PDA

View Full Version : walbro 255 in tank pumps

89daytonacs
04-30-2008, 02:28 AM
i'm proposing a group buy of walbro 255 pumps from fwdperformance. anyone interested?

89ShelbyGuy
05-01-2008, 12:21 PM
I would be. LMK

1 bad day
05-02-2008, 09:28 AM
same here

tryingbe
05-02-2008, 11:17 AM
TU have the same pump for a little less...

89daytonacs
05-02-2008, 05:51 PM
ok, i'll see if i can get something worked out with turbosunleashed.

Polygon
05-04-2008, 12:03 AM
I'd be interested as well.

89daytonacs
05-06-2008, 03:03 PM
working on contact with TU

89daytonacs
05-07-2008, 03:55 PM
ok, its 105$ each with 20 confirmed. if we get that great, but i think i'll also check with fwdperformance and see what we can get. my buddies said they got theres shipped for 110$ a piece i think. or less, not sure

bn880
05-08-2008, 07:29 PM
I'd be interested, 89 or older style.

89ShelbyGuy
05-08-2008, 11:21 PM
He knocked off a whole 15 dollars? Does this include shipping? Jezz you need 20 people...yea..thats not going to happen. With 20 people you would think you could knock off 20-30 bucks atleast..its not even worth your time to organize this for that much.

bn880
05-09-2008, 01:17 PM
Yes count me out, I've gone ahead and ordered one since I was getting other items from TU.

moparzrule
05-09-2008, 02:10 PM
He knocked off a whole 15 dollars? Does this include shipping? Jezz you need 20 people...yea..thats not going to happen. With 20 people you would think you could knock off 20-30 bucks atleast..its not even worth your time to organize this for that much.

Just how much do you think TU marks stuff up? It's not as much you think obviously :confused:
12.5% discount is pretty large. Thats like take $50 off a TU header. Think about it.

89ShelbyGuy
05-09-2008, 02:26 PM
CALM DOWWWWWWWNN!!!!

I KNEW someone from TU would chime in about my comment, I could see if he got 10 people...but 20!!!! Give me a break, Your telling me if he call his supplier and asked if i ordered 20 pumps from you what kind of break can i get, i am sure they would give him a better deal :confused:. Think about it.

Yea, and count me out too, got one from my friends work for 95 bucks. Thanks And have a nice day....:evil:

moparzrule
05-09-2008, 03:06 PM
What are you talking about calm down? Where did I seem not calm? :confused: You look like the one flipping out LOL.
Anyway...
How about a part number off your $95 pump?

89ShelbyGuy
05-09-2008, 03:15 PM
Woah....woah.....woah....hold up matt...not starting a war here....that line was in a movie, office space i beleive. I was being funny...haha:D

As for the part number, well have to get it for you...ordered it this mourning from car qeust, forgot my buddy gets a nice discount cause he works there...And this is the Walbro pump, not there brand.

Chris W
05-09-2008, 03:18 PM
It's all good :nod:

Matt is pretty much correct about our prices on the Walboro fuel pumps. The pumps we sell are more of a convenience item that we carry so TU can be a one stop shop for our customers. We don't make a whole lot of money on them and we also have to add into our costs shipping to our facility from our supplier. Plus, I can GUARANTEE these are authentic Walboro pumps and not the overseas knockoffs which have been popping up from suppliers recently.

Chris-TU

PS- I would be willing to do only 10 orders at that price instead of 20. I thought I would be doing more people a favor by offering it to 20 :confused2:.

moparzrule
05-09-2008, 03:24 PM
...And this is the Walbro pump, not there brand.

Thats not whats in question, I want to know if it's the high pressure version on the regular walbro 255. TU sells the high pressure version, it draws less amperage yet flows a lot more at higher fuel pressures. This is ideal as the turbo dodge static fuel pressure is high to begin with. At 20 PSI boost (75 PSI fuel pressure) the regular 255 walbro is pretty much out of steam and you risk melting a piston. Just FYI.

Chris W
05-09-2008, 03:26 PM
Thats not whats in question, I want to know if it's the high pressure version on the regular walbro 255. TU sells the high pressure version, it draws less amperage yet flows a lot more at higher fuel pressures. This is ideal as the turbo dodge static fuel pressure is high to begin with. At 20 PSI boost (75 PSI fuel pressure) the regular 255 walbro is pretty much out of steam and you risk melting a piston. Just FYI.

