your support again? "Oh please reconsider Mr Lindsay, pretty please with sugar on top" is that what you wanted? Well, you're not gonna to get it. :lol:

And as I have told you (and the wifey) before, many times, the newsletter is how I distribute information to ALL our members. Everyone else seems to get that message, why don't you??

Barry

1FastCSX289
05-29-2008, 12:29 PM
dude.. you're on a diet and you can't do that. You have to "body double" for Harrison in the next Indiana Jones episode... ;) :thumb:

I wont be anywhere close to a diet the week of SDAC. Im coming in light so I can pack on a few lbs! :lol:

:focus:

JamesL
05-29-2008, 03:36 PM
Well at least now you are admitting that a notice did go out. That's some progress!

But you want the personal touch James??? I still have the emails we exchanged back in September after your posts on TD made it clear you would NOT be supporting SDAC anymore. And those emails only reaffirmed what you wrote on TD. After all that, why on earth would I contact you privately to ask for your support again? "Oh please reconsider Mr Lindsay, pretty please with sugar on top" is that what you wanted? Well, you're not gonna to get it. :lol:

And as I have told you (and the wifey) before, many times, the newsletter is how I distribute information to ALL our members. Everyone else seems to get that message, why don't you??

Barry

Well Barry in your post you said it was in the news letter. I'll take your word for it as I have not seen it.

Those emails followed this jewel of a post
Originally Posted by sdac guy
"Many others do help. I've just never asked for your help, and that is because I don't like you."

You got your panties in a wad over some simple suggestions that spurred some pretty positive dialogue IMO. To bad you let your ego get in the way.
Its your convention Barry and your business. If you don't think an apology is in order and you can't bring yourself to call potential sponsors...what else can I say? I think your doing the community a disservice with your poor business decisions.

minigts
05-29-2008, 03:57 PM

This thread was started because one of your customers was hoping you would be an active "vendor" at the national SDAC event. Not necessarily a "sponsor" but a "vendor". ...

Wow, you turn off notifications for a thread and LOOK what happens! :D

Yeah, I was just wanting to know if FWDP would be there as my car needs some tuning from the cal I got a while back. I finally got all my stuff kinda working right and just wanted to see if some fine tuning could be done as I thought I could get it tuned/tweaked because I bought the computer.

I honestly wasn't aware of what the situation was/is, otherwise I would have just called and talked to Cindy directly. I didn't mean to air out anything that had been tucked away somewhere. :confused2:

JamesL
05-29-2008, 04:03 PM
Wow, you turn off notifications for a thread and LOOK what happens! :D

Yeah, I was just wanting to know if FWDP would be there as my car needs some tuning from the cal I got a while back. I finally got all my stuff kinda working right and just wanted to see if some fine tuning could be done as I thought I could get it tuned/tweaked because I bought the computer.

I honestly wasn't aware of what the situation was/is, otherwise I would have just called and talked to Cindy directly. I didn't mean to air out anything that had been tucked away somewhere. :confused2:

Yea, my bad minigts. If I had just said no, I would have expected someone to ask why so I answered both. I should have stuck to just no.

minigts
05-29-2008, 04:10 PM
No biggie, just wasn't planning on making it to Dallas anytime soon. :) I know where you are coming from and I'm sure someone would have asked, maybe made a comment that would have led to this eventually. Everyone has an opinion, so next time I'll consider my post before I actually do. :thumb:

sdac guy
05-29-2008, 04:58 PM
Those emails followed this jewel of a post
Originally Posted by sdac guy
"Many others do help. I've just never asked for your help, and that is because I don't like you."

One thing about it. I can still stand by that statement. Yeppers, that about sums it up!! :lol::lol:

But remember this, the only reason I dislike you and your wife is because of threads like this where you accuse me of things I haven't done and when the facts don't suit your cause, you make stuff up just like you did here. This has been the pattern of your online actions toward me for a couple years now, and I'm just sick and tired of it, and YOU.

Barry

crazymadbastard
05-29-2008, 05:02 PM
Hey James instead of wasting your time and great talents on this thread get off the internet and pick up the phone! I want to give you more money :p
Thanks
Winston

JamesL
05-29-2008, 05:15 PM
Hey James instead of wasting your time and great talents on this thread get off the internet and pick up the phone! I want to give you more money :p
Thanks
Winston

LOL, I'm actually working three computers here. I've gotten pretty busy with an IT project I'm working on. I've had to let Cindy and Kevyn take care of the shop. Is no one answering over there? Cindy probably had to leave to pick up our daughter. She usually forwards the phone though.

