PDA

View Full Version : Billet fuel rail 2pc #FWD 7-0823

Sloride
05-01-2008, 05:00 PM
Hi Cindy!

I have a quick question, I seem to have lost the Allan screw that keeps the FPR mount from sliding around. Before i start to tear the rail off and play the matching game at the hardware store, do you by chance know what size+thread the little bugger is??

iTurbo
05-01-2008, 05:05 PM
You mean your bracket actually screws down to the rail? I have the FWDP rail and the FPR bracket isn't held down by anything. Not sure if they forgot to drill/tap for a screw to hold it down or what?? I'm surprised it's never leaked, but the FPR sure moves around a lot! I would like to know the size+thread too.

Captain Chaos
05-01-2008, 05:11 PM
You mean your bracket actually screws down to the rail? I have the FWDP rail and the FPR bracket isn't held down by anything. Not sure if they forgot to drill/tap for a screw to hold it down or what?? I'm surprised it's never leaked, but the FPR sure moves around a lot! I would like to know the size+thread too.

:confused: Mine has a horsehoe or "U" shaped bracket that keeps the fpr attached.
http://www.fwdperformance.com/store/images/products/2pcfuelrail.jpg

iTurbo
05-01-2008, 06:11 PM
Mine has the same horseshoe bracket, but is doesn't screw down to the rail. There are no holes in the bracket or rail for a screw. The FPR is held onto the bracket with screws, but the bracket moves around on the rail.

Captain Chaos
05-01-2008, 09:40 PM
Mine has the same horseshoe bracket, but is doesn't screw down to the rail. There are no holes in the bracket or rail for a screw. The FPR is held onto the bracket with screws, but the bracket moves around on the rail.

Oh, I see, creating a "pinch" on the rail.:thumb:

iTurbo
05-01-2008, 10:09 PM
Well it doesn't leak, but as much as the FPR can still move around I wonder if it's a fire hazard? I would feel a lot better if the bracket didn't move around on the rail. Seems like whoever made the rail (LWP??) forgot to finish it by adding the bracket screw. I already had to send one back because they tapped the NPT ports on the end so deep they wouldn't seal and leaked fuel all over the place.

John B
05-01-2008, 11:51 PM
Did anyone else have to grind reliefs into the rail for the harness injector connectors?

iTurbo
05-01-2008, 11:57 PM
Didn't have to do that, but the injector connectors did run really close to the rail. I did have to grind on the horseshoe FPR bracket....when I tightened down the FPR, the edges of the bracket wanted to hit the body of the FPR.

glhs727
05-03-2008, 06:45 PM
Jeremy,
Your's was one of our first rails to go out. We have made some miner design changes since then. Feel free to send it back and we can update the bracket for you.
Yes, we now use a set screw for the bracket. Sloride, if you need another just call and ask.
John, you are the first to say they had to grind the rail to fit the connectors. I have installed a few at the shop and have never had to grind, so if you are having any issue, let us know how we can help.
Thanks,
Cindy
PS, we have posted previously that the forums are not the best place to ask a question on specific products, so if anyone has a question in the future please call us directly for an answer.

iTurbo
05-04-2008, 08:46 PM
Ok thanks Cindy that would be great! I can send it off this week. The rail hasn't leaked at the FPR O-ring and it's always worked great. If I didn't like it I wouldn't have bought three! I'll have to check my other ones for the bracket screw.

Sloride
05-04-2008, 09:44 PM
Sloride, if you need another just call and ask.

Thanks,
Cindy

I had called before posting and spoke to a nice gentleman who told me that he could send another screw, i was just hoping someone knew offhand the size so i could hit up the local store for another rather then wait out the mailman.

... i have a few more things to order though... so ill ask then.

Thanks. :)

John B
05-05-2008, 05:22 AM
John, you are the first to say they had to grind the rail to fit the connectors.

It wasn't a real problem. My +40s are a bit shorter than stock injectors and the electrical connectors touched the rail. It probably wouldn't ever cause a problem, but I'm paranoid after having an injector fail and frying a piston a while back. A slight bit of discreet elective surgery with a rotary file and all is well. :)