Thanks for pointing that out Matt. Yes, these are the more expensive 255HP versions that include the installation kit.

Chris-TU

89ShelbyGuy
05-09-2008, 03:50 PM
Well, i think i came off a little strong on the first post, which was i was not intending to be, as for the HP version i made sure it was, he gets 20% off regular price...so i think it sounds about right, now as for the 20 orders, i thought that seemed to be alittle high....specially for the Turbo dodge people..10 seems more reasonable...to get atleast, chris, you should know best on the TD Crowd...lol...

Chris W
05-09-2008, 04:27 PM
Well, i think i came off a little strong on the first post, which was i was not intending to be, as for the HP version i made sure it was, he gets 20% off regular price...so i think it sounds about right, now as for the 20 orders, i thought that seemed to be alittle high....specially for the Turbo dodge people..10 seems more reasonable...to get atleast, chris, you should know best on the TD Crowd...lol...

As I mentioned above, we really don't make much money on the pumps so I don't mind offering it to ONLY 10 people out there. Our "normal" orders are anywhere from 20-30 pumps. We won't get any "special" pricing from our supplier for a purchase of 10 so I don't know what "special" discount there is that anyone is expecting us to pass down to participants of this group buy. TU is the one providing this special discount here, not our supplier.

Anyone want to start up a group buy for Cast Iron headers be my guest. Better yet, put together 3" swingvalve Group Buy to give me an incentive to continue making them. :thumb:

Chris-TU

roachjuice
05-09-2008, 04:46 PM
As I mentioned above, we really don't make much money on the pumps so I don't mind offering it to ONLY 10 people out there. Our "normal" orders are anywhere from 20-30 pumps. We won't get any "special" pricing from our supplier for a purchase of 10 so I don't know what "special" discount there is that anyone is expecting us to pass down to participants of this group buy. TU is the one providing this special discount here, not our supplier.

Anyone want to start up a group buy for Cast Iron headers be my guest. Better yet, put together 3" swingvalve Group Buy to give me an incentive to continue making them. :thumb:

Chris-TU most turbo dodge guys don't have lots of money laying around. :thumb: btw fwdperformance has them on sale for 99 bucks.:)

Chris W
05-09-2008, 04:50 PM
I just checked and MSRP on the 255HP pump is $176.51 and the accessory kit is an additional $42.26. That's $218.77 total minus 20% is $175.02. You may want to check on which pump you are getting from Car Quest for $95.

Chris-TU

Chris W
05-09-2008, 04:54 PM
most turbo dodge guys don't have lots of money laying around. :thumb: btw fwdperformance has them on sale for 99 bucks.:)

Funny, that "Sale" at the other vendor wasn't there before this Group Buy was started. Well, that's pretty much our cost before inbound shipping and as I mentioned before we don't receive "special" pricing for a quantity of 10. Go get 'em at the fire sale......

Chris-TU

roachjuice
05-09-2008, 04:59 PM
lol seem a bit upset? i don't give a rats --- about the msrp. i like to see the actual price your selling the item to the customer. i don't care how much you pay for them. i don't care about the install kit price. i'm not starting a "vendor war" or anything just stating the we don't have lots of money like supra guys to throw around and thats why we drive what we drive and fwdperformance has the 255 pump on sale for 99 bucks.

bn880
05-09-2008, 05:07 PM
Thankfully it's the weekend and hopefully some of the warriors here will be going to the track instead of starting fights over nothing. :nod:

Chris W
05-09-2008, 05:15 PM
lol seem a bit upset? i don't give a rats --- about the msrp. i like to see the actual price your selling the item to the customer. i don't care how much you pay for them. i don't care about the install kit price. i'm not starting a "vendor war" or anything just stating the we don't have lots of money like supra guys to throw around and thats why we drive what we drive and fwdperformance has the 255 pump on sale for 99 bucks.

You got it all wrong roach. We're not upset one bit. That's why I recommended going there. For marketing purposes we could drop our prices down to our cost also whenever our competitor does a group buy but we just don't roll that way. We'll maintain our stock and sell to our customers at somewhat of a profit. And the MSRP price was brought up for 89ShelbyGuy's sake. He mentioned he got 20% off so I was just advising him of the price so he can confirm what he ordered.