JamesL
05-29-2008, 05:18 PM
One thing about it. I can still stand by that statement. Yeppers, that about sums it up!! :lol::lol:

But remember this, the only reason I dislike you and your wife is because of threads like this where you accuse me of things I haven't done and when the facts don't suit your cause, you make stuff up just like you did here. This has been the pattern of your online actions toward me for a couple years now, and I'm just sick and tired of it, and YOU.

Barry

It's all lies, lies, lies...LOL. Yea, whatever.

glhs727
05-29-2008, 05:40 PM
Thanks
Winston

PM sent

BadAssPerformance
05-29-2008, 06:03 PM
mmm.... JT maybe you could explain what the difference is between a vendor at the event and a sponser? In all the past events, those terms were used interchangably and meant the same thing. But if you are saying someone can be a vendor there but not a sponsor, then an explaination would be nice.
Thanks,
Cindy

Clay explained the difference in Post #31 of this thread.

I disagree JT. The whole thread was pretty quite until Brian piped in with his uninformed opinions. It opened on 5/2 and was quite until 5/27. I answered the question and then explained why. As I said in an earlier post, I probably should have waited for the why question before expounding on the reasons and I could have limited my response to vendor issues only. I felt that other folks would want to know if we were going to throw a party or provide door gifts and the other things we would have normally done. Perhaps I got ahead of myself answering some questions I expected to see and in this way avoiding the back and forth on the list. Man was I wrong. I certainly wasn’t looking for anymore drama. It’s water under the bridge now. Some folks with good intentions suggested we make peace with Barry. I don’t completely disagree, but I believe it is Barry that needs to make peace with us. He has not and has not asked us to help support the event. That is his business decision to make. In my responses to these suggestions I explained why it would be a difficult road back. That should have been the end of the story.

So you disagree with my comment that your comment created drama, yet then kinda agree later on:

Yea, my bad minigts. If I had just said no, I would have expected someone to ask why so I answered both. I should have stuck to just no.

Whatever... the real reason for not being a vendor at SDAC , "the economics" did come out in your quoted post above, and I can totally understand that with our crappy economy and expensive gas prices.

It just upsets me that the real reason, that came out later, could have been the reason posted in post #2 instead.

glhs727
05-29-2008, 06:36 PM
Please reread this statement you quoted above by James:

You are right, its not SDAC’s fault we are not going to be an active vendor. It’s the economics. It is expensive and people don’t buy what we bring. It is Barry’s fault that we are not going to provide sponsorship resources or participate in the various events.

So, we are not SPONSORS the event because of Barry's attitude.
We will not be VENDORS because there is no economic reason to do so.
If you want to nitpick the differences vendor vs sponsor, whatever.....but

If you go all the way back to the beginning you will see that we have said all along that we are not sponsoring the event. In the past we have always sponsored the event, and although sometimes we brought stuff to sell, it was all wrapped up in one designation, SPONSOR. it wasn't until this thread that appearantly, you can be a vendor at SDAC but NOT sponsor the event. When did that change? But it is good info to know. How much to be a vendor? Just pay $10 for the swap meet?
later,
Cindy

sdac guy
05-29-2008, 07:06 PM
.... In the past we have always sponsored the event, and although sometimes we brought stuff to sell, it was all wrapped up in one designation, SPONSOR. it wasn't until this thread that appearantly, you can be a vendor at SDAC but NOT sponsor the event. When did that change? SDAC13 was the first time we offered sponsorship. But that year, you missed the the email I sent to you, TU, & FM (personal notices). And you missed the blurb in the newsletter also. Don't you recall cornering me at SDAC13 at breakfast one morning with your shorts in a bunch because TU had a flyer in the goody bag that mentioned his sponsorship?? And when you finished and went back to your table, your husband came over and gnawed on my ear for a while.

And just like now, you later blamed me because you didn't get the notice (you ignored the email and the newsletter). So your first year sponsoring an event (where you paid money for promotional consideration) was at SDAC14.

To get it straight, you have not been a sponsor all along, only for SDAC's 14 thru 17. But all along you have been very generous toward the attendees providing a good sized amount of items for the door prizes, that part is true. Last year instead of door prizes, you provided items for the goody bags (still nice items though).

But it is good info to know. How much to be a vendor? Just pay $10 for the swap meet?
Not even that. Swap meet participation is included in the registration fee.

