PDA

View Full Version : FS: 1986 Daytona Z w/A555 & sunroof

Jack's Dodge
03-04-2006, 06:18 PM
Selling the car as a whole if possble. Will part eventually if need be. Owned the car for about 1.5 years now. Car has new brakes lines (installed when I bought the car), Silverstar low beam head lights, 5 pizza wheels (two need tires), and the interior is in very good shape. No a/c. Car has the SLH 2 swap with mini van calipers up front an 10" rotors in the rear. Rear calipers are new as are the front pads. Calipers from the yard are performing quite well. Z has PB control arm bushings along with rear axle to frame bushings. Also have a Shelby sway bar up front and stock solid sway bar in the rear. Replaced stock rad with an aftermarket aluminum rad. Car got a used clutch in the 5sp swap but the flywheel was shotpeened (sp) and resurfaced. Clutch holds fine. center consol has not been installed yet.
Car has electrical woes which have effected the turn signals, windsheild wipers, radio, ignition switch and power mirrors. Car also has surging idle, so I'll check the codes. Believe that to be a faulty speed/distance sensor. There is some blowby in the engine. Believe it is the original block. Runs well. Turbo is starting to smooke a bit. Just reaplced a few months back with a unit from the yard. Could be something else, as the turbo boosts fine with no sign of issues. I shift at 3k all the time. Twice a week I'll give the Z a spirited run thru the gears. Trans shifts perfectly. No issue. Fluid leak on pass side. About a quart evey other month. There are rust hole in the driver's side wheel well, and in the spare tire area. After replacing the fuel pump sock, the car leaked fuel when pared on hills with the driver's tilted down. Does not leak under any other circumstances
I drive the car daily, and have made several long distance trip in it. I'm hoping to clear up some of the problems by swapping in another sterring column. I have some pics if anyone wants a look, and I am going to gets more.
Some of the tires are new, but other got worn from drving without an alignment Asking $900 for everything, and whatever extra parts you want to take with it. I am getting a k-wagon whenever I can get ti it, so if no one is interested, I'll just swap over the goodies and send the rest to the yard. Might be able to transport if needed.

reject
03-10-2006, 08:13 PM
ooooooo ... why must you tempt me!