Chris-TU

roachjuice
05-09-2008, 05:15 PM
Thankfully it's the weekend and hopefully some of the warriors here will be going to the track instead of starting fights over nothing. :nod:

word. fights are kid bull ----.:nod:

roachjuice
05-09-2008, 05:24 PM
You got it all wrong roach. We're not upset one bit. That's why I recommended going there. We could drop our prices down to our cost also whenever our competitor does a group buy just for marketing purposes but we just don't roll that way. We'll maintain our stock and sell to our customers at somewhat of a profit. And the MSRP price was brought up for 89ShelbyGuy's sake. He mentioned he got 20% off so I was just advising him of the price so he can confirm what he ordered.

Chris-TU

i love it when sales people say "we're not making much on it" then why be in the business if your not making much on parts??? i was in the parts business for a long time and i know mark up. you probably pay right around 75-80 bucks a piece for the pumps. that is if you would buy them in bulk. but like i said i don't care. i know you have to make a living. otherwise you wouldn't be in the business.:)

Chris W
05-09-2008, 05:44 PM
i love it when sales people say "we're not making much on it" then why be in the business if your not making much on parts??? i was in the parts business for a long time and i know mark up. you probably pay right around 75-80 bucks a piece for the pumps. that is if you would buy them in bulk. but like i said i don't care. i know you have to make a living. otherwise you wouldn't be in the business.:)

You are wrong about our pricing (20-30 pieces is not considered WD "Bulk" to our supplier) but right that business is business. We did a similar thing when our competitors offered 3" aluminized downpipes for $175. each. We placed our's on SALE for $99. each. That's a 75% discount. Same goes for Forged Pistons which used to sell for over $500. We dropped our prices down to $400. The only difference with these examples is our lower pricing remained PERMANENT and it's made it much more affordable for the entire Turbo-Mopar community. If our competitors pricing remains permanent we will just buy in larger quantities and leverage our supplier to make up the difference. We actually make more on other products which keeps our lights on around here.:eyebrows: Business is Business you know.... :thumb:

Chris-TU

GLHSKEN
05-09-2008, 05:55 PM
CALM DOWWWWWWWNN!!!!

I KNEW someone from TU would chime in about my comment, I could see if he got 10 people...but 20!!!! Give me a break, Your telling me if he call his supplier and asked if i ordered 20 pumps from you what kind of break can i get, i am sure they would give him a better deal :confused:. Think about it.

Yea, and count me out too, got one from my friends work for 95 bucks. Thanks And have a nice day....:evil:

You need to calm down... Your 1st post was entirely negative. What kind of margin do you think there is in these things.

Stop the crap now...

moparzrule
05-09-2008, 07:25 PM

So what parts place did you work at that markup was an even percentage across the board? Thats not normally how it works, you get 10% here, and 50% there, 30% for a different part, etc, all averaging a certain percentage.

roachjuice
05-10-2008, 12:15 AM
different mark ups for different products. i worked in a parts store. some things would be marked up out the --- and some very little.

roachjuice
05-10-2008, 12:16 AM
You are wrong about our pricing (20-30 pieces is not considered WD "Bulk" to our supplier) but right that business is business. We did a similar thing when our competitors offered 3" aluminized downpipes for $175. each. We placed our's on SALE for $99. each. That's a 75% discount. Same goes for Forged Pistons which used to sell for over $500. We dropped our prices down to $400. The only difference with these examples is our lower pricing remained PERMANENT and it's made it much more affordable for the entire Turbo-Mopar community. If our competitors pricing remains permanent we will just buy in larger quantities and leverage our supplier to make up the difference. We actually make more on other products which keeps our lights on around here.:eyebrows: Business is Business you know.... :thumb:

Chris-TU

word.:nod:

moparfwdsleeper
05-10-2008, 12:36 AM
Brandon you get that tranny in yet?

:)I've already got my Walbro for the GLH TII project, if the CSX was in the "getting together" stage then i'd consider the idea:thumb:

roachjuice
05-10-2008, 06:09 AM
Brandon you get that tranny in yet?