Barry

minigts
05-29-2008, 11:57 PM
I kinda feel like "Vegetable Lasagna" sitting between Putty and Elaine at this moment. :blink:

MopàrBCN
05-30-2008, 06:15 AM
Good morning America !!!

After an hour of some interesting entertainment I can not help publishing some thoughts:

1. The Turbo Dodge Community nearly does not exist outside the US and even in the US is pretty small compared to others - This is a fact

2. Anyone having a heart for this type of cars - no matter where on this planet - Is relying on a hand full of vendors and a lesser number of clubs to get information, support and parts - not to speak about friends.....

The sad status quo is:
1. The mother of our cars Mrs.Mopar does not give a ---- about them. So relying on Chrysler Corp leaves us in the air.
2. Mr Shelby is mainly interested in his relationship with Ford. Understandable to a point but does not help us a lot
3. We have wars between the few vendors who claim to care resulting in:

- that we get fuel pumps a little cheaper
- that we get some entertainment following the threads

INSTEAD OF

- bundling individual strength for better products
- more efficient distribution of useful tecnical information

4. We have war between Club and Vendor

resulting in some sad entertainment - NOTHING MORE

---> The result is: Lot of emotions wasted and the one for whom all this is claimed to be made (the customer and owner of the TD Car) has nothing from it at all!!!

There is a lot of speak about the "Community" and Supporting it from all sides. If anyone of the involved parties is really concerned about the community then they should put the human factor aside and concentrate on what really benefits the community.

If anyone involved really cares about the community then my suggestion would be this:

- All of you meet at this SDAC event (Vendors/Clubs ... note, I used the plural for vendors!)
- All of you forget for this moment that you don't like each other and concentrate on what really cares: How to support the community and how to archieve that our cars will be on the road for a long time to come.
- All of you should agree at least on a code of cohabitation which everybody adheres to. That should include to stop bashing each other in the internet.
- Cindy prepares the meetballs, Chris brings some Drinks along and Barry provides Location and dishes IT'S THAT EASY IF ONE WANT'S IT TO BE HAPPENING

If I had free wish I would like to see TU and FWD competitors but for example bundle resources for products which need fabrication. If you take this type of car serious like I do, it will allways be that I have a favourite vendor, but it is impossible to live without the others. Both vendors I am sure have the same type of customer like I am. There will be people buying more from TU others more from FWD.

And finally: frankly, if I were to go to that SDAC Event and would see TU present but FWD not, it would leave a bad taste with me being customer of FWD.

briceturbosports
05-30-2008, 08:11 AM
can't we all just get along ? :amen:

1 bad day
05-30-2008, 08:46 AM
Whoever said it is hurting there business must be thinking to themselves, cause i got parts to order and cindy is great with questions and for helping me figure out what I need to get for my daytona.

ok, im gonna go drool over some more stuff on there site....have fun...

ding ding...round 28

Frank
05-30-2008, 08:55 AM
Good morning America !!!

After an hour of some interesting entertainment I can not help publishing some thoughts:

1. The Turbo Dodge Community nearly does not exist outside the US and even in the US is pretty small compared to others - This is a fact

2. Anyone having a heart for this type of cars - no matter where on this planet - Is relying on a hand full of vendors and a lesser number of clubs to get information, support and parts - not to speak about friends.....

The sad status quo is:
1. The mother of our cars Mrs.Mopar does not give a ---- about them. So relying on Chrysler Corp leaves us in the air.
2. Mr Shelby is mainly interested in his relationship with Ford. Understandable to a point but does not help us a lot
3. We have wars between the few vendors who claim to care resulting in:

- that we get fuel pumps a little cheaper
- that we get some entertainment following the threads

INSTEAD OF

- bundling individual strength for better products
- more efficient distribution of useful tecnical information

4. We have war between Club and Vendor

resulting in some sad entertainment - NOTHING MORE

---> The result is: Lot of emotions wasted and the one for whom all this is claimed to be made (the customer and owner of the TD Car) has nothing from it at all!!!

There is a lot of speak about the "Community" and Supporting it from all sides. If anyone of the involved parties is really concerned about the community then they should put the human factor aside and concentrate on what really benefits the community.

