PDA

View Full Version : For Sale: 86 Shelby Charger project car

WickedShelby88
04-30-2008, 02:00 AM
Well I hate to do this but I can't afford to keep this car in storage so I need to sell it. This is definitely a project as its in many pieces, but then again that means the hard part is done. I have a lot of parts lined up for this car will have them purchased or shipped to the buyer when the sale becomes final. Its a sante fe blue sunroof car from the midwest I suspect so its going to need some body work and front floor repair. I have most of the interior all in the correct color. I will definitely work with someone to get whatever is missing. The driveline currently in the car is the older small spline equal length setup like they came with and a 525 with a locked up 87 shortblock. I will throw in a good common block from a turbo car along with a 2.5 bottom end as well as a set of T2 pistons. I've got an a/c delete bracket along with the pulley too. Theres a lot of other things like a rebuildable 782 head, 1 piece v/c 1 piece intake that I will have drilled for the air charge sensor if you like and a whole lot of other extras. Pics will be up soon. Its currently sitting on some 15" pumpers with bad tires and I'm going to have some swiss cheese 5 lug wheels and good tires go with it as well. I'm going to ask 600 obo. for everything which you could probably get if you scrapped and parted everything I can help deliver within the distance of 150 miles from northern illinois. You can reach me during the day with any questions at 815-501-0197. I will also entertain possible trades as well.

Thanks, Joseph

j4278h
04-30-2008, 11:13 AM
Joe,

what do you want off this gts baron? Only thing missing is drivetrain, your hood, and engine harness.

Excellent donor for some rust free sheet metal, found out the car was a California emissions vehicle.

Anonymous_User
04-30-2008, 09:39 PM
Son of a.......

Joe,

I'm stopping by the weekend of the 10th anyway, so I might as well consider hauling the trailer over again. Can you get pics of the car?

OMG, my wife would kill me.... crap....

Very interested pending pics. I'd really like to know how bad the floors are. I DONT want to tackle another one like my Daytona!

WickedShelby88
05-01-2008, 02:25 AM
Lol its nothing like your daytona and I'm already have a big sheet of sheet metal that would make it gravy work. I have some pics posted in the thread for pics of L bodies or chargers here somewhere.
I will get more just for you. Like I said I can get you everything you need for the most part at the price its at now included. Local yard owes me an engine and trans so I can hook a guy up with an 89 2.2 N/A cb motor.. woohoo. also have a line on a 2.2 T2 CB short block.. the block has a crack so it leaks a little coolant, but not to the point you couldn't weld it up and be done with it. No wristpin noise either. Also throwing in the brakes from the lancer which aren't all that old when i get the 4 wheel disc setup installed. I will include everything on the back along with the front stuff you will need, the master, and the p valve which you can easily modify or I suggest getting an adjustable unit.
I also have 86 Dodge line up and charger brochures in very good condition that go with the car. I have an 89 SMEC that would be great to make socketable for a SMEC upgrade and can get a harness. I cleaning house so whoever buys this will get a ---- load of extras.

Anonymous_User
05-01-2008, 03:39 AM
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm51/JBSHELBYS/100_2032.jpg

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm51/JBSHELBYS/100_2031.jpg

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm51/JBSHELBYS/100_2041.jpg

I believe these are your pics from the other thread. It looks to be a good project to start with. Looks like the ground f/x may be missing on the drivers side door, but hard to tell.

Let's see... this is Thursday morning. I will see if I can arrange to transport it home on the 10th. I don't have trailer brakes on the ramcharger yet, so that wouldn't be a good idea..... Maybe I'll just slap a hitch on the Caravan and rent a dolly. I will let you know by midnight Friday if that is OK with you.

WickedShelby88
05-01-2008, 01:19 PM
Sounds good man. This will definitely help unload a bill I don't need for something I don't need. At nearly 100 dollars month the storage is taking its toll on me budget or lack there of.
I have the side skirt for the other side its just not attatched. The mounting stuff is still there in the sheet metal. It does show how good the rockers really are though.
If you see this some of this will go your way Mr. K. Thanks all, Joseph

Sale pending pickup at this writing.

Anonymous_User
05-02-2008, 08:34 AM
Sent you a PM. Just got my work schedule for next weekend and those bastages have me working all weekend. :( Gonna beg someone to take the overtime.

Anonymous_User
06-30-2008, 06:00 AM
Car is home now. Flooding pushed the trip back a ways. 460 mile round trip at 9.5 mpg. :D Gotta love that gutless 318. Was pretty much WOT all the way home and still being passed by most. No speedo, so no idea how slow I was moving, probably 60.

Car is a solid foundation. First on the list will be to unpack everything and catalog what I have and what I don't have.

Thanks Joe.

WickedShelby88
06-30-2008, 07:59 AM
Thanks a million buddy. Now the car definitely is in a better place. One day I will get another L body. Hopefully not after a divorce.

Dodge Aries K
06-30-2008, 02:25 PM
Mr. K as in me?

Too bad to see that one go Joe. That looked like a decent car. I still kinda miss the SC I used to have a while back.