:)I've already got my Walbro for the GLH TII project, if the CSX was in the "getting together" stage then i'd consider the idea:thumb:

yep just got done stabbing that bastard @ 5am.:thumb: took me 3 hours to put it in. 2 hours to remove the 525.:nod:

89daytonacs
05-10-2008, 07:52 PM
yea, the sale on FWDPerformance is due to this thread, and my email request for pumps. I'm going to buy one for sure. thanks cindy. and also, thank you Turbos Unleashed for the offer.

89ShelbyGuy
05-10-2008, 09:13 PM
You need to calm down... Your 1st post was entirely negative. What kind of margin do you think there is in these things.

Stop the crap now...

I hate to tell you this KEN, i wasn't causing any problems, the damn comment was from a fricken movie!!!!! Go watch some insted of making post that starts un needed stuff, chris chimed in and explained the situation, i have a right to express my feelings on it. i wasnt mad nor trying to start anything....In my opinion you guys jumped on me right away...as a consumer i thought that was out of place..Chris explained it very well and was even trying to help me out and that was the end of it...period...now you have to come here and post that...what a joke....I am done.

And btw, Chris, thanks for atleast trying to help me out and explain everything like it is. Matt, in my opinion, you came off alittle strong...but its alright..

Thats funny that cindy put them on sale.....lol....i only can imagine what was going threw chris's mind when he saw that...lol

Chris W
05-10-2008, 10:32 PM
Thats funny that cindy put them on sale.....lol....i only can imagine what was going threw chris's mind when he saw that...lol

Really, I could care less which is why I told you to go buy one there. 99% of our products are less expensive then our competitors anyways not to mention we don't have a $8.00 "handling" charge. Let's see... $99. + $8. would put your pumps at $107. then wouldn't it???:p

I'm wondering what was going through your mind when I pointed that out:evil:

Bottom line here is I was trying to do something good here for the community and a few individuals want to turn it around to a let's beat up on the vendor thread. A whopping group buy of 10 pumps isn't going to get me any bigger break since my normal re-stock purchases are 20-30 at a time. The $130. discount for 10 pumps or $260. for 20 was coming directly out of TU's pocket, not my suppliers. Why am I getting beat up over this?:confused2: As I mentioned before I PERMANENTLY dropped the market price $75. on the 3" DPs and $100. on pistons forcing our competitor to do the same. And your complaining about a few bucks here on a short term sale??? You guys crack me up:clap:

Chris-TU

89ShelbyGuy
05-11-2008, 12:35 AM
Didnt know if i worded it wrong chris, but i am on your side..lol...that last comment wasn't meant to be a dig...Your doing a good thing with your business and i know your trying to help everyone out as best you can...if i knew my first post would attract this much attension i would of not even said anything at all...so sorry for the trouble, and i think we need to close this thread.

Ps. Hey chris, so about this group buy on the cast headers...what where you thinking, because i am debating between matts ported one to the cast one....as id rather get your cast one...but between tylers head and aarons custom intake manifold, money is getting tight...but hell, if iam going all out on everything else, might as well go all out on that too, :D

GLHSKEN
05-11-2008, 09:12 AM
Tom,

The thread seemed to be going south... Great, Chris explained things. Glad he did. Thread wound up much better and cleaner in the end. Interestingly enough, I received a PM thanking me for my post. The mod staff here rarely gets involved unless we see something developing. Usually the poster takes offense and we all move on. Sometimes it ends like this, rather amicably, others not so clean.

No need to close the thread. As for the header question above, buy it, you will be glad you did. I have Aarons intake with a 58mm tb ready to go as well as the cast header. Slapping it onto a Menegon head with a .520 exhaust lift Menegon cam. All fed by a GT30 DDB turbo.

I have Matts ported exhaust manifold (nice work) for another car. Either one is a nice piece.

glhs727
05-11-2008, 01:52 PM
i'm proposing a group buy of walbro 255 pumps from fwdperformance. anyone interested?

The ORIGINAL post is about doing a group buy from FWD, there is no mention of TU in there.

This member sent me an email asking if I would do a group buy, I said I would be happy to do it. I told him I would put in on my site for $99 and it would last 2 weeks, no minimun of people needed.
Enough said!!!

later,
Cindy

GLHSKEN
05-11-2008, 01:55 PM
Thanks for steppng up.....