If anyone involved really cares about the community then my suggestion would be this:

- All of you meet at this SDAC event (Vendors/Clubs ... note, I used the plural for vendors!)
- All of you forget for this moment that you don't like each other and concentrate on what really cares: How to support the community and how to archieve that our cars will be on the road for a long time to come.
- All of you should agree at least on a code of cohabitation which everybody adheres to. That should include to stop bashing each other in the internet.
- Cindy prepares the meetballs, Chris brings some Drinks along and Barry provides Location and dishes IT'S THAT EASY IF ONE WANT'S IT TO BE HAPPENING

If I had free wish I would like to see TU and FWD competitors but for example bundle resources for products which need fabrication. If you take this type of car serious like I do, it will allways be that I have a favourite vendor, but it is impossible to live without the others. Both vendors I am sure have the same type of customer like I am. There will be people buying more from TU others more from FWD.

And finally: frankly, if I were to go to that SDAC Event and would see TU present but FWD not, it would leave a bad taste with me being customer of FWD.

Well said!

clarkwhoracing
05-30-2008, 09:21 AM
Seeing this stuff almost makes me want to go back to fords.... or even give chevys a chance....

:fencing:

minigts
05-30-2008, 09:55 AM
Seeing this stuff almost makes me want to go back to fords.... or even give chevys a chance....

:fencing:

We will :censored: you didn't say that...

clarkwhoracing
05-30-2008, 09:56 AM
We will :censored: you didn't say that...

LOL.... thats funny since the money comes out of my pocket.....

88_pacifica
05-30-2008, 10:08 AM
Buick has a solid rep, swing on through... ;) :nod: :thumb:

glhs727
05-30-2008, 10:20 AM
yes, those are some very nice suggestions, not only from Christian but to the others that have added a good suggestion as well.
And maybe someday, it will be a perfect world where all can get along, and we can all work together to make this hobby great, maybe increase membership in sdac, and maybe even join resources. A very nice thought indeed. Unfortuneltly, the event isn't being help in Utopia. FWD has never said never, and maybe in the future we will come back on board as sponsors. In the meantime, James and I will still be members and as such still go to the event as individuals and not necessarily as a business. We still support lots of the members, (and non-members) of sdac and that will not change.
Later,
Cindy

minigts
05-30-2008, 11:02 AM
LOL.... thats funny since the money comes out of my pocket.....

Actually, it was supposed to be pretend, but I still had the word highlighted when I picked the censor emoticon. :D

Aries_Turbo
05-30-2008, 11:22 PM
The whole thread was pretty quite until Brian piped in with his amazing awesomeness.

fixed ;)

GLHSKEN
05-31-2008, 10:19 AM
yes, those are some very nice suggestions, not only from Christian but to the others that have added a good suggestion as well.
And maybe someday, it will be a perfect world where all can get along, and we can all work together to make this hobby great, maybe increase membership in sdac, and maybe even join resources. A very nice thought indeed. Unfortuneltly, the event isn't being help in Utopia. FWD has never said never, and maybe in the future we will come back on board as sponsors. In the meantime, James and I will still be members and as such still go to the event as individuals and not necessarily as a business. We still support lots of the members, (and non-members) of sdac and that will not change.
Later,
Cindy

And that sums everything up nicely Cindy... NOW, why do people keep pushing this issue??? I'll tell you why:

While the silent majority are turned off by all this... There are those that like controversy...

Please do not feed the monster...

cordes
05-31-2008, 10:30 AM
In regard to the original question, why not just bring a chip burner and a laptop so you can tweak a couple of cals?

minigts
06-01-2008, 01:24 AM
I'm going to do that, just need some direction. I plan to listen and learn as much as I can when at SDAC this year. I have all the instructions on how to socket a SMEC, so once I get some direction, I'll be good to go.

cordes
06-01-2008, 01:25 AM
Sorry, I guess I should have been more specific. The question was directed at FWD. Nothing wrong with doing it on your own too though.

minigts
06-01-2008, 01:31 AM
Oh.... ::cool: I knew that.., I mean, of course you were talking to them...

The Pope
06-02-2008, 11:44 PM
And that sums everything up nicely Cindy... NOW, why do people keep pushing this issue??? I'll tell you why:

While the silent majority are turned off by all this... There are those that like controversy...

Please do not feed the monster...