89daytonacs
05-11-2008, 02:27 PM
thats awesome cindy, thanks. i've got one in my shopping cart right now with a few other items.

JamesL
05-16-2008, 12:46 AM
Really, I could care less which is why I told you to go buy one there. 99% of our products are less expensive then our competitors anyways not to mention we don't have a $8.00 "handling" charge. Let's see... $99. + $8. would put your pumps at $107. then wouldn't it???:p

I'm wondering what was going through your mind when I pointed that out:evil:

Bottom line here is I was trying to do something good here for the community and a few individuals want to turn it around to a let's beat up on the vendor thread. A whopping group buy of 10 pumps isn't going to get me any bigger break since my normal re-stock purchases are 20-30 at a time. The $130. discount for 10 pumps or $260. for 20 was coming directly out of TU's pocket, not my suppliers. Why am I getting beat up over this?:confused2: As I mentioned before I PERMANENTLY dropped the market price $75. on the 3" DPs and $100. on pistons forcing our competitor to do the same. And your complaining about a few bucks here on a short term sale??? You guys crack me up:clap:

Chris-TU

Hey Chris, if your going to quote our prices, it would be nice if you would get them right! But then, why should we expect that?:cool:

For those who don't know, credit card companies not only charge you interest on outstanding balances, they charge companies that take credit cards a fee that can range from 2 to 3% plus an authorization fee. Some companies charge it back as a CC convenience fee, others handle it by raising their prices which only makes more money for the CC company. If you have no overhead, like running your business from your living room, you can probably afford to swallow it. If you want to avoid the fee, send a cashiers check. :thumb:If you don't, we split the fee with you and call it handling. :ballchain:I’m not a big fan of CC companies and I don’t like to see them make any more money then their services are actually worth which is pretty close to zero in my mind.:D

I apologize if this thread has had a negative down turn. It started with a simple post about arranging a group buy with FWD (see post 1). We happily participated and even worked it out so there would be no minimum number of people who could benefit from the low price. Our competitor just can't help but try to bait us into a spat and distort our offerings. We certainly can't sit back and let them put out information to the public that is blatantly false. :confused:I hope you can appreciate our position.

James-FWDP

Chris W
05-16-2008, 11:13 PM
Hey Chris, if your going to quote our prices, it would be nice if you would get them right! But then, why should we expect that?:cool:

For those who don't know, credit card companies not only charge you interest on outstanding balances, they charge companies that take credit cards a fee that can range from 2 to 3% plus an authorization fee. Some companies charge it back as a CC convenience fee, others handle it by raising their prices which only makes more money for the CC company. If you have no overhead, like running your business from your living room, you can probably afford to swallow it. If you want to avoid the fee, send a cashiers check. :thumb:If you don't, we split the fee with you and call it handling. :ballchain:I’m not a big fan of CC companies and I don’t like to see them make any more money then their services are actually worth which is pretty close to zero in my mind.:D

I apologize if this thread has had a negative down turn. It started with a simple post about arranging a group buy with FWD (see post 1). We happily participated and even worked it out so there would be no minimum number of people who could benefit from the low price. Our competitor just can't help but try to bait us into a spat and distort our offerings. We certainly can't sit back and let them put out information to the public that is blatantly false. :confused:I hope you can appreciate our position.

James-FWDP

James, I apologize for misquoting your handling charge. The information was provided to us by a few ex-FWDP customers. Since we don't purchase from FWDP we have no idea how you calculate and pass on those bank interchange fees. Thanks for enlightening everyone on how exactly you "split" those CC fees with your customers.

I should have stated in my earlier post that TU's Group Buy price was $105. with no additional fees. When Roachjuice repeatedly posted that FWDP had undercut us at $99. (AFTER we had offered them@$105.) I felt compelled to point out to him that it wasn't the "actual price" because the handling fees had been ommitted.

i like to see the actual price your selling the item to the customer. ...........
......and fwdperformance has the 255 pump on sale for 99 bucks.

95% of our orders are placed with CCs so TU was able to negotiate a VERY low fee schedule for our CC transactions. I suggest you do the same with your CC processor James then maybe then you can afford a house on the lake.:thumb:.

TU absorbs all the CC interchange fees because we consider this a normal part of doing business. We then write them off at the end of the year as most legitimate businesses do. My question to you James is, why are you even charging customers a CC fee and why aren't you writing these fees off at the end of the year?:confused: Or, maybe you ARE writing them off and just using the interchange fees as a way of padding the sale and also as an excuse to charge a handling fee.:rolleyes: Well, I know that our CC company forbids us from adding ANY fees to an order if the customer has decided to use a CC instead of a Check/MO. In fact, I believe Mastercard and Visa also enforce that rule so you might want to quickly edit your public post above about your business practices.:eek:

Here are the facts on this whole thread-

TU was approached by the 89daytonacs to offer a Group Buy for the Walboro 255HP Fuel Pumps. He informed us that they had also requested the same from FWDP but FWDP had failed to respond. It wasn't until AFTER TU made our offer to the community that FWDP stepped up to the plate by undercutting our price (before the hidden fees of course :rolleyes:). We did not distort your offer, we made our offer FIRST and you distorted ours. We stated nothing that was blatantly false, we just pointed out that the $99. cost did not include the "handling" fee which you admitted exists in your previous post. We did not bait you into a spat, you baited us with your post above. I am still not getting the point of your previous post. Was there one?

Please SOMEONE lock this thread before it gets worse.

Chris-TU

glhs727
05-16-2008, 11:45 PM
Please SOMEONE lock this thread before it gets worse.

Chris-TU

Please hurry!!! why Chris has the last word :clap:

Gosh, I can't believe how much you can embelish a statement (or several for that matter) to make people believe something that isn't. You really should have gone into politics:lol:

Ha, heard it from ex-FWDP customers...... negotiated a really low fee.......95% of our orders are CC (yes, cc through paypal, similar but not the same).....again, just more half truths from the TU marketing spin zone.

Chris, people don't really care if their total price is seperated out into cost, handling fee, and real shipping cost, or if its cost including shipping, handling, free sticker...whatever. People just want their parts at fair (total) prices, shipped quick, and good customer service. Your constant nitpicking of us, unprovoked just shows what kind of person you are. You always have to have the last word, we all remember those 10 page threads of the arguments you used to have with Gary when he ran RR. And this is just one more example of YOU dragging us into a vendor spat thread. When Roachjuice stated our price, you used that as an opportunity to spout misinformation about us, in a weak attempt to make TU look better. When James has to come on here to explain our fee, only because of your misinformation, and not because our customers seem to mind since we have done this since the beginning without complaints from our customers, you again come on here to spout more BS, and then ask the mods to hurry up and close the thread. Why? so no one will get a chance to refute your erroneous claims, ha, nice....
I have no problem not saying crap about TU on the list (although I could, over and over again) but unfortunetly you can't do the same. So just quit trying to start crap all the time with us. We really don't care what you sell, who you sell to, or at what price you sell. You are a non-entity to us, and if you didn't keep dragging us into these threads having to refute your lies, we would NOT discuss you/TU at all.
later,
Cindy

Chris W
05-17-2008, 12:57 AM
Ha, heard it from ex-FWDP customers...... negotiated a really low fee.......95% of our orders are CC (yes, cc through paypal, similar but not the same).....again, just more half truths from the TU marketing spin zone.

:confused2:We have been accepting credit cards orders (separate from PayPal) over the phone and through the internet for almost two years now. In fact, we processed many of these orders this week while our site was down. And AGAIN, we don't pass fees down to the customer that we write off at the end of the year. It's just not fair to the customer to have to pay for something that we are eventually compensated for.

Chris, people don't really care if their total price is seperated out into cost, handling fee, and real shipping cost, or if its cost including shipping, handling, free sticker...whatever. People just want their parts at fair (total) prices, shipped quick, and good customer service.

Well, from what roachjuice requested he clearly stated that he was looking for the "actual price your selling the item to the customer." Especially since he is balking over a $6.00 difference I would expect that to mean he wants the BOTTOM DOLLAR PRICE not one where he winds up paying more $ for a hidden "handling" fee in the end that should not have been passed down to the customers in the first place. Shipped quick? Anyone can rebox a product and ship it. But how about cylinder head work, engine work, turbo repairs. I can bring up example after example if you wish. As I said it might be best to close this thread now for your sake. Oh, and before you bring it up, all TU cals orders have either been filled or refunded.