I think it is amusing to hear people threat that FWD would lose business from a little conflict. Fact is like what has been said there are only a handfull of TD vendors out there, basically the "only ice water in the desert". So the idea that people would basically stop loving there car and giving it what it needs because the only vendor has a little conflict online is too funny. An example, I don't get a long with Chris at TU. Personality difference? Who knows or cares, do I buy from Chris? Duh, where else would I get the cast header and 3" SV? On the other hand I get a long with and like Cindy and I like a lot of the stuff she sells. Now would I have 2 trim cals and many other cals if I couldn't stand her? Sure, because how you feel personally about the vendor has no bearing on there products. So sell the good stuff and they'll come, only restricted by whats in stock :)

Now if you need to show off that sweet birthday car I suggest going to the Shelby shows in Vagas and the Texas areas, we need the showing. As far as you hurting the customers by not being a vendor at SDAC? Are serious? You guys go on vacation and it is like the sky is falling around here. You need to stay back there working and shipping and answering the phones :thumb:

turbovanman²
06-03-2008, 01:19 PM
No, I think that nails it. We won't be doing either. Its to expensive to haul a trailer full of parts across the country and offer them to you at a fair price. As a sponsor lets just say we've left feeling a little unappreciated and disliked by the leadership.

Yes, that is a good point. For a larger market/event that might be true. We don't have 50% of our customer base at the event; more like 1-3%. Our experience with hauling parts across the country for numerous SDAC events has proven to be a poor expenditure of capital.

Very few people actually buy anything at the event.
That one person owns and operates SDAC and it is through his action and inaction that the whole community is affected.

Wow, we have 2 major Turbo mopar vendors-one will be there, one will not. There will be drag racing so things will break or people will go, I want to go faster, what can I buy. You have an oportunity to help your customers and get some R@D for your cals REAL TIME. Its your loss not to race, do the show or not show up but your reasoning for not going is pathetic and blaming SDAC for not wanting to go is childish at best and the worst part, your customers are losing out big time.

BTW, I buy from both vendors so no bias on my part.

Turbodave
06-03-2008, 02:17 PM
Wow, we have 2 major Turbo mopar vendors-one will be there, one will not. There will be drag racing so things will break or people will go, I want to go faster, what can I buy. You have an oportunity to help your customers and get some R@D for your cals REAL TIME. Its your loss not to race, do the show or not show up but your reasoning for not going is pathetic and blaming SDAC for not wanting to go is childish at best and the worst part, your customers are losing out big time.

BTW, I buy from both vendors so no bias on my part.

Simon, Maybe your nose doesn't work, but I think the horse you are trying to beat has been dead for a while now...

I've been a long time customer of FWD and have been an SDAC-Member since I was into these cars as well. I don't always agree with everything Cindy and James say, nor do I agree with Barry on everything. I do however believe that they all are interested in trying to do what's right for the community, it's the fact that they are passionate about that and have different ideas on how to achieve things that causes conflict. There's nothing wrong with opposing viewpoints it's what drives new ideas and progress.

Bickering doesn't help anyone however, and I do wish that it would stop, it just makes everybody look bad to the community. FWD has been very generous to the atendees of the SDAC Convention in years past and I know personally it has been much appreciated. They've helped sponsor our club car and have done a lot for many other people as well. I'm amazed that they have been able to stay in business supporting such a small market and have been impressed to see them grow over the years.

Barry does a great job as well, I'm active in the leadership of a local club that has a membership similar to the size of SDAC. Barry accomplishes by himself what it takes a dozen people to do in our club. Once a club reaches a certain size it gets to be impossible to please everybody, and I've seen way more drama in our local club than has ever come out of SDAC. We've also seen a big decrease in Sponsors at our local shows this year, Big sponsors that used to donate thousands, now can only afford a few hundred, some have dropped out entirely. The economy is tight right now and more than ever people are watching what they spend, sponsors and vendors included.

While it would be great to see the FWD trailer in the parking lot full of shiny new parts I have to admit that I'm guilty of not buying anything from them at many conventions. Usually it's a matter of having just spend money on gas, hotel, event registration and what-not that keeps me from spending extra. However I do like seeing the "what's new" parts in person, that helps drive my buying decisions throughout the year. It's sad they can't bring everything to the event this year (especially the meatballs and hot wings), but I understand the decision. Hopefully their financial responisbility will keep them in business for years to come, because parts for these cars certainly aren't going to get easier to find.

And maybe someday, it will be a perfect world where all can get along, and we can all work together to make this hobby great, maybe increase membership in sdac, and maybe even join resources. A very nice thought indeed. Unfortuneltly, the event isn't being help in Utopia.

Maybe Utopia, TX could be a possiblity for SDAC-19, it's only 4 hours west of FWD;)

Anyhow I'm looking forward to seeing everyone at SDAC-18, only 17days and I've got a lot of wrenching to do between now and then.