Your constant nitpicking of us, unprovoked just shows what kind of person you are. You always have to have the last word, we all remember those 10 page threads of the arguments you used to have with Gary when he ran RR. And this is just one more example of YOU dragging us into a vendor spat thread. When Roachjuice stated our price, you used that as an opportunity to spout misinformation about us, in a weak attempt to make TU look better. When James has to come on here to explain our fee, only because of your misinformation, and not because our customers seem to mind since we have done this since the beginning without complaints from our customers, you again come one here to spout more BS, and then ask the mods to hurry up and close the thread. Why? so no one will get a chance to refute your erroneous claims, ha, nice....

No, it was to save FWDP the continued embarassment of getting caught charging an extra fee for CC transactions which you knowingly get compensated for later. We can continue this if you wish, but James already admitted this fact to everyone publicly. So, you don't think your customers mind paying a bogus "fee"? NICE:thumb: Just like they didn't mind paying $50. to join the Phantom FWD Race team and then telling them later that they could only get their money back by spending an additional $1,000. with your company. Now THAT'S Marketing! All for a race team that never happened. Nothing like riding on the coat tails of Stefan's hard work. I am only spouting FACTS here, not BS.

Look Cindy, I apologized and took back that I brought up about your "handling" fee by rewording my post. I merely pointed out roachjuices oversite of the handling fee, that's all. Just comparing apples to apples for the customers. Why are you still arguing???

I have no problem not saying crap about TU on the list (although I could, over and over again) but unfortunetly you can't do the same. So just quit trying to start crap all the time with us. We really don't care what you sell, who you sell to, or at what price you sell. You are a non-entity to us, and if you didn't keep dragging us into these threads having to refute your lies, we would discuss you/TU at all.
later,
Cindy

Refute what lie? James already spilled the beans on the handling fee. I am just repeating what he already said.:confused:

PLEASE STOP THIS CINDY...

Chris-TU

glhs727
05-17-2008, 01:24 AM
It's just not fair to the customer to have to pay for something that we are eventually compensated for.

We don't get compensated for paying credit card fees. What you really mean is that it is an expense that can be deducted from your overall tax liability when you do your business taxes.

Shipped quick? Anyone can rebox a product and ship it.
How true and no one knows better than YOU about that! You're the king of drop ship! You don't even rebox the stuff, you just have companies like Arizona Turbo and Tractor just ship directly for you. Do you think people really believe you personally build the turbos you sell?

Oh, and before you bring it up, all TU cals orders have either been filled or refunded.

Well, I wasn't planning on bringing it up, you did!!

Just like they didn't mind paying $50. to join the Phantom FWD Race team and then telling them later that they could only get their money back by spending an additional $1,000. with your company.

Actually you didn't have to buy anything from us to get a refund on that. We offered a refund immediately when we found out Stephane couldn't race. Only one person took us up on it. The rest had no problem with us using it for Mike Stimac, James Reeves, Rob Pachner and Warren Stramer. In additon, for every $1 we took from that program we added in additional $4
of our OWN money to help these guys out in sponsorship. And we continue to sponsor these guys with what they need even now, even after we discontinued that program.

So really, why are YOU still on here arguing? I wouldn't be here if you would shut up already
later
Cindy

Chris W
05-17-2008, 02:09 AM
We don't get compensated for paying credit card fees. What you really mean is that it is an expense that can be deducted from your overall tax liability when you do your business taxes.

It may not be 100% compensation in the end, but, that's the cost of running a business. The customers shouldn't be held responsible for "splitting" those fees with the merchant.

How true and no one knows better than YOU about that! You're the king of drop ship! You don't even rebox the stuff, you just have companies like Arizona Turbo and Tractor just ship directly for you. Do you think people really believe you personally build the turbos you sell?

We have used them in the past, but, they provide no warranty :eek: so we now deal with several other reputable companies that stand behind their work. Some of them are local and some are not (Turbonetics, Turbo Electric, AGP Turbo, AZ Turbo Auto Diesel, etc.) so now we can offer the best possible product at the best possible price for our customers.:thumb:

Actually you didn't have to buy anything from us to get a refund on that. We offered a refund immediately when we found out Stephane couldn't race.

My point here is you marketed something from the start that you knew would never come to fruition. You were initially talking about Stephane coming in to be the shop foreman, Fabricator, porter, Engine builder, Dyno tuner, etc. You said he would wear many hats at FWDP. Then James said something about Stephane coming in on an "Athlete's Visa". :confused: An Athlete's visa is only good for someone entering the country to engage in a sporting event and he can only be compensated for that event, not employed full time at a shop. You guys didn't have a clue... But that didn't stop you from collecting the donations for something you knew wasn't going to happen. Nice:thumb:

So really, why are YOU still on here arguing? I wouldn't be here if you would shut shut up already
later
Cindy

Chris-TU shutting up:bolt:

GLHSKEN
05-17-2008, 07:22 AM
I would suggest all non-interested parties Keep their .02 out of this thread. Your posts from this point forward WILL BE DELETED.

Since both vendors want to bicker like school children, AGAIN, I am keeping their posts intact.

glhs727
05-17-2008, 10:28 AM
My point here is you marketed something from the start that you knew would never come to fruition. You were initially talking about Stephane coming in to be the shop foreman, Fabricator, porter, Engine builder, Dyno tuner, etc. You said he would wear many hats at FWDP. Then James said something about Stephane coming in on an "Athlete's Visa". :confused: An Athlete's visa is only good for someone entering the country to engage in a sporting event and he can only be compensated for that event, not employed full time at a shop. You guys didn't have a clue... But that didn't stop you from collecting the donations for something you knew wasn't going to happen.

I'm not interested in bickering. FWDP DID NOT start any of it. If Chris would stop throwing out these lies and half truths he calls factual, then we wouldn't have to step in and set the record straight. The latest about us taking donations for Stephane's racing knowing full well he wasn't going to be able to fill his committments is just the latest in this ridicluous thread. Yes, we invested thousands in building expansion, equipment, legal fees etc... to help Stephane get over here just so we could dupe 30 people out of $50 each, then spent thousands more of our own money to help the other TD racers even though we knew Stephane couldn't stay. Come on, how ridicluous is Chris' claim. Chris really reached deep into the bottom of the barrell to pull that accusation out. BTW we had more than one visa working (not just the althete visa which we got first so he COULD race and be compensated, but you obviously have no clue how legal immigration works)
Anymore "non-factual" factual accusations you want to bring up?
You should just let this thread die, since the more you write, the more retarded your claims get.
later,
Cindy

JamesL
05-17-2008, 12:24 PM
It may not be 100% compensation in the end, but, that's the cost of running a business. The customers shouldn't be held responsible for "splitting" those fees with the merchant.

It can die after I point out this ridiculous assertion. With all that college training you think a businessman like yourself would know what Cost of Goods sold is. I wonder how many real businesses would still be in business if they didn't take the time to understand their overall overhead and factor that into the price of their goods? So along with my banking fees, I should not factor in my utilities, marketing cost, telecom, office supplies, legal, insurance, shipping supplies, labor, outside serves....etc, ad nausium because they are deductable on my taxes.....ridiculous and you really are lost if you think so. I'm sure you don't itemize any of that on your taxes.

Chris W
05-19-2008, 03:53 PM
We tripled our purchasing volume with our supplier today and renegotiated our prices to bring down our costs. Sorry I couldn't do that earlier but our supplier is closed through the weekend. Our "Special" pricing is $95. per kit (No Handling Fees and No Hidden Costs) and we are going to try and make this a permanent price as long as we can count on everyone's continued participation. I am working on knocking down the '90 and up kits even lower so if you need one of those you may want to wait a few more days to order until I have finished with the negotiations. :clap:

Here's the link:

http://turbosunleashed.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=140

Chris-TU
College Educated
Customer Service Motivated

Chris W
05-21-2008, 09:26 PM
We negotiated a price of $90. on the '90 and newer Walboro 255HP fuel pumps. Once again, no hidden costs or handling fees.

The link for the Fuel pumps is here:

Thanks for your support!

Chris-TU

JamesL
05-22-2008, 09:40 AM
We negotiated a price of $90. on the '90 and newer Walboro 255HP fuel pumps. Once again, no hidden costs or handling fees.

The link for the Fuel pumps is here:

Thanks for your support!

Chris-TU

:rolleyes::D